Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

JD Sports online, if your in a rush for something then don't bother placing an order.

Search this Thread

Old 09 December 2011, 07:00 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JD Sports online, if your in a rush for something then don't bother placing an order.

Ive never used JD Sports online before, seen a few things i fancied so i placed an order last Saturday 4th December. If you spend over £25 its free standard delivery, their website states that standard delivery is usually delivered within 3 days.

Anyway, nothing after 3 days. I rang them this afternoon as its 5 days since i placed the order just to find out when the stuff will arrive. Apparently its not even been dispatched yet, no warning on the website to state that they have a huge backlog with deliveries and no email to let customers know this, it seems as though they'd just prefer to keep you in the dark.

He couldn't even guarentee when its going to arrive, i said can you put it on a next day for next week, he said we can't even do that as we have had to cancel next day deliveries as we can't guarentee them.

So if your in a rush for something for xmas as a pressie for someone or just some new gear then don't bother with JD sports online as even they don't have a clue when you will get your order.

Last edited by Rob_Impreza99; 09 December 2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09 December 2011, 07:10 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

funny you should say that we orderd these for our little girl

2 weeks later they arrived!!

You never guess who the use 'yodel' the ****test delivery company ever
Old 09 December 2011, 07:13 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

They're probably still trying to recover their loss of stock from the chav riots this year.
Old 09 December 2011, 09:32 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

people do not want to pay for a high quality delivery service they want goods delivered as cheaply as possible, thats why you are waiting all of the cheap couriers are busy.
Old 10 December 2011, 05:34 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ant
funny you should say that we orderd these for our little girl

2 weeks later they arrived!!

You never guess who the use 'yodel' the ****test delivery company ever
Yodel deliver for Amazon, delivered a telly on the first expected delivery date just over a week ago.
Old 10 December 2011, 08:10 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

My wife work place has to distribute through yodel and the amount of accounts that complain about yodel is crazy. Not leaving cards do the their parcel being stuck at collection.

You must of been lucky.

But when I tracked my parcel it was at theirs distribution Center (one for my area) it was there for 5 days before it was ona van
Old 10 December 2011, 08:30 AM
CEL
Scooby Regular

Yodel are a complete waste of time.

I ordered a laptop 26th November and still don't have it. Apparently they have 'lost' it. Currys are not being much help either as its over a weeks since I called them about it.

Anyway, back on topic, I don't think it's just JD. Iwantoneofthose seems to be struggling too. I ordered something on Thursday and it's not due for despatch until 20th December apparently
Old 10 December 2011, 08:41 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Tescos are struggling too at the moment, I paid for next day delivery and it arrived 6 working days later, normally Tescos are bob on with deliveries, must be the Christmas rush in full swing lol
Old 10 December 2011, 12:35 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby Soon!
people do not want to pay for a high quality delivery service they want goods delivered as cheaply as possible, thats why you are waiting all of the cheap couriers are busy.
This doesn't have anything to do with couriers, JD sports havn't even dispatched the order to the couriers yet so it probably hasn't even been picked.

If a company is snowed under with orders and they know its going to be late when they dispatch them then all they have to do is to put a message on their website saying this, or they can do a mass email to people that have placed orders explaining that they will be late sending them out.

Thats far better than leaving people in the dark, its how a competent business would run itself.
Old 10 December 2011, 07:20 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rob_Impreza99
This doesn't have anything to do with couriers, JD sports havn't even dispatched the order to the couriers yet so it probably hasn't even been picked.

If a company is snowed under with orders and they know its going to be late when they dispatch them then all they have to do is to put a message on their website saying this, or they can do a mass email to people that have placed orders explaining that they will be late sending them out.

Thats far better than leaving people in the dark, its how a competent business would run itself.
Most will keep things quiet other wise they will lose a lot of money...