ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   White Leather Sofa Cleaner (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/862307-white-leather-sofa-cleaner.html)

vallumlj 01 December 2010 08:16 PM

White Leather Sofa Cleaner

My white sofa has started going cream can some one recommend me something to bring it back to white.

What would I do with out scoobynet

mgcvk 01 December 2010 09:24 PM

Are you Bobby Davro or a Premiership football player? Surely nobody else would have white leather sofas?

vince-sti02 01 December 2010 09:35 PM

try any cleanser type of baby wipe trust me i know it sounds stupid but it could work for you, we always used Johnson's baby wipes.
just ensure you condition after complete cleaning

Jamie 01 December 2010 09:53 PM

Cream:)

Top sofa and club:D

Leslie 02 December 2010 10:48 AM

I would have thought that cream would be a good colour anyway.

Les

ALi-B 02 December 2010 11:52 AM

Have I just stepped back into 1985, or are you really Don Johnson in disguise? :D

I've got some autoglym leather cleaner in the garage......spray it on, use a mildly stiff brush to scrub rapidly to aggitate the cleaner into a foam (I use a nylon pot scrubber). Wash cleaner off with a clean wet cloth (wringing out and rinsing regularly), then dry with a synthetic chamois.

I've done some pretty minging leather interiors with it so I doubt a sofa is any different.

Just re-seal the leather with a cream conditioner afterwards to stop it drying out (or hide food or whatever fancy name they call it). You may need two or three aplications to make it nice a supple again.

davefaedeen 02 December 2010 12:17 PM

Autoglym leather clearer works a treat!!!

classic Subaru Si 02 December 2010 12:33 PM

Haha, he's not the only one - I've got a white leather corner jobbie too, which has also gone cream! Not bothered to be honest, it looks alright in cream!

StickyMicky 02 December 2010 12:39 PM

Never been convinced on these hocus pocus conditioner cream products.

The part you see is a painted finish anyway!?!

Paint conditioner :cuckoo:

Leslie 02 December 2010 12:42 PM

Just needs a respray then!

Les ;)

ALi-B 02 December 2010 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky (Post 9744828)
Never been convinced on these hocus pocus conditioner cream products.

The part you see is a painted finish anyway!?!

Paint conditioner :cuckoo:

Yup, its just painted leather (I've actually repainted scuffed leather car seats that have worn through to the base leather with succesful results).

If its cracked, scuffed or pealing, no amount of "hide food" (LMAO ;) ) will do any difference.

BUT It does appear to make the leather a bit more supple and not so dry, and what repairs I have done do seem to last longer. Maybe because it keeps the paint flexible so it can stretch with the leather, or it could be it just acts as a lubricant to stop fat arses from wearing them out too much.

I use Gliptone leather conditioner, mainly because of the smell (and I found the Autoglym conditioner a bit naff anyway), but wear nitrile gloves though, otherwise you'll be sniffing your fingers for several days afterwards :D .

paulg1979 02 December 2010 01:42 PM

Flash with bleach works a treat followed by gliptone conditioner.

dpb 02 December 2010 02:12 PM

clit bang ?

StickyMicky 02 December 2010 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 9744883)
Yup, its just painted leather (I've actually repainted scuffed leather car seats that have worn through to the base leather with succesful results).

If its cracked, scuffed or pealing, no amount of "hide food" (LMAO ;) ) will do any difference.

Do you mean like this??

https://www.scoobynet.com/car-care-3...our-guide.html

:thumb:

ALi-B 02 December 2010 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky (Post 9745474)

:eek: Yup, but I've only confined it to car seats. (alot less paint) :D

Need to do the Jag one day to match the new fronts seats. I wouldn't say its the most enjoyable of jobs ;)

Ecommmark 13 September 2012 01:33 PM

Leather Sofa

Choose for different designs and colors leather sofas to fit your décor and the needs of your family.Some of the popular sofa styles include the 3-seater and the 2-seater, recliner sofas, corner sofas and suites.

P1Fanatic 13 September 2012 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ecommmark (Post 10787983)
Choose for different designs and colors leather sofas to fit your décor and the needs of your family.Some of the popular sofa styles include the 3-seater and the 2-seater, recliner sofas, corner sofas and suites.

Erm I will be sure to check it out....:cuckoo: