ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   cvc gone?! (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/884119-cvc-gone.html)

redwards 13 April 2011 02:34 PM

cvc gone?!

Passed CVC this morning, not a car there. Looks like they have finally shut.:wonder:

R1CH D 13 April 2011 02:38 PM

What a shame, if they had better customer relations perhaps they'd still be open.

phill_2.8i 15 April 2011 07:39 PM

I know, I had a part ordered to be delivered monday. They said the lorry broke down so to come back tuesday. Went back and they said i wouldn't be getting my part. Wankers. Worst customer services ever.

Where's our nearest dealer now for parts.

You guys couldn't help me could you. I need a bit of metal for the handbrake shoes fixtures its rectangular with pointing ends i snapped mine. Any ideas for somewhere to collect one tomorrow?? I live in Cowbridge...

Ta

The Trooper 1815 15 April 2011 07:43 PM

Keith Price between Abergavenny and Crickhowell.

ozzreid1964 15 April 2011 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by phill_2.8i (Post 9989722)
I know, I had a part ordered to be delivered monday. They said the lorry broke down so to come back tuesday. Went back and they said i wouldn't be getting my part. Wankers. Worst customer services ever.

Where's our nearest dealer now for parts.

You guys couldn't help me could you. I need a bit of metal for the handbrake shoes fixtures its rectangular with pointing ends i snapped mine. Any ideas for somewhere to collect one tomorrow?? I live in Cowbridge...

Ta

try keith price a bit of a treck but worth a go .ask for justin in the parts dept
tel 01873811555 :thumb:

phill_2.8i 15 April 2011 07:54 PM

Cheers ozzreid

GarethE 15 April 2011 09:30 PM

Another thumbs up for Keith Price, as said its a bit of a trek, but a great team all round. I've been a customer of theirs for 13 years or so after CVC basically dissed me when I wanted a test drive in a brand new 98 Impreza Turbo. They couldn't be bothered to even let me see a car. Went straight to KP, John threw me the keys to the demonstrator, 30 minutes later the car was ordered :D

5 new cars later, 3 services per year and a shed load of cash was CVC's loss and KP's gain from me - perhaps thats why they folded (if they have).

Can't speak highly enough of the team at Keith Price.

Gareth

Cannon Fodder 15 April 2011 09:54 PM

I feel sorry for the staff at CVC if they have closed, but it was probably all down to poor customer service and a terrible attitude.

I think it stemmed from the top down, I only ever dealt with them once and let's just say they earned their reputation.

Good luck to the good staff they had like Blockhead who posts on here. :)

I can't fault Keith Price especially Justin in the parts dept, he went out if his way to help me the other day when I needed some o rings for my engine build; in fact he got them out of a mechanics toolbox for me. :notworthy

phill_2.8i 15 April 2011 10:12 PM

Absolutely agree. They had over 20 staff, and I was told it was due to a 'partnership dispute'. You can't label all the staff their a joke... that would be unfair.

Amazing how one company can get it sooo wrong tho. I've not heard a single good story about the place. They curbed my mates alloys about a year ago. We fitted them new the day before, looked stunning. They denied it, saying they didn't even drive it out from the garage. We were parked outside waiting for it to be done and saw a mechanic drive off for 10 minutes in it:wonder:. Its just more annoying that they thought us customers were idiots or something. Esp. as Subaru owners are so enthusiastic about their cars...

Cheers for KP advice. I'll be on the phone at 8:30. Fingers crossed.

GarethE 15 April 2011 10:33 PM

I know some members here had good dealings with CVC, but there seemed to be more negative than positive remarks. Sorry to hear of any company suffering at the moment.

My STi is up at KP's having headgaskets replaced at the moment, and I know its in safe hands with Chris and Peter. Chris spent a good 20 mins talking me through the issues with the engine while it was on the bench, showing me where and why pipes needed replacing and ensuring that I was happy with the work that was to be done.

