Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Help windows live mail set up ??

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2011, 08:48 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help windows live mail set up ??

Help !!! trying to set up my email within windows live mail on windows 7, to be honest its the first time using windows 7 and a few things are somewhat different to what I am used to on my other windows xp machine !!

okay went into windows live mail and created account, have a btinternet account and so put my btinternet email addreess along with password within the relevant boxes, was somewhat surprised that there appears to be no other configuring off the mail as with outlook express ??

sent a few test messages but unfortunatly they just appear to be sitting in my outbox, if I go to close the email programme I get reminded there are unsent messages and would I like to send them ?? press yes and get an error message saying " does not support an SSL connection "

how would I delete the unsent messages so this error message does not keep showing up ??

help what am I doing wrong ? ?
Old 16 January 2011, 09:17 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay guys signed up for a new windows email address so now I have the email programme configured to read email from this new hotmail account and also my old btinternet account.

obviously I can switch between the two accounts from within the programme, still a bit confused if I can send email from my btinternet account from within this same programme for example if I go to my btinternet account from within if I press on new message it appears as if it will come up as originating from my hotmail address - does it ??
Old 16 January 2011, 09:20 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there download Mozilla Thunderbird and life will be easier,there you can have unlimited accounts.

Jura
Old 16 January 2011, 10:59 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jura11
Hi there download Mozilla Thunderbird and life will be easier,there you can have unlimited accounts.

Jura
Okay thanks but now you have really confused the confused !!!!

okay this Mozilla Thunderbird is this used in conjunction with Firefox or can it be used with windows 7 ?? and it can be set up to send / receive multiple email account ie. my btinternet / hotmail - yep ??

to be honest I like the winows live but going back to my original question any idea if I can send my btinternet email thru it instead off just receiving thru it ???
Old 16 January 2011, 11:08 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jono300
Okay thanks but now you have really confused the confused !!!!

okay this Mozilla Thunderbird is this used in conjunction with Firefox or can it be used with windows 7 ?? and it can be set up to send / receive multiple email account ie. my btinternet / hotmail - yep ??

to be honest I like the winows live but going back to my original question any idea if I can send my btinternet email thru it instead off just receiving thru it ???
No this Mozilla Thunderbird is email client like MS Outlook(and you don't need Firefox if you don't like) and work without problem on XP,W7.Yes you can send and receive emails with Thunderbird.
And about Windows Live,never use before and i use only Thunderbird and MS Outlook for now.

Jura
Old 16 January 2011, 11:11 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Perfect thanks for that will check it out.