ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Information on S202 & Spec C (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/854718-information-on-s202-and-spec-c.html)

KAS35RSTI 09 October 2010 06:52 PM

Information on S202 & Spec C

Just wanted to know if there any decent guides which show the full specs of the above, such as weight, power etc & the code that identifies them.

Thanks

Terminator X 09 October 2010 07:53 PM

S202 is a stunning car:

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evoc...u_impreza.html

Cannon Fodder posts on here & had one.

TX.

Edit - which Spec C though as there were many of them over the years with the spec changing all the time. Older ones are more hardcore than newer though ...

scoobymoz 09 October 2010 07:57 PM

The S202 it was based on a wrx sti type ra spec-c s202 made its debut on 7 may with sales starting from 3 june 2002 it has a highly tuned engine and a modified ecu, silicone intake ducting, a special titanium exhaust system 5kg less an aluminium oil cooler mounted behind the front number plate. and came with pillow ball suspension links at the rear 17" rays 10 spoke alloys projector headlights carbon rear spoiler black seats special door trims and center console blue guages and a numbered plaque limited to 400 in yellow white blue or black

Cannon Fodder 09 October 2010 08:16 PM

Did someone call? :D

Without a doubt and in my humble opinion the S202 is the best and most hardcore newage bar none (perhaps bar the Spec C RA-r it was based upon), the acceleration even in standard form is brutal. The handling is superb and the car just grips and I only ever found it's limit in the wet when coming off the throttle and then mashing it to the floor; you could easily drift the car using this technique and could be easily corrected by coming off the throttle. ;)

I had what was believed to be the only black S202 (242/400) in the UK, I loved that car and tbh if I could have afforded to have kept the S202 and bought the Spec C I would have been very happy. :(

The call of the twinscroll was too strong but if I had the chance to have another S202 in the same condition as my old one then I would jump at it. ;)

My S202 unfortunately is no longer with us as the new owner wrote it off after 2 weeks. :cry:

Terminator X 09 October 2010 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 9645132)
My S202 unfortunately is no longer with us ad the new owner wrote it off after 2 weeks. :cry:

What a shame :(

TX.

KAS35RSTI 09 October 2010 09:07 PM

Thanks for the replies.

Quite abit there that i didnt know! Is the S202 twinscroll? Also im under the impression that they weigh 1300kg & 2002 models have electrics? I searched online but could not find any useful links. Any ideas on what turbo they use & how much power output they make at x Rpm?

Suberman 09 October 2010 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Aladdin (Post 9645240)
Thanks for the replies.

Quite abit there that i didnt know! Is the S202 twinscroll? Also im under the impression that they weigh 1300kg & 2002 models have electrics? I searched online but could not find any useful links. Any ideas on what turbo they use & how much power output they make at x Rpm?

They are singlescroll. On paper they weigh 1330kg. Electrics? Don't think so, like Cannon Fodder said, it is probably the most hardcore newage STI bar the RA-R. It's mostly mechanical, it doesn't come with DCCD. Hell, it doesn't even come with airbags!:eek:

It makes 320ps @ 6400rpm on paper.

Heres the japanese link from STI japan. http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/s202/top.html

Suberman 09 October 2010 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 9645132)
My S202 unfortunately is no longer with us as the new owner wrote it off after 2 weeks. :cry:

What happened??:eek:

Cannon Fodder 09 October 2010 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Suberman (Post 9645380)
They are singlescroll. On paper they weigh 1330kg. Electrics? Don't think so, like Cannon Fodder said, it is probably the most hardcore newage STI bar the RA-R. It's mostly mechanical, it doesn't come with DCCD. Hell, it doesn't even come with airbags!:eek:

It makes 320ps @ 6400rpm on paper.

Heres the japanese link from STI japan. http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/s202/top.html

They do come with electric windows and air conditioning but as said no air bags but it has the best seats in the Impreza range (S203/204 seats only fit a Japanese / 12 year old girls frame). :lol1:

No radio but does come prepared with the wiring and crappy door speakers, no sound proofing at all but it brought a smile to my face on every occasion and always attracted a good crowd at shows. :cool:

Originally Posted by Suberman (Post 9645385)
What happened??:eek:

To be honest I'm beginning to wish that I'd never sold it the more that I think about it. :(

Cannon Fodder 09 October 2010 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Aladdin (Post 9645240)
Thanks for the replies.

The S202 has a VF34 fitted as standard, they are I believe rated at 320bhp as per factory and with a remap plus panel filter change can easily achieve 350bhp, in a newage which doesn't really weigh much more than a classic. :)

If you are thinking about getting one then make sure it still has the standard wheels (around £3500 for a new set) and exhaust system (the titanium silencer is over £1500 for a replacement). :eek:

A real 'classic' newage. :cool:

KAS35RSTI 09 October 2010 11:56 PM

Think that all sums it up for me. Many thanks for the help.

