ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Paypal rant , any ideas? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/872660-paypal-rant-any-ideas.html)

CDF Racing 10 February 2011 08:43 PM

Paypal rant , any ideas?

Basically lost £185 and and ford focus parts.

We sold some focus rs pulleys to a guy in France on ebay in November, I told him the guys we were making them and they will be sending them out when I was on holiday , which they did.

When I returned the guy had put a paypal claim in :razz:

So checking the tracking it appears he was not home and they went to the post office in france.

So I put the tracking details into the paypal claim .

after a few weeks I was shocked to see that the paypal claim went in his favour even though the tracking showed he had now collected it from the office and the money was taken from my account .

when I phoned paypal, they told me they could not see a signature, if I can provide it they can re open the case

so after some digging I found a signature and they re opened it for me.

Now , the appeal has been done in my favour but they are now telling me I have to speak to the customer and get him to refund it.....yeah right!

Now how can they take money from my account, but cant do it to his ....

any ideas for what to do next or am I screwed:(

my94wrx 10 February 2011 08:48 PM

send him something nasty in a box.

Dougmy06wrx 10 February 2011 09:01 PM

Yeah paypal is ****e like that. Done that with my mrs to someone in portugal who said he never received it. Total crap.

Hope you get it sorted.

Doug

acstua 10 February 2011 09:08 PM

aye same thing happened to me :/
bloke claimed the console game he'd won hadnt turned up
stuck a claim in

i showed paypal proof of postage, which is all it stated i needed on the paypal site
they still took the money out of my account and gave it back to him...
theiving little scrote...

you'd hope the french bloke would have some scruples and give u the money back
but in this day and age :|

bugeyejohn 10 February 2011 09:09 PM

Surely its paypals problem now,they cant take money if theres none in his account,so i would have thought its now up to them to pay you as they have failed to protect you the seller

CDF Racing 10 February 2011 09:13 PM

Paypal seems to be favouring the consumer quite a bit!

This is the twonk,, quick google brought up his facebook

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r..._6728100_n.jpg

BBB3 10 February 2011 09:17 PM

I brought a apexi power fc for £440 deliverd, paypal sent him £880 from my account to him but luckly he sent half back and then paypal froze my account saying it was fraud ?

then i had to wait for 90 days to get my £440 of my own money back.

EH52WRX 10 February 2011 09:21 PM

OMG, Twonk your spot on there. Can you not raise a small claims action against Paypal. Its about time they were give the same status as your high street bank, then they have to adhere to the FSA rules.

bugeyejohn 10 February 2011 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by CDF Racing (Post 9874134)
Paypal seems to be favouring the consumer quite a bit!

This is the twonk,, quick google brought up his facebook

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r..._6728100_n.jpg

No wonder hes got a smug look,its the kinda face you want to cave in

leecalcars 10 February 2011 09:37 PM

i'l never send anything abroad ever again after the last hassle with a guy in sweden ,aparently he said that i had misold him 4 18" rota's with 2 different types of tyre as in sweden they all have to be the same brand took me a month to get the money as with this new buyer protection even though he recieved everything ok unless positive feedback is left no funds will be released into your account ...never again!

pimmo2000 10 February 2011 09:37 PM

Ah good old Aurelien ..

P1#1015 10 February 2011 09:50 PM

Don't know about twonk. Twink on the other hand....

Turbo Tez 10 February 2011 10:11 PM

Ey up, not got any helpfull advice but would like to join the rant. PAYPAL is a total joke. Basically you are giving thieving scroatbags access to your bank account, they say "no goods recieved" and thats it, your fooked. And to top it off if the buyer doesnt shaft you paypal have your pants down anyway with their extortionate fees.

stevie1982 10 February 2011 10:19 PM

Report it to watchdog about time the skanking twats at paypal got shown up for things like this. There must be thousands of people who get screwed and it's meant to be a safe way to send and receive money. What gets me is how they can just take your money without notice, hate using them and with a 4% fee to, it's a rip off

SRSport 10 February 2011 10:29 PM

Its called paypal and not recipientpal for a reason.

jura11 10 February 2011 10:43 PM

How to say Paypal is bad joke...
Everything is OK if you are buyer,because you are protected as buyer and you can claim up to 45 days,but if you are seller,you are not protected against nothing,because everyone case is still in favor of buyer/sometimes in favor seller,but you must have proof what you are sent etc.
If its possible,i don't want use PP due fees or other practice which use PP from last time..
I'm now switching to Google Checkout which is still on beginning of acceptance,but i'm impressed with this...

Jura

bugeyejohn 10 February 2011 10:50 PM

I think paypal are based in Luxenbourg so they dont fall within uk laws so you cant even take them to court,I had to sell about 20 items on ebay before they would release my money before feedback was left,your only hope is they value your business enough to stump up the cash for you

Jamo 11 February 2011 08:04 AM

give us the cheese eating surrender monkey's details and we can all give him some grief :D

fastmike 11 February 2011 12:47 PM

Frogs legs in brine anyone?

CDF Racing 11 February 2011 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 9874218)
Ah good old Aurelien ..

:confused: i Didn't say his name :confused:

Littleted 11 February 2011 04:02 PM

small claims i think is only way, if you can prove hes signed for it and have the record of him paying you then retracting i cant see why payPal wont help you.

unless hes stateing you sent him a banana skin over the items,

Which has known to be done.

Id never deal with a french **** anyway, never liked the twonks sonce they blocked our fishermen and farmers, just a blip on the glode france :)