ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   WR1 ecu on a 2003 blob eye wrx sti (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/790257-wr1-ecu-on-a-2003-blob-eye-wrx-sti.html)

Simon Baudains 18 September 2009 03:16 AM

WR1 ecu on a 2003 blob eye wrx sti

Hi,i have recently aquired a wr1 ecu and have been getting mixed advice on fitting it to my august 2003 blob eye sti.
can anyone help please??? i have purchased a walbro high flow fuel pump and a roger clark induction kit but am being advised not to fit the ecu:nono: surely with an exhaust which has a spec the same as the prodrive one fitted to the wr1 i should be able to plug and play...should i not.
any advice greatly appreciated as i am currently:brickwall
with thanks
simon

chrisdicko 18 September 2009 03:45 AM

They're the same ECU as far as I'm aware, so would be no point fitting it.

If your fitting an induction kit, you should get your standard ECU remapped though.

Simon Baudains 18 September 2009 04:02 AM

yes m8 they are the same ecu but its been tweeked by prodrive for 315bhp as appose to my 265bhp on sti. was gonna leave standard air box in as i have an uprated panel filter in there which would be same as the wr1 but now people have put doubts in my head i thought f*ck it...induction kit,3 inch with full straight through exhaust and a re-map....just wondering if any one out there had fitted a wr1 ecu to there sti with or without any probs.
cheers though m8
simon

Splitpin 18 September 2009 07:00 AM

The biggest problem you'd have post-swap is that the car won't start, at least until you re-sync the immobiliser in the new ECU to the transponders in your existing keys.

Simon Baudains 18 September 2009 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Splitpin (Post 8948481)
The biggest problem you'd have post-swap is that the car won't start, at least until you re-sync the immobiliser in the new ECU to the transponders in your existing keys.

:thumb:cheers for the input my friend but that is the easy part...£25 at the subaru dealer ship...jobs a good un.

thanks

simon

aXeL 18 September 2009 06:08 PM

The WR1 is just a remapped STI PPP?? Great - I want a copy of that ROM then. 0-60 in 4.4 as opposed to 4.8 for just a reflash? Bring it...:)

Could I come visit with my Tactrix cable and a copy of Romraider? There's a pint in it.... Could swap you for my PPP map but can't imagine why you'd want a paltry 305hp,295lb/ft - although I do have my 'special' AVCS settings in there...

Simon Baudains 20 September 2009 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by aXeL (Post 8949396)
The WR1 is just a remapped STI PPP?? Great - I want a copy of that ROM then. 0-60 in 4.4 as opposed to 4.8 for just a reflash? Bring it...:)

Could I come visit with my Tactrix cable and a copy of Romraider? There's a pint in it.... Could swap you for my PPP map but can't imagine why you'd want a paltry 305hp,295lb/ft - although I do have my 'special' AVCS settings in there...

Welcome to visit anytime you want to romraid,i'm in jersey c.i though.
and at the moment only kickin out a 265bhp standard sti power as i am worried about lobbing this ecu in:confused:

rbaz 03 October 2009 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Simon Baudains (Post 8951603)
Welcome to visit anytime you want to romraid,i'm in jersey c.i though.
and at the moment only kickin out a 265bhp standard sti power as i am worried about lobbing this ecu in:confused:

Be a good idea to get him to come over with the cable if he knows what he is looking at he can log your car make sure its ok with the WR1 ECU :thumb:

Midlife...... 03 October 2009 07:08 PM

If the RCMS induction kit has a larger bore than the OEM induction then you will need to rescale the MAF.......whatever ECU you use.

Shaun

Motion-Mx 11 October 2009 12:30 AM

I'm looking to do the same,can anybody confirm this will be ok?

Motion-Mx 31 October 2009 07:00 PM

just bought a WR1 ECU and full exhaust,I'm pretty sure it will be fine in my 03 Sti but does anybody know for sure,or have I got to be the guinnie pig?

Simon Baudains 01 November 2009 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Motion-Mx (Post 9027952)
just bought a WR1 ECU and full exhaust,I'm pretty sure it will be fine in my 03 Sti but does anybody know for sure,or have I got to be the guinnie pig?

:D i'm still in the same boat fellow pig...will it be ok :wonder: or wont it:cry: have you got a full wr1 exhaust??

simon