The one im after is fairly stock but has compromotive wheels instead. Would have prefered it totally stock but never the less its something i want. One thing that has kind of got my attention is the 'no sound deadining' how bad isit from inside the car? Im not to fussed about the cd player as i prefer to listen to the flat 4 :-)

Cannon Fodder 10 October 2010 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Aladdin (Post 9645635)
Think that all sums it up for me. Many thanks for the help.

The one im after is fairly stock but has compromotive wheels instead. Would have prefered it totally stock but never the less its something i want. One thing that has kind of got my attention is the 'no sound deadining' how bad isit from inside the car? Im not to fussed about the cd player as i prefer to listen to the flat 4 :-)

You get used to the lack of sound deadening, if you have a loud exhaust it might be annoying but I found it ok. Is it or has been on eBay?

Suberman 10 October 2010 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 9645549)
They do come with electric windows and air conditioning but as said no air bags but it has the best seats in the Impreza range (S203/204 seats only fit a Japanese / 12 year old girls frame). :lol1:

No radio but does come prepared with the wiring and crappy door speakers, no sound proofing at all but it brought a smile to my face on every occasion and always attracted a good crowd at shows. :cool:

He lost it at '30' mph, I think his driving ability did not match his driving ambition. ;)

To be honest I'm beginning to wish that I'd never sold it the more that I think about it. :(

I mean it doesn't come with electrics like DCCD. The bugs do come with the best non recaro seats. And the black trim makes it look even more gorgeous!

It's sad to hear the demise of such cars in the hands of over ambitious drivers. :(

Cannon Fodder 10 October 2010 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Suberman (Post 9645737)
I mean it doesn't come with electrics like DCCD. The bugs do come with the best non recaro seats. And the black trim makes it look even more gorgeous!

It's sad to hear the demise of such cars in the hands of over ambitious drivers. :(

Sorry I misunderstood you when you said electrics, I think that the seats in the S202 are in many ways better than the S203/S204 seats in the respect of the comfort and 'grip'. I could not fit into either the S203 or S204 seats due to the fact that you have to be quite 'slim' in order to fit into them. :lol1:

The seats are far superior to the standard newage STi seats as they are more moulded into the shoulder area and really help hold you into the seat. If I could find a set at a reasonable price I would throw the STi seats in the bin and fit the S202 seats. :)

A link to the car just after I bought it

https://www.scoobynet.com/album.php?albumid=3393

After that I had the wheels fully refurbed back to new, the paintwork deswirled/sealed, and it literally looked as good as new. :)

https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/8...pcad-pics.html

https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/8...-detailed.html

Suberman 10 October 2010 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 9645781)
Sorry I misunderstood you when you said electrics, I think that the seats in the S202 are in many ways better than the S203/S204 seats in the respect of the comfort and 'grip'. I could not fit into either the S203 or S204 seats due to the fact that you have to be quite 'slim' in order to fit into them. :lol1:

The seats are far superior to the standard newage STi seats as they are more moulded into the shoulder area and really help hold you into the seat. If I could find a set at a reasonable price I would throw the STi seats in the bin and fit the S202 seats. :)

As for the demise of the car; as I said previously his ability came well short of his ambition, I told him it would bite him if he pushed it beyond it's limits but I am sure he thought he was living in the world of "The Fast And The Furious". I am cheesed off with myself as I was in two minds as to whether to sell it or not. :wall:

A link to the car just after I bought it

https://www.scoobynet.com/album.php?albumid=3393

After that I had the wheels fully refurbed back to new, the paintwork deswirled/sealed, and it literally looked as good as new. :)

https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/8...pcad-pics.html

https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/8...-detailed.html

No worries mate. :thumb: Yes i totally agree. I had a bugeye wrx perviously and really loved the seats. Even though i've a typical japanese frame, i found the S203/204 seats abit too narrow for me as well.:lol1::eek:

Did he drive it into a tree or down a ditch or something?

I saw your detailed pictures. The car looked really good! :notworthy The PCAD pictures were new to me though. But i still prefer the original projector lights and Rays wheels.

Terminator X 10 October 2010 11:55 AM

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/s...t/P1000784.jpg

Why do that to a S202 :eek: or was it just a badge add on :confused:

TX.

Cannon Fodder 10 October 2010 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator X (Post 9646028)
http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/s...t/P1000784.jpg

Why do that to a S202 :eek: or was it just a badge add on :confused:

TX.

No it's not an S202, it just had the grille badge. :lol1:

I had to laugh when I saw it at spring PCAD, I wanted to go and quiz the owner over his S202 but thought better of it. :D

He did try keeping up with me on the M4 (briefly that is). ;)

1HENDO 10 October 2010 12:37 PM

ive the pleasure of currently owning a Spec c type ra.
its got no electric goodies and weight saving measures on a stock model include, no underseal, no AC, no cent locking, no elect windows, no front subframe, no rear spoiler, 1mm thinner glass, lighter panels all round, no skirts, thinner carpets and sound deadening.
Mines a twin scroll but have been told specs on these may vary as they used up whatever bits they had lying around in the factory on these cars!
The Blob Spec c models were added with extras by some Mian Subaru dealers when they were imported.Tthis was done because they struggled to sell them to the general public without creature comforts fitted.

