ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   Porker (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/812588-porker.html)

Arkwright 27 January 2010 06:34 PM

Porker

The Porker and me ( or in my case the Porker and Porker) have been on the rolling road today.
Which was worth every penny as the car had a couple of issues which would of spoilt any trackday.
The car after a bit of fettling produced 220 hp which was the best I`d hoped for so I`m well pleased.
Tried it round the yard when I got back and it certainly responds to the slightest throttle input as I discovered approaching one corner too fast and the rear of the car hanging out the wrong way a quick dab of the brake and another stab of the throttle saved me from any embaressment Phew!
It`s weighing in now at about 1 ton so I`m really looking forward to my first track excursion.
Still plenty of suspension tweeks and bucket seats and harnesses to fit.
But it`s coming together. :thumb:

Tiny 27 January 2010 06:46 PM

Sounds great buddy , just great :luxhello:

kin quick 27 January 2010 06:58 PM

Nice one Simon :notworthy

Hope my passenger seat will be nice and warm for Brands :luxhello:

WRX_Dazza 27 January 2010 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by kin quick (Post 9185138)
Nice one Simon :notworthy

Hope my passenger seat will be nice and warm for Brands :luxhello:

will prob be warm and wet knowing you Rossy Boy !! :)

:lol1::lol1::lol1:

Tiny 27 January 2010 07:12 PM

:lol:

kin quick 27 January 2010 07:20 PM

Man nappy at the ready :D

Can't wait to see this car, love old school Porkers, especially when it's got a thumping great V8 :notworthy

EVILSTI 27 January 2010 07:38 PM

nice simon!:thumb: im going to surry rolling road in 9th feb.. J.G.M. gonna have a little tweek up for me and get some figures with the TD06 20g which is on there at the mo..:cool:

until the MD321 goes on!!!!:norty::norty::norty:

Arkwright 27 January 2010 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by EVILSTI (Post 9185298)
nice simon!:thumb: im going to surry rolling road in 9th feb.. J.G.M. gonna have a little tweek up for me and get some figures with the TD06 20g which is on there at the mo..:cool:

until the MD321 goes on!!!!:norty::norty::norty:

Hope it all goes well for you and it performs as well as you hope.:thumb:
It`s been a long time since I drove on a rolling road seems real strange driving your car at over 100mph but not going anywhere. :wonder:

FLAT ERIC 27 January 2010 10:12 PM

Great you got the bhp you expected Simon. What was the torque like? Any more weight to be shed or is that it for the car?

Arkwright 27 January 2010 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by FLAT ERIC (Post 9185845)
Great you got the bhp you expected Simon. What was the torque like? Any more weight to be shed or is that it for the car?

I did`nt get the Torque figure the guy I used did my SD1 rover back in 1990 ( just a mere 20yrs ago ) I reckon he`s still using the same equipment as he did back then. So no fancy printouts I`m afraid just well over 20 yrs of setting up cars to perform to there best.
I can tell you though all 3950cc`s are pulling well though can`t wait to try it.
The porker in standard trim weighs 1100 kgs I`ve already removed 100 kgs and still have more to come out like sunroof electric motor and drive, lower rear seat section and 2 bucket seats lighter than original seats so I`m aiming to get it down below a ton.

yellowvanman 27 January 2010 10:29 PM

Simon, was that at the wheels or flywheel?

Is it Brands on the 22nd?

53 27 January 2010 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Arkwright (Post 9185889)
I did`nt get the Torque figure the guy I used did my SD1 rover back in 1990 ( just a mere 20yrs ago ) I reckon he`s still using the same equipment as he did back then. So no fancy printouts I`m afraid just well over 20 yrs of setting up cars to perform to there best.
I can tell you though all 3950cc`s are pulling well though can`t wait to try it.
The porker in standard trim weighs 1100 kgs I`ve already removed 100 kgs and still have more to come out like sunroof electric motor and drive, lower rear seat section and 2 bucket seats lighter than original seats so I`m aiming to get it down below a ton.

