ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Chain Reaction Cycles - Warning! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/902994-chain-reaction-cycles-warning.html)

Daryl 26 August 2011 12:17 PM

Chain Reaction Cycles - Warning!

Ordered an item from them yesterday, after calling to check it was in stock, and paid extra for next day delivery - just checked on-line and the order still says processing.

I just called them, only to be told that the item is out of stock. Lying b*stards! :mad:

Thought I would warn anybody thinking of ordering from them in the future to be careful, I wonder if they tell their sales staff to say it's in stock just to get your order.

It's not the first time people have had problems with them either!

Coffin Dodger 26 August 2011 12:21 PM

Always been very good when I've ordered stuff from them. Can't expect perfection all the time I guess, just 99.9%. Had the same with eBuyer a while back, ordered something that they supposedly had a fair few off in stock only to find out that they didn't have stock after all. They were apologetic enough. Having myself worked in a supermarket I know that stock control systems aren't always accurate despite the best efforts of the staff.

sovietspybob 26 August 2011 12:26 PM

I've used them a bit and found them to be very good, with the sheer ammount of stuff they stock there'll always be some issues like that unfortunately.

They used to have/still have a very good eBay outlet store where i got some very very cheap rockshox forks a few years back ;)

J4CKO 26 August 2011 12:35 PM

Bad luck but I bougth quite a bit off them in the past and they have been great, wouldnt worry, expect they will sort it out.

P1Fanatic 26 August 2011 12:36 PM

Yeah Ive used them for some tyres and knee/elbow pads and been impressed with their quick delivery. Always crap when its you who has an issue but they are like the amazon of the bike world in the UK it seems. Tis a bit crap if you take the effort to call and check in stock and miss out.

andy97 26 August 2011 12:39 PM

Distance purchase, you are entitled to a full refund, no quibble.

Mistakes can happen, but if it is their strategy to capture sales, then it's shoddy practice

bigsinky 26 August 2011 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Daryl (Post 10205395)
Ordered an item from them yesterday, after calling to check it was in stock, and paid extra for next day delivery - just checked on-line and the order still says processing.

I just called them, only to be told that the item is out of stock. Lying b*stards! :mad:

Thought I would warn anybody thinking of ordering from them in the future to be careful, I wonder if they tell their sales staff to say it's in stock just to get your order.

It's not the first time people have had problems with them either!

They sell millions of pounds of stuff every year. you got to expect some hiccups now and again. as before, 99.9% of people seem satisfied. $hit happens fella get over it.

alcazar 26 August 2011 01:55 PM

As above, I've had stuff off them, although we now use TartyBikes as well, plus Woolly Hatshop.

Never had any problems.

As far as stock control goes, I agree: the computer says it's there, but when you go and look on the shelf, it's not:( I've had that in big stores and DIY sheds too.

Midlife...... 26 August 2011 04:03 PM

I thought Chain Reaction had got their house in order after the card cloning fisco, that's when I started using Wiggle / Amazon.....Got to have a look at tartybikes LOL

Shaun

B0DSKI 26 August 2011 08:04 PM

Never had a problem with them and I've been using them 10 years +

Daryl 26 August 2011 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by bigsinky (Post 10205488)
They sell millions of pounds of stuff every year. you got to expect some hiccups now and again. as before, 99.9% of people seem satisfied. $hit happens fella get over it.

Just posting my personal experience - make of it what you will. The fact that I could have got the item elsewhere and had it delivered today is what is annoying. Everybody else seems happy with them, which is fair enough, but I'm definitely over it. :)

Fella - God, I hate people who say that, that might take some getting over! :lol1:

bigsinky 26 August 2011 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Daryl (Post 10206224)
Just posting my personal experience - make of it what you will. The fact that I could have got the item elsewhere and had it delivered today is what is annoying. Everybody else seems happy with them, which is fair enough, but I'm definitely over it. :)

Fella - God, I hate people who say that, that might take some getting over! :lol1:

Glad you're over it fella. Doesn't do to dwell on things ;)

andythejock01wrx 26 August 2011 10:36 PM

Was a victim of the card issues (mine had to be cancelled and reissued but I didn't lose any cash). Still, was sorted pretty quickly.

Other than that, I've found they've always had stock when they've said, and generally supply within 2 days (hence I don't bother with extra postage costs for quicker service as I'm not sure it is). Pretty darned good, as are Wiggle btw.

nik52wrx 27 August 2011 12:34 AM

Wiggle ;)