ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   why have I trusteer.com running on my PC (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/817669-why-have-i-trusteer-com-running-on-my-pc.html)

salsa-king 21 February 2010 09:54 PM

why have I trusteer.com running on my PC

as title, i seem to have a part 'arrow' on my address bar, when I click it it brings up a window telling me about Home | Trusteer

is this a Windows update that will have auto updated mt laptop, as I've not loaded it myself.

Has anyone else got it?
Do I need it, if so why?

it seems to my my laptop go slow as well.

Should I have it????

help!!!!!!

Ant 21 February 2010 10:17 PM

sounds like spy ware tbh ,get a free scanner and see what it brings up :thumb:

bioforger 21 February 2010 10:28 PM

It's a browser security tool usually sent with banking software, so you must of installed something. Seeing as you didn't read the website or know where it came from, I suggest you keep it installed :D

salsa-king 22 February 2010 07:03 AM

my wifes just told me she put it on, as she got it from HSBC contacting her.. via email to say she needed to put it on if she wanted to carry onusing on line banking!

https://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/online-se...r_SA_240.gif_C

if i already use McAfee, do I need Trusteer as well???

cheers guys lol

StickyMicky 22 February 2010 08:35 AM

Banks telling you to install programs otherwise you cant use online banking?

Sounds fishy ;)

john_s 22 February 2010 09:19 AM

HSBC wanted me to install something last time I logged into internet banking. I declined and it still let me log in. I did wonder though how long it would be before they decide you can't log in without it.

salsa-king 22 February 2010 08:56 PM

well the laptop seems very slow since its been installed :(

salsa-king 23 February 2010 06:53 AM

stopped it running now and I now seem alot faster again :)

Dedrater 23 February 2010 11:19 AM

Good on you, it's a load of garbage.

Trusteer Support 23 February 2010 01:50 PM

Hello Salsa-king,

You are most welcome to contact Trusteer Technical Support so we can try to understand why Rapport caused your laptop to be slow, and fix the problem.

We welcome everyone to contact us with any questions or issues regarding Rapport:
support@trusteer.com

Sincerely,
Trusteer Technical Support Team

ChrisB 23 February 2010 03:08 PM

Ah, I've been prompted a few times to install Rapport when visiting HSBC Internet Banking. :Suspiciou

salsa-king 23 February 2010 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Trusteer Support (Post 9243928)
Hello Salsa-king,

You are most welcome to contact Trusteer Technical Support so we can try to understand why Rapport caused your laptop to be slow, and fix the problem.

We welcome everyone to contact us with any questions or issues regarding Rapport:
support@trusteer.com

Sincerely,
Trusteer Technical Support Team

Thanks, but now I've turned it off I'm working fine again.

Don't know why i should use it, I run McAfee anyway and AntiSpyware too

bioforger 23 February 2010 09:28 PM

Exactly, jobs for the boys isn't it, total overkill when most people use their own antivirus/antimalware tools which are much more efficient and better at doing the job versus some crappy code that hogs your whole rig.

eggy790 23 February 2010 09:44 PM

i use it with hsbc perfectlym fine, never had a problems, also works on ebay well

salsa-king 23 February 2010 09:49 PM

How do you use it?

I've got BThome hub that has McAfee updated all the time, so always the ltest verion.

eggy790 23 February 2010 09:56 PM

its supported alongside your current anti virus and firewall, just ensures extra encryption when sending senstitive data like online banking.

it comes on automatically when you go on compatible websites, such as ebay or hsbc, other than that, im pretty sure its inactive on mine unless you manually click the arrow in the address bar.

when you next go on hsbc banking, click on the green arrow and it'll give you all the encrypted information and stats