Can you remove the rear window, boot arrangement seeing as this is all purpose track beastie.:norty:

scooby seb 27 January 2010 11:16 PM

does anyone remember the yellow 944(i think or 924) that used to go to southend in the late 90's early noughties it was also v8 and very very yummy:luvlove:

kin quick 27 January 2010 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by scooby seb (Post 9186034)
does anyone remember the yellow 944(i think or 924) that used to go to southend in the late 90's early noughties it was also v8 and very very yummy:luvlove:

I remember that one, was gorgeous :luvlove:

Think it was running loads of power, saw it at the pod once and it was still laying rubber down well over half way up the strip :notworthy

Think it's still around somewhere!

kin quick 28 January 2010 12:11 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...5turbo0004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...5turbo0003.jpg

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

scooby seb 28 January 2010 08:20 AM

thats the one:luvlove::luvlove:

i remember one night down there he lifted the bonnet up and pulled out a screw driver and we thought he was going to do something technical???? then he started hitting the top of the carb with the screw driver:lol1::lol1:

Arkwright 28 January 2010 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by yellowvanman (Post 9185901)
Simon, was that at the wheels or flywheel?

Is it Brands on the 22nd?

At the wheels could see the BHP gauge from the driving seat.
Not sure the other jobs are going to be completed in time for Brands so have`nt committed to it yet. :thumb:

Arkwright 28 January 2010 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by 53WRX (Post 9185923)
Can you remove the rear window, boot arrangement seeing as this is all purpose track beastie.:norty:

Can remove the window. But I don`t like going topless :norty: The unique shape of the window makes the perspex replacements expensive as well.
So it`ll have to stay for now. :thumb:

53 28 January 2010 11:21 AM

I realised replacement would be muchous muller, just looks like a lot of glass weight. If you crash it's unlikely to strengthen the structure. I envisaged welded brace between rear struts additionally supporting 2 bars from roof to boot floor ?

I am looking at mine thinking what else to remove but it's a case of weight/looks shyte ratio.:D

Arkwright 28 January 2010 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by 53WRX (Post 9186533)
I realised replacement would be muchous muller, just looks like a lot of glass weight. If you crash it's unlikely to strengthen the structure. I envisaged welded brace between rear struts additionally supporting 2 bars from roof to boot floor ?

I am looking at mine thinking what else to remove but it's a case of weight/looks shyte ratio.:D

I keep thinking about going on a diet.............................................. .................................................. ..................It`s the thought that counts. :D

EVILSTI 28 January 2010 11:30 AM

your right, its the thought that counts! lol

Arkwright 28 January 2010 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by scooby seb (Post 9186034)

It is a 924 and running I believe a chevy v8 with turbo and a blower it`s approx 600 hp sweeet!
I have been contacted by one of three other 924 v8 owners all local and one of them has a motor of simlar spec might be the same one going to meet up with them soon. :thumb:

Arkwright 28 January 2010 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by EVILSTI (Post 9186551)
your right, its the thought that counts! lol

It`s alright for you racing snakes to mock. LOL. Or have you over indulged big time this christmas. :thumb:

53 28 January 2010 11:40 AM

My thinking is if you go on a diet you have to buy new clothes therefore less disposable income to go on cars ! It's a false economy.;)

Racing Snake :norty:

Arkwright 28 January 2010 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by 53WRX (Post 9186570)
My thinking is if you go on a diet you have to buy new clothes therefore less disposable income to go on cars ! It's a false economy.;)

Racing Snake :norty:

:lol: True won`t bother then. :lol1:

53 28 January 2010 11:49 AM

Insult a few people or drive really badly on your first time out and then you can remove the passenger seat.:norty:

Arkwright 28 January 2010 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by 53WRX (Post 9186593)
Insult a few people or drive really badly on your first time out and then you can remove the passenger seat.:norty:

:lol: Before anyone else says it that describes me anyway.
So perhaps I might aswell not fit it in the first place. LOL ;) :thumb: