ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   Big Thanks to Chris@Aplan! (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/895710-big-thanks-to-chris-aplan.html)

jaypSTi 05 July 2011 06:30 PM

Big Thanks to Chris@A-plan!

Just like to thank Chris at A-plan for sorting me a great policy on my 08 hatchback STI with loads of mods. Chris was very helpful in getting exactly the right policy and explained everything and answered all my questions regarding how my modifications are covered.
Cheaper than last years policy with KM and lower excess too! :)
Couldn't get hold of Gary this time round unfortunately.

gbnut 05 July 2011 08:06 PM

Glad you have managed to get a decent quote, My wife spoke to A-plan yesterday and was told "sorry you haven't had the car for a year, so we can't help you"!! (She is the main driver as she uses the car for work, I get the weekends :D

Today she attempted to speak to Keith Michaels and was bluntly told better of staying with Admiral at £1150.

Insurance prices seem to be preety much think of a number and double it. Costs have almost doubled since September!!!

Moley 05 July 2011 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by gbnut (Post 10121515)
Glad you have managed to get a decent quote, My wife spoke to A-plan yesterday and was told "sorry you haven't had the car for a year, so we can't help you"!! (She is the main driver as she uses the car for work, I get the weekends :D

Today she attempted to speak to Keith Michaels and was bluntly told better of staying with Admiral at £1150.

Insurance prices seem to be preety much think of a number and double it. Costs have almost doubled since September!!!

She wasn't told 'bluntly' at all.

Unfortunately due to certain aspects of your policy requirements we weren't able to offer a competitive quote, so i advised your wife (after running through a full quote) that the Admiral policy was a very good price.

At no point did i consider my response to be blunt, infact i took time to explain why we weren't competitive.

Gary

gbnut 05 July 2011 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX (Post 10121540)
She wasn't told 'bluntly' at all.

Unfortunately due to certain aspects of your policy requirements we weren't able to offer a competitive quote, so i advised your wife (after running through a full quote) that the Admiral policy was a very good price.

At no point did i consider my response to be blunt, infact i took time to explain why we weren't competitive.

Gary

Thanks Gary, I think we are both just venting our anger at the insurance companies......

Moley 05 July 2011 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by gbnut (Post 10121557)
Thanks Gary, I think we are both just venting our anger at the insurance companies......

No probs, i appreciate it can get very frustrating.

(Nice looking car by the way :thumb:)

Chris@A-Plan 06 July 2011 09:09 AM

You are more than welcome!!

Glad we could help,

Chris