ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Trader Announcements (https://www.scoobynet.com/trader-announcements-363/)
-   -   S206 turbo breaks 550 bhp barrier. (https://www.scoobynet.com/trader-announcements-363/795421-s206-turbo-breaks-550-bhp-barrier.html)

Alan Jeffery 16 October 2009 07:02 PM

S206 turbo breaks 550 bhp barrier.

2 Attachment(s)
These are this weeks results from our 2.1 stroker fitted with the Turbo Technics S206 turbo. Bear in mind this is achieved with standard V5 heads and cams and a bolt on turbo. Simtek mapping by Martyn.

Attachment 52733

Attachment 52734

banny sti 16 October 2009 07:12 PM

Very nice, might have to sell my rotated GT3076 :D :lol1: :thumb:

Banny

V5RLTD 16 October 2009 07:20 PM

Its incredible considering how much it costs, hats off. :thumb:

stealthy55 16 October 2009 07:41 PM

alan, did you forget to add this set up is on sunoco RACE fuel?

scotttiley 16 October 2009 08:21 PM

ah what did it do without it

Alan Jeffery 16 October 2009 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by stealthy55 (Post 9001152)

I've no idea what Martyn's putting in it, and who cares? are you going to run 2.1 bar on paraffin? It's about boost, and the ability of the turbo to deliver it. Anybody can use whatever fuel they like as far as I'm concerned, and if they aren't using decent fuel at drag meetings, then they deserve a good kicking.

wrighty338 16 October 2009 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by stealthy55 (Post 9001152)

what does it matter? this is a 2.1 L car producing this power which i find phenomenal in itself

hats off indeed enginetuner :thumb:

screechy 16 October 2009 10:37 PM

Great work there guys. Very impressive figure, no matter what the fuel is !!

Last time I spoke Martyn was using this car every day so is he using normal fuel for daily and this for 'special' occassions ??

dazdavies 16 October 2009 10:38 PM

It's quite an important factor if you ask me. Misleading if you dont say it's racefuel.
Jo bloggs comes along spends a fair bit of cash on a 2.1 stroker and this blower. He's going to be pee'd off if he;s expecting that from V power.

Good result non the less but state all the facts!

stealthy55 16 October 2009 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Jeffery (Post 9001294)
I've no idea what Martyn's putting in it, and who cares? are you going to run 2.1 bar on paraffin? It's about boost, and the ability of the turbo to deliver it. Anybody can use whatever fuel they like as far as I'm concerned, and if they aren't using decent fuel at drag meetings, then they deserve a good kicking.

In preperation for the last round of the PSDS this weekend, I have remapped my own 2.1 stroker equipped with the S206 turbo for running Sunoco race fuel. Running 2.1 bar boost it made the following figures.

think thats what he said:)

Alan Jeffery 16 October 2009 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by dazdavies (Post 9001496)
It's quite an important factor if you ask me. Misleading if you dont say it's racefuel.
Jo bloggs comes along spends a fair bit of cash on a 2.1 stroker and this blower. He's going to be pee'd off if he;s expecting that from V power.

Good result non the less but state all the facts!

You wouldn't seriously suggest in print that we would mislead a potential customer by indicating that he's going to get the same power on pump fuel? :nono: (I know you're only kidding Daz)
In any event, I thought that's what switchable mapping is all about! I don't know what anyone else is up to, but we offer pump fuel/meth mix maps all the time. I appreciate it's harder to do when you don't have workshop staff and a dyno.

We are going drag racing again at Shakespeare at the weekend, and we wanted to see what could be done with a comparatively cheaply produced car, fully trimmed for the road, with weekend race fuel in it. We wouldn't find out sat on our ar-- now would we? We don't just talk about it you know..

This IS Martyn's daily transport, I'm sure as hell not buying him another one!
Purpose built drag cars are all very well, but not of much interest to the average guy who wants a fast car for himself without breaking the bank.

I'd say with the 2.1/S206 combo we offer a seriously good bang for buck option.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...fery/Sti-1.jpg

Anger 16 October 2009 11:31 PM

Look forward to seeing how it does on Sunday

Lets hope for a 10 sec run :thumb:

Alan Jeffery 16 October 2009 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 9001574)
Look forward to seeing how it does on Sunday

Lets hope for a 10 sec run :thumb:

Fingers crossed for STi 5 speed gearbox!

Mus 17 October 2009 12:50 AM

10 second run standard heads, more or less standard postion turbo and standard ver 5 box now thats quite an achievement.

mervil 17 October 2009 09:27 AM

Hats off to you guys (if i was indeed wearing one) :notworthy

Awesome results, looking forward to coming down and having a tweek once mine's hit 5k :thumb:

Good luck for Shakespeare ;)

scubbay 17 October 2009 09:31 AM

This will be interesting. Good luck.

