ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scooby Sprint Championship / ScoobyLive (https://www.scoobynet.com/scooby-sprint-championship-scoobylive-421/)
-   -   rule question? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scooby-sprint-championship-scoobylive-421/780351-rule-question.html)

Tidgy 27 July 2009 01:25 PM

rule question?

prob a daft question but how come andy forrest, a tuner, is in the modified class not the pro class?

whats the regs for it? (can't find em listed anywhere)

IRC450STI 27 July 2009 05:29 PM

Cos he doesnt use his race car, he uses his spec-c road car which is highly modified :D hows those new brakes of yours ;)

Tidgy 28 July 2009 12:56 PM

ahhh right i see, mmm, still smacks of pro ratehr than modd'd to me, but hey ho.

got a vibration so there gonna look at it, had it since day one and not gone now there bedded in so there gonna have a look and sort it, even so there gripping hughly better than the standard ones :)

dunx 29 July 2009 12:44 PM

There are plenty of other cars running AST's, sticky rubber and fully forged 2.5's....

Perhaps a "slightly" modified class would be nice for us ordinary folk, e.g. mine has only "bolt-on" mods fitted ? More rules = more bitching, so we will see.

IMHO

dunx

Tidgy 29 July 2009 12:59 PM

kinda, i just saw it and thought thats abit strange and not exactly fair considering he is a well known tuner.

makes sences to have pro class if your a tuner, mod if your a private guy off the street whos had alot of work done, then perhaps stock where your limited by what you can do, say for example have to be running the standard engine.

mickywrx 29 July 2009 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 8850364)
kinda, i just saw it and thought thats abit strange and not exactly fair considering he is a well known tuner.

makes sences to have pro class if your a tuner, mod if your a private guy off the street whos had alot of work done, then perhaps stock where your limited by what you can do, say for example have to be running the standard engine.

Very difficult to prove though.

Tidgy 29 July 2009 08:58 PM

true, but a tech minded person can nromaly spot a rat ;)

whast the point in competing if your not gonna do the best you can with what you've got, supose its the old big fish in a small pond saga

172sport 30 July 2009 12:21 PM

Its more of a piss take when people in the std class are listing mods..............!

Tidgy 30 July 2009 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by 172sport (Post 8852440)
Its more of a piss take when people in the std class are listing mods..............!

lol, aye

mickywrx 30 July 2009 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 8851373)
true, but a tech minded person can nromaly spot a rat ;)

whast the point in competing if your not gonna do the best you can with what you've got, supose its the old big fish in a small pond saga

I agree to an extent, bit hard to spot forged pistons and steel rods though.

I was going to enter, but my car would have to go in the modified class, due to a few bolt ons.

I'd have to brake on the start line for the 1st corner with my crappy 2pots. :lol1::lol1:

Tidgy 30 July 2009 10:42 PM

lol, i have ecently sorted out the crappy standard brakes and o thank god lol

dunx 31 July 2009 12:25 AM

I think Subaru forgot to fit brakes to my classic, why back then....

LOL

dunx

P.S. If it's Andy.F's "wife's" car she should drive it !

Tidgy 31 July 2009 12:59 PM

try a set of these dunx ;)

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...0072009198.jpg

Jay m A 03 August 2009 02:38 PM

Well I'm entering the last 2 rounds and I'm rightly in the modified class. I'm not fussed that I'm 200Hp down on some - and dare I say some of the cars in the standard class can achieve the same power as me with the allowed exhaust and remap.

As far as I'm concerned its just a bit of fun to see what I can do.

dunx 03 August 2009 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 8854593)
try a set of these dunx ;)

Thanks, but I'm a New-Age STI user now, Brembos + PF are almost good enough, once I get the fluid changed, again !

LOL

dunx

wrighty338 09 August 2009 09:37 PM

i cant wait to have a crack at this next season

172sport 12 August 2009 08:55 PM

Ill be there for the last round all being well