ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   WARNING UNMARKED BMW M6 TOLL Road (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/735433-warning-unmarked-bmw-m6-toll-road.html)

simpsons ! 01 January 2009 11:56 PM

WARNING UNMARKED BMW M6 TOLL Road

https://www.scoobynet.com/you-9/7354...years-day.html

For some reason this was moved to was it you section:Whatever_

Simpsons !

Alan MaC 02 January 2009 09:25 AM

I thought the Toll Road was a private road:wonder:

I take it not so??

Regards

Alan MaC

Shaun 02 January 2009 09:34 AM

Just because the road was privately funded, it is still part of the queens highway and thus attracts the same legalities when you drive on it.

Mrfastbaz 02 January 2009 09:50 AM

mind you the amount of speed camera's and average speed cameras going on the M6 its wont be long before that starts happening on the toll road aswell

Nate 02 January 2009 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by simpsons ! (Post 8389564)
For some reason this was moved to was it you section:Whatever_

Possibly because you worded the first sentence, 'Was it you pulled up by ..... ;)

Stevie-Sport 02 January 2009 10:51 AM

I dont think i have ever seen a Police car on that road.

trails 02 January 2009 10:54 AM

I got my last lot of points on the M6 toll road about six years ago...marked Disco; opps :razz::D

jasonius 02 January 2009 11:51 AM

The M6 Toll attracts more 50 attention than people seem to think..!

I've seen more cars pulled on that piece of road than anywhere else, maybe a lot of people think, like Alan, that you can't be done as it's a 'private' road..? If only..lol..!:cry:

With regards to the unmarked car, it's an 'old' shape 5 series, dark grey iirc and on something like a 'Y' plate. Not something you'd expect, as they're usually newer cars..!

There also used to be a crystal grey/gold alloy hawkeye STI type UK too, on which if you looked close enough you could see the 'clear' (ie blue) ~3"x1" led strips on the bumpers and sides..;)

Not seen either TBH for some time, but then again I've not really been around that M6 Toll/Coleshill/M6/M42 hot spot..:)

Lol, the best thing about the Toll is the Wacky Races 'starts' from the main carriageway toll booths..:norty:

Terminator X 02 January 2009 12:05 PM

Agreed, much fun to be had :)

Tis a tad harsh catching people for speeding on the toll road though ... they have paid £5 (?) for the privelege after all :(

TX.

Originally Posted by jasonius (Post 8390043)
Lol, the best thing about the Toll is the Wacky Races 'starts' from the main carriageway toll booths..:norty:

Shaun 02 January 2009 12:37 PM

It may not be long until they make the current SPECS (oh yes... they had been installed when the toll road was built) type cameras active on the toll road. ;)

wolfie28 02 January 2009 01:54 PM

I think you should be ashamed of yourselves driving on the toll road :freak3: :D.

I won't go on it just out of principal - you get reamed enough with taxes in this country let alone paying extra for the privilege of using the road :( :razz:.

Nate 02 January 2009 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by wolfie28 (Post 8390326)
I think you should be ashamed of yourselves driving on the toll road :freak3: :D.

I won't go on it just out of principal - you get reamed enough with taxes in this country let alone paying extra for the privilege of using the road :( :razz:.

But if you want to avoid Tractors and OAP's, it must be the best option ;)

trails 02 January 2009 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by *Nate* (Post 8390478)
But if you want to avoid Tractors and OAP's, it must be the best option ;)

or your can claim it back through expenses...:p

Ginge ! 02 January 2009 05:55 PM

i used to use the toll road, been with a bloke who done 169 on gps there !!!

when they put the price up to over 4quid i started to plan my route better, when i heard about the police patroling it i aint used is since,, its too nice road for me not to be tempted im afraid

jasonius 02 January 2009 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by trails (Post 8390484)
or your can claim it back through expenses...:p

Or have a 3yr pass for £15..:D

trails 02 January 2009 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by jasonius (Post 8391340)
Or have a 3yr pass for £15..:D

bargain :thumb::D

starsandstripes 02 January 2009 08:26 PM

3yr pass?? how do u get one of those?