Shaun 17 October 2009 11:19 AM

Martyn,
I doubt anyone is suggesting you are trying to mislead anyone, but the fuel type and boost used are very very important, as you already know. ;) Being totally transparant about what fuel used is about being totally upfront... people can not acuse you of anything else then. Always better to pre-empt the "haters". :)

Nice results and good luck with the continued development! :)

Alan Jeffery 17 October 2009 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 9001913)
Martyn,
I doubt anyone is suggesting you are trying to mislead anyone, but the fuel type and boost used are very very important, as you already know. ;) Being totally transparant about what fuel used is about being totally upfront... people can not acuse you of anything else then. Always better to pre-empt the "haters". :)

Nice results and good luck with the continued development! :)

Thanks, and we are certainly going to be steaming on with development, however ..
As Stealthy pointed out, Martyn had already posted elsewhere online what fuel he was using, therefore it was no secret.
Martyn didn't post the graph, I did! I didn't ask him for permission first, we live 25 miles apart, and anyway, I hardly ever speak to him ....:D
I knew full well somebody would ask about whatever detail floated their boat, so I didn't bother rambling on about that, the same as I didn't say what he had for lunch beforehand.
(Chicken Tikka Masala sandwich, to counter your next question) :lol1: maybe that's the secret of his success, although the close confines of a dyno cell may not be the place to be afterwards!

fmp 17 October 2009 01:45 PM

so is this more of a drag setup?

As i want a reliable weekend/nurburgring/track car setup, with early spool, good power etc.

i had my heart set on a Tomei setup (ARMS 7760 Turbo, 2.1 stroker & exhaust manifold), but the more i see and hear about this setup, the more i am wondering if it will do the job for me!?!

Alan Jeffery 17 October 2009 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by fmp (Post 9002109)
so is this more of a drag setup?

As i want a reliable weekend/nurburgring/track car setup, with early spool, good power etc.

i had my heart set on a Tomei setup (ARMS 7760 Turbo, 2.1 stroker & exhaust manifold), but the more i see and hear about this setup, the more i am wondering if it will do the job for me!?!

The whole point of this one is that it isn't just a drag set up. We wanted a turbo to give the power, but we didn't to make it hard to drive. It's all a compromise of course, we just happen to have a good one!
Compare it for the money, and you'll see where we are at.

dazdavies 17 October 2009 10:17 PM

Firstly I'm not a "hater" and dont get off on details. However, I honestly think that when posting results (especially ones as good as this) it would be wise to say that it was on full on race fuel and not just a vpower 10%meth mix +nf etc.

I wasn't acusing you of anything either all I'm saying is that when results are acheived using race fuel and then posted up its good form to say that race fuel was used.

As Shaun says, then you've been totally transparent about it.
As I said before though, excellent results regardless of fuel.

RA Dunk 18 October 2009 06:39 AM

Excellent results!!

RA Dunk 18 October 2009 06:43 AM

double post

DaveBeck 18 October 2009 09:35 AM

What times did it make then :) or is it today?

DJ_Jon 18 October 2009 10:03 AM

PSDS is today.

I have the s206 on my 2.5 & have been to the Nurburgring/use it as a weekend car. I also use it on the drag strip - no problems using it in either scenario.

Great results Alan & Martyn :thumb:

Alan Jeffery 18 October 2009 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by dazdavies (Post 9002916)
Firstly I'm not a "hater" and dont get off on details. However, I honestly think that when posting results (especially ones as good as this) it would be wise to say that it was on full on race fuel and not just a vpower 10%meth mix +nf etc.

I wasn't acusing you of anything either all I'm saying is that when results are acheived using race fuel and then posted up its good form to say that race fuel was used.

As Shaun says, then you've been totally transparent about it.
As I said before though, excellent results regardless of fuel.

Yes, quite ..

SMA01 - black scoob 18 October 2009 11:58 AM

superb results alan, hat off to you guys....:thumb:

Alan Jeffery 18 October 2009 12:38 PM

Martyn just posted a 10.96.

Sorry! just amended to say this is on RACE fuel, although he didn't have the chicken tikka sandwich today, a weight saving measure I believe.

stealthy55 18 October 2009 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Jeffery (Post 9003453)

well done:thumb:

scubbay 18 October 2009 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Jeffery (Post 9003453)

Sorry! just amended to say this is on RACE fuel, although he didn't have the chicken tikka sandwich today, a weight saving measure I believe.

WOW :notworthy