ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   engine check light (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/850057-engine-check-light.html)

jaymaxy 07 September 2010 02:52 PM

engine check light

hi guys was on my way home today and started to give car a bit of welly on duel carriage way and when i glanced down the engine check light was on , ok i thought was just because of going fast but has i got nearer home engine cut out had to bump start it at round about and car engine started to rattle and tick over pretty ruff had to do this a few more times before i got home , so put my code reader on and it came up with this fault code P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Malfunction
car start up after a bit and at 2000 revs it is rattling like a good un any advice about this , has im starting to think engine is fu$ked many thanks inadvance :(:(

nick172sport 07 September 2010 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by jaymaxy (Post 9587400)
hi guys was on my way home today and started to give car a bit of welly on duel carriage way and when i glanced down the engine check light was on , ok i thought was just because of going fast but has i got nearer home engine cut out had to bump start it at round about and car engine started to rattle and tick over pretty ruff had to do this a few more times before i got home , so put my code reader on and it came up with this fault code P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Malfunction
car start up after a bit and at 2000 revs it is rattling like a good un any advice about this , has im starting to think engine is fu$ked many thanks inadvance :(:(

dosnt sound good would have gone into limp mode when was the car last serviced:(

jaymaxy 07 September 2010 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by nick schofield (Post 9587408)
dosnt sound good would have gone into limp mode when was the car last serviced:(

only about 4 months ago
engine light now gone out but when started car is rattling , sounds like when used to have a noisy tappit rattling thats the sound its making now
:(:(:(

nick172sport 07 September 2010 05:59 PM

check the oil make sure there is no metal fillings in it will show on dipstick you need to get it looked at and dont drive it

jaymaxy 07 September 2010 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by nick schofield (Post 9587704)
check the oil make sure there is no metal fillings in it will show on dipstick you need to get it looked at and dont drive it

yeh thanks just checked all fluids and look normal nothing in oil , just got mt brother in law onto it hes a mechanic so hopefully get it sorted :thumb:

(only problem hes in bradford and the only 1 i trust to do it )

nick172sport 07 September 2010 06:15 PM

yhpm

jaymaxy 07 September 2010 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by nick schofield (Post 9587752)
yhpm

cheers mate thanks alot :luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:

nick172sport 07 September 2010 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by jaymaxy (Post 9587956)
cheers mate thanks alot :luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:

no probs pm me how you get on:thumb: