ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Anyone had experiences with a company called 'The Claims Guys' ???? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/797074-anyone-had-experiences-with-a-company-called-the-claims-guys.html)

Gear Head 22 June 2012 01:02 PM

You don't need a company to work on your behalf.

I keep getting one of these companies calling me, even though I ask them to remove me from their list.

The last time I actually let the guy explain what they did. When I asked him their commission, he lied at first and said, 'we don't charge commission'. Then when I pressed him harder and said that I was recording the call, he changed his tune and admitted a 25% charge.

Then, when I told him that I had already got a claim approved from Halifax, he said, 'Ah yes, but you wouldn't have got back any interest'. He shut up when I asked him what the 8% interest payment was on my offer?

Bunch of arseholes if you ask me. I told him to **** OFF in the end and they haven't called back over the last 10 days. :thumb:

David Lock 22 June 2012 02:55 PM

Why has this thread got 12,500 views?

:Suspiciou :Suspiciou :Suspiciou :Suspiciou

dl

jonc 22 June 2012 03:01 PM

Because it nearly 3 years old perhaps?

IainMilford 22 June 2012 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 10676721)
Why has this thread got 12,500 views?

:Suspiciou :Suspiciou :Suspiciou :Suspiciou

dl

lol, I only out it up because I was getting harrassed by this company and now look at it!!

Strange that it has attracted lots of first time posters as well, obvious fanatic scooby owners who only feel the need to post on this thread :rolleyes:

David Lock 22 June 2012 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by jonc (Post 10676732)
Because it nearly 3 years old perhaps?

Well maybe but only 32 replies and these 1 post newbies turning up? All very odd.

And I wish the mods or someone could post a warning about old threads!!

dl

jonc 22 June 2012 04:04 PM

Well this Scoobynet thread comes 5th in the search results for Google, even beat moneysavingexpert.com!! The top 4 are for the actual claims website itself.

IainMilford 22 June 2012 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by jonc (Post 10676849)
Well this Scoobynet thread comes 5th in the search results for Google, even beat moneysavingexpert.com!! The top 4 are for the actual claims website itself.

:eek::eek::eek: :lol1:

Cant believe that, hope I haven't actually helped them win some business :(

TerryScott7 14 August 2013 03:34 PM

A big scam operation

I did, I got scammed from them for work that they never curried out.

I had a claim, the said that I was for a refund of 78 pounds, They asked me to pay them 38 pounds.

After one years and half I had no money from my claim .

The way they operate its a scamm A damming scam and they are also protect by legal crooks !!!

SCAMMERRRRSRRRRRR

Bee1986 12 April 2014 07:01 AM

Help

Hi!
I don't know if anyone still reads this? So...

We got in touch with the claims guys probably over six months ago. They got us some ppi money. Big fee etc. Anyway, figured that was the end of it.

Last week they sent a letter saying we are owed more money. We have had a dozen missed calls every day. A few letters. Last time they won us money we didn't pay up front the fees. We said just take them out of what we are owed, which they did.

We said the same this time as we are skint and they said no, we need payment upfront.
This is completely out of the blue. We haven't even asked them to do anything since the last time. One of the letters says if we don't do anything this will affect our credit rating. I don't understand how? We haven't asked them to do anything and like I said, this is all completely random.

Anyone else experienced this? Really stressing me out.

Osimabu 12 April 2014 08:18 AM

If you want more advice on this, I'd ask on here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/

lordharding 12 April 2014 09:14 AM

Weird how many new posters keep this thread alive :D
And not talk about cars

PaulC72 12 April 2014 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by lordharding (Post 11402521)
Weird how many new posters keep this thread alive :D
And not talk about cars

maybe they should have put, I got xxxx pounds and I purchased a car with the money, would that help? :D