Suberman 10 October 2010 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 9646049)
No it's not an S202, it just had the grille badge. :lol1:

I had to laugh when I saw it at spring PCAD, I wanted to go and quiz the owner over his S202 but thought better of it. :D

He did try keeping up with me on the M4 (briefly that is). ;)

Oh i thought that was indeed a S202 but uglified. :lol1::wall:

And i thought that was yours when you bought it before you put on the stock rear wing, wheels, headlights etc. I'm glad that isn't yours. I knew you'd have known better than to do that to a S202. :D I guess i should really start reading instead of just looking at pictures. :lol1:

Cannon Fodder 10 October 2010 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Suberman (Post 9646176)
Oh i thought that was indeed a S202 but uglified. :lol1::wall:

And i thought that was yours when you bought it before you put on the stock rear wing, wheels, headlights etc. I'm glad that isn't yours. I knew you'd have known better than to do that to a S202. :D I guess i should really start reading instead of just looking at pictures. :lol1:

Not trying to be snobbish but it was in no way even close to an S202, personally I don't know what the owner was trying to do. :wonder:

No doubt it is the owners pride and joy but don't badge it up as something it's not. :eek:

To the OP if you can find a good S202 then I would snap it up without a second thought, you won't find a better Impreza and they are a joy to drive. :notworthy

eggy790 11 October 2010 11:14 AM

Top Man - Congrats on your new Purchase!

He's bought teh S202 lads and loving it!

Cannon Fodder 11 October 2010 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by eggy790 (Post 9647820)

Well done to him, I hope he likes it and some pics would be nice. :D

TonyBurns 11 October 2010 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by 1HENDO (Post 9646086)
ive the pleasure of currently owning a Spec c type ra.

The only "real" RA twin scroll cars were the Type RA limited editon 2005 car that did the nurburgring in 7.59 ;) and that was fully loaded :D

its got no electric goodies and weight saving measures on a stock model include, no underseal.
No JDM subaru has underseal :( they dont have the issues we have ;)

no AC.
You must be unlucky then, it was pretty much standard with the exception of the motorsport 16 inch versions.

, no cent locking, no elect windows, no front subframe.
17 inch version and 16 inch version (with the exception of the 2003 limited ;))

no rear spoiler.
Option on the motorsport version, standard on the rest.

1mm thinner glass.
Maybe .5mm, definately not 1mm

lighter panels all round.
Nope, only the roof panel is lighter (and thinner layers of paint!)

no skirts, thinner carpets and sound deadening.
yup, no boot lining either, or passenger sun visor (except limiteds), smaller 50ltr fuel tank (hence you get 10ltrs more for the ic water spray ;))

Mines a twin scroll but have been told specs on these may vary as they used up whatever bits they had lying around in the factory on these cars!
Some more bs someone told you :( have a look at the factory spec lists ;)
http://www.j-garage.com/subaru/impreza/gdb/2002spec.htm

The Blob Spec c models were added with extras by some Mian Subaru dealers when they were imported.Tthis was done because they struggled to sell them to the general public without creature comforts fitted.
All factory fitted :)

Tony:)

eggy790 11 October 2010 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 9647909)
Well done to him, I hope he likes it and some pics would be nice. :D

its a white one :D id nick a pic off his facebook but i have no access at work lol

Suberman 11 October 2010 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by eggy790 (Post 9647820)

Congrats to him! Looking forward to some pictures. :D

KAS35RSTI 11 October 2010 08:43 PM

Thanks for everyones help, highly appreciated. I'm over the moon with the S202. A few things i will change later on to replace its original form but for now a time attack style splitter will do, HID kit & a tow hook in red. :luvlove:

Here is a pic but not the best:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._3615232_n.jpg

TonyBurns 11 October 2010 08:46 PM

Yes, change the rear spoiler to the original ;) alloys re done to original spec and those dodgy wing mirrors ;)
Does she still have the titanium back box??

Anger 11 October 2010 08:52 PM

As said on fb its looking good mate :)

Had a black one turn up at last months Surrey meet

KAS35RSTI 11 October 2010 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns (Post 9648974)
Yes, change the rear spoiler to the original ;) alloys re done to original spec and those dodgy wing mirrors ;)
Does she still have the titanium back box??

Im in two minds with the spoiler as i may de-spoiler it. I also got the original mirrors & yes the one piece system is still in place. I was not to keen on the Rays wheels therefore i done a deal without them.

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 9648986)
As said on fb its looking good mate :)

Had a black one turn up at last months Surrey meet

Nice one James, cant wait to polish her up & attend a few meets. The only thing I am hating is the carbon clutch, its so noisy & annoying!! Other then that I'm happy :king:

KAS35RSTI 11 October 2010 10:37 PM

By the way does anyone know where i can get a S202 sticker which is normally on the drivers side wing? Mine is missing :brickwall