ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Projects (https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-40/)
-   -   SBR 2.35 Bugeye Wagon JDM WRX AVCS Project (https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-40/890393-sbr-2-35-bugeye-wagon-jdm-wrx-avcs-project.html)

jura11 10 April 2012 07:21 PM

Little update:

We are been today get mapped at SRR our AEM Water Methanol injection with 50 water/50methanol mix and we are made below figures,plus we are get finally sorted wideband,its finally fitted and we are finally running full time wideband via Syvecs

Duncan work again with his magic and fit for us Wideband for which we are really appreciated and really thanks to Duncan for this:thumb:

Again thanks Duncan for mapping and for fitting and mapping the wideband:thumb:.

Plus thanks too Charlie for Syvecs stickers and for hospitality:thumb:

Here are bellow dyno runs for T99 with 50/50 water methanol inkection

http://imgboot.com/thumbs-large/jura...pandtorque.jpg

http://imgboot.com/thumbs-large/jura11/dyno3afr.jpg

http://imgboot.com/thumbs-large/jura11/dyno3boost.jpg

Please note,this is only Water methanol injection,not proper 20% mixing methanol in the tank with Vpower or T99,AEM Water methanol working only at range from 1.0-1.5bar(at 1.5bar is water methanol injection shut down/switched off).Water methanol will not replace methanol mixing with fuel at tank,but only help for better safety

Jura

Rob Day 10 April 2012 07:46 PM

Cant see the graphs on my work PC ;(

where's my phone ;)

Rob

Rob Day 10 April 2012 07:56 PM

Hi Jura,

I just had a quick look at the dyno on my phone, I thought you were running close to 500bhp on Vpower?

Rob

stockcar 10 April 2012 08:15 PM

you want the back closer "matched" than 1/2 degree IMO...........

jura11 10 April 2012 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rob Day (Post 10572042)
Hi Jura,

I just had a quick look at the dyno on my phone, I thought you were running close to 500bhp on Vpower?

Rob

Hi Rob

This is on V-power and 50/50 water methanol mix,not on V-power and 20% methanol plus 50/50 Water methanol.We are expecting with V-power and 50/50 water methanol plus 20% methanol(mixed with V-power at fuel tank) somewhere at region 500bhp+

Water methanol is not for making power,just for safety and extra bhp will help too on V-power maps,plus this is only working from range of the 1-1.5bar(at 1.5bar is cut off for water methanol kit)

And yes we are running 4 maps on 20% methanol(mixed at tank with V-power or T99) at 490bhp.

Jura

jura11 10 April 2012 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by stockcar (Post 10572091)
you want the back closer "matched" than 1/2 degree IMO...........

Agreed Alyn,we will need and will be done in few days.This is only beta setup which will be adjusted soon

Jura

Shaun 11 April 2012 01:09 PM

I really don't see any point in meth injection at this level... in fact I don't see the point of it at any level. lol

Interesting to see results though.

MartynJ 11 April 2012 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 10573063)
I really don't see any point in meth injection at this level... in fact I don't see the point of it at any level. lol

Basic lack of experience Shaun ?
Cooler charge temps are always a good thing, mix with these the added octane content from the meth and there you have it. Free power !

Shaun 11 April 2012 08:33 PM

Martin you bellend ... I know exactly what Meth can do, but it doesn't mean this specific application makes any sense to me personally.

It's not FREE power like you put it, unless suddenly the tooth fairy bought it,
fitted it, mapped it and keeps it totted up with a METH mix to net a couple of extra bhp.

If you read what Jura put, he said the main reason was for safety.... that is what I don't understand in reality. If I had to add something like METH injection for safety, I'd be changing my mapper first. ;)

MartynJ 11 April 2012 08:45 PM

Bellend ! Lol, good one ;)

jura11 11 April 2012 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 10573063)

Sorry Shaun methanol injection at this level is for just releasing extra power without the messing with putting meth into fuel tank... and we are happy with results(mix is around 65% water and 35% methanol)

Jura

Originally Posted by MartynJ (Post 10573210)
Basic lack of experience Shaun ?
Cooler charge temps are always a good thing, mix with these the added octane content from the meth and there you have it. Free power !

