ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Modding and Remap done - Thanks to JAutos and Racedynamix!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/871533-modding-and-remap-done-thanks-to-jautos-and-racedynamix.html)

Gary WRX 04 February 2011 01:07 PM

Modding and Remap done - Thanks to JAutos and Racedynamix!!

Hi all

just wanted to say a big thanks to Jamie at JAutos and Duncan at Racedynamix who completely transformed my 03 WRX on Wednesday.

Jamie at JAutos was extremely helpful beforehand advising on a number of different modding options taking my budget and requirements into account. Once we had talked these through and I made my decision he then sourced and fitted all parts for me which included an uprated fuel pump & panel filter, 3 port boost solenoid and a cobra second decat pipe/cat back system. The service from JAutos was great with Jamie demonstrating all the work he was doing and taking me through the parts/procedure etc which was extremely useful for me being someone with little modding experience so the time taken to do this was greatly appreciated. I actually sat and watched all the work being done which was interesting and beneficial.
Once the work was finished Duncan arrived to map the car and what can I say that has not already been said before. Great service from a very knowledgeable guy and trying to find some clear carriageway to carry out the mapping during rush hour was ..erm…fun we also tested the brakes a couple of times!
Just hearing the growl from the Cobra exhaust makes me smile before I even drive the car which now has a totally different feel. Its much quicker with significantly more torque in every gear and the boost seems to hold for much longer during acceleration which is making it great to drive! I guess the only thing I need to get used to is the ticking of the solenoid.

So thanks again JAutos and Racedynamix I would highly recommend both due to great service from 2 very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable guys. It was certainly beneficial to have the fitting and mapping done on the same day.
Right, I'm off for a drive...

dynamix 04 February 2011 01:21 PM

My pleasure Gary. Certainly a good transformation :)

Myles 04 February 2011 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Gary WRX (Post 9860995)
Hi all

just wanted to say a big thanks to Jamie at JAutos and Duncan at Racedynamix who completely transformed my 03 WRX on Wednesday.

Jamie at JAutos was extremely helpful beforehand advising on a number of different modding options taking my budget and requirements into account. Once we had talked these through and I made my decision he then sourced and fitted all parts for me which included an uprated fuel pump & panel filter, 3 port boost solenoid and a cobra second decat pipe/cat back system. The service from JAutos was great with Jamie demonstrating all the work he was doing and taking me through the parts/procedure etc which was extremely useful for me being someone with little modding experience so the time taken to do this was greatly appreciated. I actually sat and watched all the work being done which was interesting and beneficial.
Once the work was finished Duncan arrived to map the car and what can I say that has not already been said before. Great service from a very knowledgeable guy and trying to find some clear carriageway to carry out the mapping during rush hour was ..erm…fun we also tested the brakes a couple of times!
Just hearing the growl from the Cobra exhaust makes me smile before I even drive the car which now has a totally different feel. Its much quicker with significantly more torque in every gear and the boost seems to hold for much longer during acceleration which is making it great to drive! I guess the only thing I need to get used to is the ticking of the solenoid.

So thanks again JAutos and Racedynamix I would highly recommend both due to great service from 2 very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable guys. It was certainly beneficial to have the fitting and mapping done on the same day.
Right, I'm off for a drive...

Good news mate, Dunc is doing mine on the 12th, very excited!

grahamc 04 February 2011 01:37 PM

He's a busy guy.... Mine on the 17th :D

leecalcars 04 February 2011 02:17 PM

tweek for me soon when i find a turbo at the right price !

never heard a bad word said yet, glad your happy mate i was !

Chris@A-Plan 04 February 2011 04:35 PM

Glad it's all sorted Gary, enjoy the transformation!

Chris

Gary WRX 04 February 2011 06:35 PM

Cheers Chris & thanks for sorting the insurance for me :-)

-shane- 04 February 2011 06:38 PM

As everyone is getting there dates in he is doing mine on the 18th

Dougmy06wrx 04 February 2011 07:02 PM

Doing mine on the 6th!! Not long now.

Doug