Gareth

scoobyp1 17 April 2011 07:09 PM

Keith Price's smashed te drivers door of my P1 and then tried to say it was like that when it turned up, turned out to be a mechanic had reversed into it and then tried to forge the paperwork to hide it.... Had murders with them and will never use them again

valley commando 19 April 2011 11:14 PM

do you know someting
i wouldnt even give them the steam on my piss
what a waste of giving someone who has a qualty product
prime location
And they not ever got a set of seat covers OMFGG
WTF were they like
At the time i was led to believe that i was one of pos three peeps who had a Hawkeye spec c ra in the country
So when the gent who was wedged so far up his own ass behind the counter,busy looking at argos website said is that a legacy or a justy!!!!!!!
i just could not contain myself and started laughing:brickwall
As i was walking out,i muttered sometyhing like how the f``` are u lot still trading:wonder:
and low and behold
not been on for an age and needed a rant:Whatever_:luvlove:

what goes around comes around i suppose
doh

Chip 20 April 2011 01:43 PM

I always found them ok, in fact excellent. Bought 3 new Imprezas from them and they always gave me a better deal than I could get elsewhere. Never had any bad service from them at all yet had a very bad experience with KP who I would never go to again.

Sorry to see them go.

Chip

Dan W 29 April 2011 05:03 PM

I took my first Impreza to CVC one saturday when I couldn't reach Andy or Rhys at Ace Motorsports because it had a groaning noise coming from the front suspension. They checked it over immediately while I waited and said the cups needed a bit of grease.

I went back there when the latest STI saloon came out to have a look and they seemed friendly enough. But it was only when I went to Keith Price that I was offered a test drive. (By John Price). Maybe that's because he sold me my first Impreza. He had also sold 3 to my former boss.

I always use Andy and Rhys tho. Keith Price recognise their work and it doesn't affect warranties either. Well it didn't when I had one.

esp ltd 30 April 2011 11:34 AM

I've used KP many times for parts and always found them to give a great service. If you are looking for smaller parts they will post them to you as they've often done for me. It's worth paying a couple of quid P&P to save a load of time & petrol :o)

The Trooper 1815 30 April 2011 11:51 AM

Spoke with one of the ex-mechanics and it was not going to well. One partner decided to leave and the company then ceased trading.

He said he won't go back if or when they should open back up.

IggyRB320 07 May 2011 07:42 PM

The MOT garage (operated/owned by CVC) on Cowbridge Road rang me toady, Paul the same service guy said that the Hadfield Road showroom had closed down.

He apologised for not sending out my MOT reminder and asked if I wanted to book it in!

The Trooper 1815 07 May 2011 08:42 PM

Go and see Dan and Dean in Three Arches instead.

Chip 05 July 2011 09:31 PM

Looks like they are open in Cowbridge Road again anyway

Craigemaim 05 July 2011 10:43 PM

Had a letter off them.
services , MOT's, Parts, etc...are back at cowbridge road.
Garage shut due to executive dispute ( between Jason and Jamie ) resulting in cease of trading
I personally cannot say a bad word against the company as they have always been a pleasure to deal with, but all are entitled to their opinion!!

The Trooper 1815 05 July 2011 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Craigemaim (Post 10121907)
Had a letter off them.
services , MOT's, Parts, etc...are back at cowbridge road.
Garage shut due to executive dispute ( between Jason and Jamie ) resulting in cease of trading
I personally cannot say a bad word against the company as they have always been a pleasure to deal with, but all are entitled to their opinion!!

What about JDM cars? That's the clincher.

redwards 06 July 2011 06:49 AM

Had a letter through as well. I think they are operating in (or next to) Just MOTs, ironic really as that was where the old CVC was before it became a Tesco's.

amego 06 July 2011 01:39 PM

was walking past there yesterday afternoon wagon was in renault trucks was going to have anose in there a blue classic past me sounded lovley

IggyRB320 06 July 2011 09:18 PM

The MOT place to the left of the old CVC showroom, was and is still opereated by CVC.
Paul the service manager answers the phone there!

apac 09 July 2011 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 10027718)
Go and see Dan and Dean in Three Arches instead.

Are they still employed by CVC or have they finally gone on alone?