Thanks Martyn

Jura

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 10573710)
Martin you bellend ... I know exactly what Meth can do, but it doesn't mean this specific application makes any sense to me personally.

It's not FREE power like you put it, unless suddenly the tooth fairy bought it,
fitted it, mapped it and keeps it totted up with a METH mix to net a couple of extra bhp.

If you read what Jura put, he said the main reason was for safety.... that is what I don't understand in reality. If I had to add something like METH injection for safety, I'd be changing my mapper first. ;)

Shaun we are paid good price and really as i said before we are running 8 maps(2x V-power maps,2xV-power with 50/50 water methanol injection and 3 are just V-power with 20% methanol with different boost levels ALS,LC) and this is just for safety(please read this as not messing and putting with methanol into fuel tank,its nothing to do with our mapper).

We are all ready made 490bhp on 20% methanol and this 50/50 water methanol kit(in our case 65% water and 35% methanol) is good enough to made 465bhp and we are happy

Jura

Fai17 11 April 2012 10:16 PM

It spools well mate :)

Shaun 11 April 2012 10:44 PM

Martyn,
You know my way with words. :luvlove:

Jura,
Regardless the results are of course interesting.... but I still don't "get" why you've gone that route. :D

Anyway.... nice results and good information for the rest of us. :)

Cannon Fodder 11 April 2012 11:16 PM

It's been a while since I have had a look at this thread Jura but you must have the best sorted Impreza Wagon in the UK, it's a real credit to you and it just seems to get better. :notworthy

Bob Rawle was using water/methanol aquamist injection on his STi V5 a while ago and he rated it's benefits for cooling temperatures and improving combustion highly.

I nearly went for it myself on my Spec C, it was only because when I received the kit it had parts missing that meant that I had to send it back as the missing parts weren't available at the time.

Well done. :thumb:

jura11 12 April 2012 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Fai17 (Post 10574030)
It spools well mate :)

Thanks there:thumb:

Jura

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 10574120)
Martyn,
You know my way with words. :luvlove:

Jura,
Regardless the results are of course interesting.... but I still don't "get" why you've gone that route. :D

Anyway.... nice results and good information for the rest of us. :)

Thanks Shaun and really this has been our experiment(after reading some tests on the Nasioc and other US sites) and we are been curious how much we will make with this and V-Power/T99,plus as i said we are want some safety related to the filling/messing with methanol..

Results are OK,just still think our heads are most limiting factor on this build and due this we are thinking putting JDM STi heads and see difference on spool up and bhp

Jura

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 10574195)
It's been a while since I have had a look at this thread Jura but you must have the best sorted Impreza Wagon in the UK, it's a real credit to you and it just seems to get better. :notworthy

Bob Rawle was using water/methanol aquamist injection on his STi V5 a while ago and he rated it's benefits for cooling temperatures and improving combustion highly.

I nearly went for it myself on my Spec C, it was only because when I received the kit it had parts missing that meant that I had to send it back as the missing parts weren't available at the time.

Well done. :thumb:

Thanks Ty for kind comment:thumb:

Jura

trails 12 April 2012 02:24 PM

Jura... ;)

https://www.scoobynet.com/wanted-18/...vcs-heads.html

jura11 12 April 2012 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by trails (Post 10574822)

Thanks Ian:thumb:

Jura

jura11 12 April 2012 02:29 PM

Little update:

After speaking with Neil@ Slowboy racing and my brother,we are going with JDM STi heads(hopefully JDM STi big port) or our one with some sort of porting and polishing and finally we will know for sure,how much our heads has been limiting factor and plus will be interesting to see if we will gain on spool up and bhp

Jura

trails 12 April 2012 02:35 PM

Jura those ones have been sold, sorry!

Pretty sure the v7 UK heads are big port too, but wortha check on 22B :)

dynamix 12 April 2012 03:06 PM

Was an interesting exercise for sure. On a straight comparison it made 15 bhp difference approx 3% improvement which isn't bad at all IMO.

