ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Who sells Hawkeye JDM Stis? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/880965-who-sells-hawkeye-jdm-stis.html)

andythejock01wrx 22 March 2011 10:18 PM

Who sells Hawkeye JDM Stis?

As above really. They seem like hen's teeth!

I know PCM and Litchfield sell them. Anyone else?

UK 2006 Sti's seem to go for £10k to £12k. How much more are JDMs?

I take it they normally have no service history from Japan? What's your Japanese like?

Toffee 22 March 2011 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx (Post 9949503)
As above really. They seem like hen's teeth!

I know PCM and Litchfield sell them. Anyone else?

UK 2006 Sti's seem to go for £10k to £12k. How much more are JDMs?

I take it they normally have no service history from Japan? What's your Japanese like?

Try Jan @ Jperformance, bought my Spec C from him and he's a pretty good guy to deal with :thumb: how much should you pay? to many varaibles to estimate fella, good luck finding one.

Lee.

rickya 22 March 2011 10:55 PM

Min £14k approx

stevie1982 23 March 2011 12:42 AM

Used Jan myself, nice guy to deal with. Also try

David at API
Iain at litchfield imports
Immy at performance car Manchester

Would be my choice

beastgtir 23 March 2011 01:34 AM

why would u want a jdm over a uk?

Suberman 23 March 2011 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by beastgtir (Post 9949821)

Because it's better in more ways than one.

TonyBurns 23 March 2011 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by beastgtir (Post 9949821)

It's a long list to why a jdm is better than a uk :lol1:
Better mechanically, it's a 2ltr twin scroll engine, quick rack steering, auto ic water spray, rear wiper, folding electric mirrors, more power /torque out of the box, more tunable, stronger mechanically as the japs don't skimp out on their domestic models ;) wider tyres out of the factory (235' over the 225's on a uk), nicer to drive etc, the list goes on.

Tony:)

juggers 23 March 2011 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns (Post 9949912)
Better mechanically, it's a 2ltr twin scroll engine, quick rack steering, auto ic water spray, rear wiper, folding electric mirrors, more power /torque out of the box, more tunable, stronger mechanically as the japs don't skimp out on their domestic models ;) wider tyres out of the factory (235' over the 225's on a uk), nicer to drive etc, the list goes on.

Tony you must be sick of repeating yourself by now :D :thumb:

Why dont you find one of your old posts and copy and paste it to a word doc. And if any one asks the same questions just copy and past it to the thread :thumb:

Immy

TonyBurns 23 March 2011 10:35 AM

I think I may have to Immy :lol1: and that's a very nice my11 spec c you have in ;):thumb:

Tony:D

juggers 23 March 2011 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns (Post 9950072)
I think I may have to Immy :lol1: and that's a very nice my11 spec c you have in ;):thumb:

Tony:D

Cheers Tony I will be putting proper pics up today I got 5 people waiting for them so I think it'll be gone by the weekend if not your more than welcome to pop over and have a look.

Terminator X 23 March 2011 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns (Post 9949912)

Have you got that on copy / paste Tony :lol1:

TX.

Edit - juggers beat me to it :o

andythejock01wrx 23 March 2011 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by rickya (Post 9949600)
Min £14k approx

Immy reckons a bit less. ;)

andythejock01wrx 23 March 2011 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by 555EFC (Post 9949560)
Try Jan @ Jperformance, bought my Spec C from him and he's a pretty good guy to deal with :thumb: how much should you pay? to many varaibles to estimate fella, good luck finding one.

Lee.

Link? Found a site for Jperformance, but as far as I could see they only sell parts?

Come to think of it, where do you get parts for a JDM? And which does it share with UK models?

cheers for all the comments btw!

AndytJ

Toffee 23 March 2011 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx (Post 9951045)
Link? Found a site for Jperformance, but as far as I could see they only sell parts?

Come to think of it, where do you get parts for a JDM? And which does it share with UK models?

cheers for all the comments btw!

AndytJ

I have just been on to Piston Heads and searched Subaru STI and found an Ad placed by JPerformance > 07815093966 / 07811162394 contact numbers for Jan and his lad who helps him :thumb:

Parts are easy, there is a whole after market scene to help with this > suppliers are everywhere so this is not a concern. Tony's short list of why to buy JDM is only brief, those who know buy Jap :thumb: ;)

daz1968 23 March 2011 10:57 PM

Just be prepared to wait for a car to come up, I wanted a my05 jdm in wr blue and near standard, took about 6 months to find one but am glad I waited as nearly bought a uk car only a few weeks before I found the one I have now. General service parts are the same as uk, only thing my car had missing was the hid lights so I again waited for a pair to come up for sale. I think hawks are a bit rarer than mine so unless lucky could take a similar time to find one

andythejock01wrx 23 March 2011 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by daz1968 (Post 9951290)
Just be prepared to wait for a car to come up, I wanted a my05 jdm in wr blue and near standard, took about 6 months to find one but am glad I waited as nearly bought a uk car only a few weeks before I found the one I have now. General service parts are the same as uk, only thing my car had missing was the hid lights so I again waited for a pair to come up for sale. I think hawks are a bit rarer than mine so unless lucky could take a similar time to find one

Might be able to do that - I can run around in my gently modded 2001 WRX meantime.

I'm fussy too - needs to be black! :D

If you stick a Milltek on both and remap them, will an 06 JDM be as quick in a straight line as a 06 UK STi (the UK seems to have more torque), ie 350/350 v 350/390?

Toffee 24 March 2011 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx (Post 9951445)
Might be able to do that - I can run around in my gently modded 2001 WRX meantime.

