ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   info please (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/828773-info-please.html)

Bealescooby 21 April 2010 11:05 AM

info please

Right , my car is undergoing a full rebuild and becoming a 2.1
Car - 98 v4 sti type r
I've fitted an 18g before rebuild but wasn't mapped as it was not being driven until it was mapped
The car was just started daily and 1 day spun a shell

I have not yet fit the Ecu (apexi) as i was gonna do this on mapping day along with my 650cc injectors

Know i've been told that i need to run my engine in for a 1000 mile :sleep:

Know i'm wondering will the car be safe unmapped with no boost (switch off through AVCR)for the 1000 mile or will i need to have my car mapped and then tweaked after the 1000 mile

I don't really want to spend money on 2 maps as the car costs are already out of control

So can i drive the 1st 1000mile on standard ecu (75 mines ecu) and 18 g

mje_wrx 21 April 2010 01:31 PM

JGM once told me the scooby ecu is very good at learning, iv just rebuilt mine and added loads, and running in on standard ecu before i get my gems fitted. he told me to take it easy. so thats what im doing. worth contacting who u want to map it tho.

Jolly Green Monster 21 April 2010 02:40 PM

the standard ecu will pull timing hopefully etc.. and so learns to an extent

with those mods I would get a running in map put on it though

Simon

bigsinky 21 April 2010 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bealescooby (Post 9356750)

I don't really want to spend money on 2 maps as the car costs are already out of control

ahhhhhhh...............work every hour god sends, spend every penny you have. The joys of subaru modification ;)

Jolly Green Monster 21 April 2010 04:18 PM

I normally only charge £50+VAT extra to do running in map and then final map than just a full map.. as the second map is a tweak as I have seen the car already etc

obviously travel cost maybe involved

Simon

Bealescooby 21 April 2010 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by bigsinky (Post 9357230)
ahhhhhhh...............work every hour god sends, spend every penny you have. The joys of subaru modification ;)

LOL , i don't work every hour m8 just a 50hr week , but i got a wedding to pay for aswel so just keepin costs under control after the last yr on it

I normally only charge £50+VAT extra to do running in map and then final map than just a full map.. as the second map is a tweak as I have seen the car already etc

Simon

So what your tellin me is £50 + vat for running in map then i need final map when i'm run in , could u pm cost of this please , i was also considering settin up a group mapping in Wolverhampton
Oh and could u set my avcr up properly if so cost on that please
Pm me if easier
Thanx for the help

Jolly Green Monster 21 April 2010 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bealescooby (Post 9358229)
LOL , i don't work every hour m8 just a 50hr week , but i got a wedding to pay for aswel so just keepin costs under control after the last yr on it

Simon

So what your tellin me is £50 + vat for running in map then i need final map when i'm run in , could u pm cost of this please , i was also considering settin up a group mapping in Wolverhampton
Oh and could u set my avcr up properly if so cost on that please
Pm me if easier
Thanx for the help

if you ran the car in and then got me to come and map it the cost would be £250+VAT

I would charge £150+VAT to put a running in map on it and £150+VAT to do the final map as it would be a tweak as such from the running in map.. therefore tweak cost not full map cost. Therefore total is only £50+VAT etc.

Thanks
Simon

Bealescooby 21 April 2010 11:55 PM

I get it
Have u any free dates in May

Jolly Green Monster 26 April 2010 09:38 AM

Yes mate.

I could do the 11th or 12th May near you.

Drop me a pm to discuss

Thanks
Simon