ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Help windows live mail set up ?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/868536-help-windows-live-mail-set-up.html)

jono300 16 January 2011 08:48 PM

Help windows live mail set up ??

Help !!! trying to set up my email within windows live mail on windows 7, to be honest its the first time using windows 7 and a few things are somewhat different to what I am used to on my other windows xp machine !!

okay went into windows live mail and created account, have a btinternet account and so put my btinternet email addreess along with password within the relevant boxes, was somewhat surprised that there appears to be no other configuring off the mail as with outlook express ??

sent a few test messages but unfortunatly they just appear to be sitting in my outbox, if I go to close the email programme I get reminded there are unsent messages and would I like to send them ?? press yes and get an error message saying " does not support an SSL connection "

how would I delete the unsent messages so this error message does not keep showing up ??

help what am I doing wrong ? ?

jono300 16 January 2011 09:17 PM

Okay guys signed up for a new windows email address so now I have the email programme configured to read email from this new hotmail account and also my old btinternet account.

obviously I can switch between the two accounts from within the programme, still a bit confused if I can send email from my btinternet account from within this same programme for example if I go to my btinternet account from within if I press on new message it appears as if it will come up as originating from my hotmail address - does it ??

jura11 16 January 2011 09:20 PM

Hi there download Mozilla Thunderbird and life will be easier,there you can have unlimited accounts.

Jura

jono300 16 January 2011 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by jura11 (Post 9825530)
Hi there download Mozilla Thunderbird and life will be easier,there you can have unlimited accounts.

Jura

Okay thanks but now you have really confused the confused !!!!

okay this Mozilla Thunderbird is this used in conjunction with Firefox or can it be used with windows 7 ?? and it can be set up to send / receive multiple email account ie. my btinternet / hotmail - yep ??

to be honest I like the winows live but going back to my original question any idea if I can send my btinternet email thru it instead off just receiving thru it ???

jura11 16 January 2011 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by jono300 (Post 9825835)
Okay thanks but now you have really confused the confused !!!!

okay this Mozilla Thunderbird is this used in conjunction with Firefox or can it be used with windows 7 ?? and it can be set up to send / receive multiple email account ie. my btinternet / hotmail - yep ??

to be honest I like the winows live but going back to my original question any idea if I can send my btinternet email thru it instead off just receiving thru it ???

No this Mozilla Thunderbird is email client like MS Outlook(and you don't need Firefox if you don't like) and work without problem on XP,W7.Yes you can send and receive emails with Thunderbird.
And about Windows Live,never use before and i use only Thunderbird and MS Outlook for now.

Jura

jono300 16 January 2011 11:11 PM

Perfect thanks for that will check it out.