I'm fussy too - needs to be black! :D

If you stick a Milltek on both and remap them, will an 06 JDM be as quick in a straight line as a 06 UK STi (the UK seems to have more torque), ie 350/350 v 350/390?

There is a black Hawkeye Spec C Type 20 on here for sale > hows that for luck.

Robocop 24 March 2011 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by 555EFC (Post 9951471)
There is a black Hawkeye Spec C Type 20 on here for sale > hows that for luck.

Where's that then, I can't see one?

TonyBurns 24 March 2011 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx (Post 9951445)

Dunno whos tuning that JDM, most well tuned ones push over 360bhp/390lbs torque with the addition of being more responsive than the 2.5's ;)

kennyc 24 March 2011 09:55 AM

This is what you want: https://www.scoobynet.com/811444-haw...n-black-3.html :)

Shaun 24 March 2011 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns (Post 9951512)
Dunno whos tuning that JDM, most well tuned ones push over 360bhp/390lbs torque with the addition of being more responsive than the 2.5's ;)

Roflol - who's rollers are you using for that torque figure on an OE engine and turbo!

rickya 24 March 2011 12:28 PM

Obviously each dyno is different, but at DSA my Spec C made over 400ft/lbs of torque on std engine with uprated acutuator running at 1.7 bar peak boost

https://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...Arolling11.jpg

andythejock01wrx 24 March 2011 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by kennyc (Post 9951724)

That really is a beautiful car and to be honest I'm interested.

The only things that put me off are:

- It's a wee bit more than I planned to spend (since I'd be happy with a std STi).
- It's a private sale.

Would it have air conditioning btw?

Andy

Robocop 24 March 2011 01:06 PM

It will def have air con fitted as standard.

I didn't realise this car was still for sale. I thought it would be long gone by now.

rickya 24 March 2011 01:20 PM

Callum's car is a good'un from what Iv heard & to be honest £15k is a good price for such a car.

andythejock01wrx 24 March 2011 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by rickya (Post 9951989)
Callum's car is a good'un from what Iv heard & to be honest £15k is a good price for such a car.

Didn't you have a Type 20 too Ricky? What's it like compared to a remapped JDM Sti?

rickya 24 March 2011 01:56 PM

I had a Hawkeye Spec C, with similar mods as Type 20 (345bhp/400ft/lbs with Whiteline suspension bits & BC Coilovers) & now a JDM Ver9 Blob STI. The Ver9 Sti has not yet been mapped, (currently upgrading suspension, brakes, exhaust, service, & other mods first) so can't yet give a proper comparison. But IMO there's not going to much in it really & whatever difference there is would only be felt on track & thats only really to do with the 70kg extra weight it carries.

But when buying a Hawkeye, the price difference between a JDM STi & a Spec C is only approx £1k to £2k, I would take a Spec C every time. Not that it is better than a JDM Sti, but just for the kudos, ltd edition status, etc of the Spec C, as well as the fact that it will retain its value in the future slightly better than a JDM Sti.

But if the choice is between a JDM Hawkeye Sti/Spec C or a JDM Ver9 Blob Sti/Spec C (MY05 widetrack), then price is a major issue to be considered.

Shaun 24 March 2011 02:59 PM

No way would you get 400lbft on that spec. For whatever reason that run grossly exaggerated the torque. Just to put this in to perspective, John Felstead achieved just under 400lbft on a 2.1ltr engine, high compression and race fuel. Go and figure chaps. ;)

rickya 24 March 2011 03:25 PM

The car on the rollers just before mine was "madisonmonkey"'s Litchfield Blob Spec C with Miltek system & remap & he made 360ft/'lbs torque. (I'v got the video in my Pc somewhere). So the rollers seemed to read ok IMO, maybe a tad over as madisonmonkeys torque figure seems fairly accurate. I will add however that the peak torque figure that mine reached of 400ft/lbs was only for a very short peak at 1.7 bar, it also subsequently killed my clutch.!! lol

Also below is RC Whites' figures with similar mods on his Hawkeye Spec C, but from Delta dash (so not really very comparbale to my rolling road graph) on a Bob Rawle map IIRC
https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e...og/remap-2.jpg

But for comparison & to state the other argument, several months earlier on Powerstation's Dyno mine spent a couple of hours in the dyno cell while being mapped (also getting quite hot) & made about 6 bhp less and 35ft/lbs of torque less.

So what conclusions you can draw from all that, I dont know!! lol
:D

Shaun 24 March 2011 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by rickya (Post 9952165)
The car on the rollers just before mine was "madisonmonkey"'s Litchfield Blob Spec C with Miltek system & remap & he made 360ft/'lbs torque. (I'v got the video in my Pc somewhere). So the rollers seemed to read ok IMO, maybe a tad over as madisonmonkeys torque figure seems fairly accurate. I will add however that the peak torque figure that mine reached of 400ft/lbs was only for a very short peak at 1.7 bar, it also subsequently killed my clutch.!! lol

Also below is RC Whites' figures with similar mods on his Hawkeye Spec C, but from Delta dash (so not really very comparbale to my rolling road graph) on a Bob Rawle map IIRC
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...og/remap-2.jpg

But for comparison & to state the other argument, several months earlier on Powerstation's Dyno mine spent a couple of hours in the dyno cell while being mapped (also getting quite hot) & made about 6 bhp less and 35ft/lbs of torque less.

So what conclusions you can draw from all that, I dont know!! lol :D

No one likes realistic figures though and those given at PowerStation certainly are realistic imo. ;) :D

I must take mine to somewhere else to get some "free" torque. :)

If I had known all this before I wouldn't of bothered upgrading to a LM400. ;)