ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   remapping (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/854954-remapping.html)

cheggers 11 October 2010 01:08 PM

remapping

hi guys am new to this site had my bugeye scobby about a year was thinking of a few more horses and wondering wheres the best place in south wales to get it done cheers

ozzreid1964 11 October 2010 01:16 PM

a trip up to swindon to see bob rawle i would say a lot of the local guys go to him:notworthy including myself:thumb:

mervil 11 October 2010 01:17 PM

Welcome to the site buddy :)

To be honest you're probably better off travelling to get your Scoob remapped, Bob Rawle is based in Swindon, and Simon Roe, aka Jolly Green Monster is mobile and can come to you or you can go to Surrey Rolling Road! Both are very highly respected and will transform your car :thumb:

A bit further afield but again totally worth it, Engine Tuner in Plymouth have a fantastic workshop and have done a lot of work to my Scoob :thumb: give Alan or Martyn a ring on 01752 345880 :)

wrx287 11 October 2010 01:30 PM

Welcome along mate:thumb:

Cannon Fodder 11 October 2010 01:54 PM

Welcome to the forum. :thumb:

From personal experience I would recommend Bob Rawle, he is based in Swindon but does also offer a mobile service. I had my third mapping session (on three different Impreza's) with Bob on Friday where he worked his magic on my car. :notworthy

I ran a very successful group buy with Bob where 25+ cars were remapped and everyone came away with a big smile. :cool:

Post up your current specifications plus what you want to avhieve and I'm sure that we can advise you on what you can expect and what is required. :)

The Trooper 1815 11 October 2010 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by cheggers (Post 9648018)
hi guys am new to this site had my bugeye scobby about a year was thinking of a few more horses and wondering wheres the best place in south wales to get it done cheers

Cheggers,

A few things to consider as well to make it easier to get the donkeys you need.

1. Get rid of the down pipe cat and resonator on a Bugeye.
2. A better fuel pump to handle the required fuel increase. Walbro is recommended or get a JDM STi pump as people get rid of them.
3 A freer flow exhaust pipe.
4. Uprated panel filter. K and N or Green Cotton always get good write ups.

I did this to my old Bugeye Wagon and got 265bhp and about the same torque after the map. All in all it cost less than £800.

Remember that after this you'll need to uprate the braking system, better brake pads, discs and 5.1 fluid will normally do the trick.

How is your suspension?

The Trooper 1815 11 October 2010 02:17 PM

PS Bob Rawle and JGM :thumb:

PPS Welcome to the money pit of Impreza ownership :thumb:

MalcB 11 October 2010 03:07 PM

I will endorse EngineTuner. Had my "long in the tooth" Bugeye remapped (ECUTEK) by Martyn. Achieved 260 BHP with only "Green" panel filter, Last cat removed and Magnex back box. All eBay bits costing less than £100 all together. However, the bug has bitten and I've now had the engine rebuilt to a 2.1 Stroker with SC36 turbo etc etc etc £££££££££££££:lol1:

cheggers 12 October 2010 12:18 PM

thanks guys will take it all on board and get the credit card out its off up to godspeed for new discs and pads today lol

cheggers 12 October 2010 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon (Post 9648113)
Cheggers,

A few things to consider as well to make it easier to get the donkeys you need.

1. Get rid of the down pipe cat and resonator on a Bugeye.
2. A better fuel pump to handle the required fuel increase. Walbro is recommended or get a JDM STi pump as people get rid of them.
3 A freer flow exhaust pipe.
4. Uprated panel filter. K and N or Green Cotton always get good write ups.

I did this to my old Bugeye Wagon and got 265bhp and about the same torque after the map. All in all it cost less than £800.

Remember that after this you'll need to uprate the braking system, better brake pads, discs and 5.1 fluid will normally do the trick.

How is your suspension?

good last i looked lol think it might need upgrading as its all standed on the car me thinks

The Trooper 1815 12 October 2010 02:01 PM

Cheggers, where you based? We have a meet every month at the Carvery on J30 M4.

KJDMk1 (Kev) will post up the date of the next one soon.

Come along and be well and truly bamboozled.

cheggers 13 October 2010 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon (Post 9650053)
Cheggers, where you based? We have a meet every month at the Carvery on J30 M4.

KJDMk1 (Kev) will post up the date of the next one soon.

Come along and be well and truly bamboozled.

porthcawl m8 so not far lol

The Trooper 1815 13 October 2010 08:18 AM

There's normally a small convoy that comes up from Pencoed/Bridgend anyway. Tag along :thumb:

DannyBoy007 13 October 2010 10:29 AM

Pop along to a meet and have a chat, we've all been there and spent a fortune.

We'll be able to steer you in the right direction and spend your money.

Plenty of 2 hand bargins if you know where to look.

If you want to go faster, suspension and brakes is the first place to look at

cheggers 14 October 2010 09:21 AM

ok guys as soon as the next meet date is out i will come along thanks