Heads will again be interesting to back to back the results to see whether the top end comes alive with better airflow. I suspect it will.

Lovely wagon.

pot1175 12 April 2012 03:10 PM

@jurra
Drewster on 22b has some big port heat that have been ringed if your after a set.
loving the car btw !
mark

jura11 12 April 2012 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by trails (Post 10574837)
Jura those ones have been sold, sorry!

Pretty sure the v7 UK heads are big port too, but wortha check on 22B :)

Thanks Ian we will see and about the UK STi heads,they can be big port,but they will rev lower than JDM

Jura

Originally Posted by dynamix (Post 10574874)
Was an interesting exercise for sure. On a straight comparison it made 15 bhp difference approx 3% improvement which isn't bad at all IMO.

Heads will again be interesting to back to back the results to see whether the top end comes alive with better airflow. I suspect it will.

Lovely wagon.

Thanks Duncan for mapping and fitting the wideband:thumb:.

I know 3%(15bhp) is not too much,but we are happy with outcome and hopefully after fitting better heads we will break 500bhp on V-power and 20% methanol.

As you are said,will be interesting to see,how will affect the top end and spool up better heads

And again thanks Duncan:thumb:

Jura

Originally Posted by pot1175 (Post 10574881)
@jurra
Drewster on 22b has some big port heat that have been ringed if your after a set.
loving the car btw !
mark

Thanks Mark.I've contacted Drewster about the heads and thanks for kind comment:thumb:

Jura

trails 12 April 2012 03:59 PM

rev limit is down to valve train Jura and I thought they were identical across the 2.0 sti heads

jura11 12 April 2012 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by trails (Post 10574937)
rev limit is down to valve train Jura and I thought they were identical across the 2.0 sti heads

Aha OK Ian thanks for info:thumb:

Jura

andy00v7 12 April 2012 07:12 PM

My jdm sti v7 revs to 8000 before it hits the redline so i think it must have hotter cams than the uk sti v7 . Not sure if the ports in the heads are the same as the uk sti or not ?

Andy

786omar 12 April 2012 07:19 PM

good result ;)

jura11 12 April 2012 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by andy00v7 (Post 10575167)
My jdm sti v7 revs to 8000 before it hits the redline so i think it must have hotter cams than the uk sti v7 . Not sure if the ports in the heads are the same as the uk sti or not ?

Andy

Our current JDM WRX cams can rev up to 7800RPM,where is rev limiter and i'm sure some JDM can run up to 8250RPM where is limiter.

Plus Jdm heads have high profile cams.UK don't and really not sure if they're big port

We are thinking go with JDM big port AVCS heads and we will see how it perform :thumb:

Jura

Originally Posted by 786omar (Post 10575178)
good result ;)

Thanks Omar

Jura

andy00v7 12 April 2012 10:50 PM

Rev limiter is at 8250 on my jdm sti v7

Andy

jura11 14 April 2012 10:55 PM

OK guys been today at Santa pod(lots of Fords there,Cosworth all sort,some lovely cars) and really strange happens...

Under WOT wagon loosing traction(like on road or drag strip),we are never have such of similar problem,problem is if you are apply full throttle front wheels like have been at air(i've looked today on drag strip and really front wheels just spin like hell),never seen this...

We are tried too on B-road applied full throttle and similar happens,is evidently front end is not stable have been before with old setup(wheel alignment setup i mean),its twitchy and really not sure

And times has been bad as can be,really we are want try LC and ALS there,but there we don't have any traction,we are been on Vreds and we are literately suffered with bad traction(which i never thought so about the AWD/4WD)

Now about the update on heads,we are going with STi V8 AVCS heads and if we wouldn't go with those heads we are thinking get Kelford(maybe BC EJ257 which not sure if they will fit in our heads) AVCS cams with better retainers and springs,all be revealed soon,just depends on more factors and hope so we will break 500bhp on 20% methanol

Jura

Rob Day 14 April 2012 11:47 PM

You will get the Jura I'm sure.

Ref the PM, I'll be in touch next week ;)

Rob