ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   what version is my97 uk turbo? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/726662-what-version-is-my97-uk-turbo.html)

rich08 21 November 2008 04:04 PM

what version is my97 uk turbo?

tried searching but i couldnt find out for definate which one it is. also will a blitz supersound fit any classic??
cheers

rbaz 21 November 2008 04:09 PM

My97 is a V3 which has the same dump valve as a V4 but the others are different.
I would fit a standard one on it use the search button loads of info on here about DVs

rich08 21 November 2008 04:13 PM

why fit a standard one??

TelBoy 21 November 2008 04:17 PM

MY97 could be V3 or V4. If it's got black dials it's V3, if it's got white dials it's V4.

Finite. Definite. Definitely.

rich08 21 November 2008 04:20 PM

they are white with a carbon fibre surround. ive just bught a blitz supersound and the bloke said it will fit any classic where they bolt onto the front of the intercooler! this true

rich08 21 November 2008 04:25 PM

this is the one i bought
subaru impreza blitz supersound dump valve.....new on eBay, also, Subaru, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 21-Nov-08 11:42:50 GMT)

rossi_p 21 November 2008 04:25 PM

V1-6 only applies to the jdm sti's.

As your car is a UK Turbo, it is simply a UK Turbo.

As per other thread comment - fit a standard re-circ valve.

If you're after the stupid sound, then I'm sure the Blitz will suffice.

rbaz 21 November 2008 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by rich08 (Post 8290086)
they are white with a carbon fibre surround. ive just bught a blitz supersound and the bloke said it will fit any classic where they bolt onto the front of the intercooler! this true

Well it will fit any that bolts on to the inter cooler but I don’t think yours bolt on. Open the bonnet and have a look easy to see it.

Standard valve doesn’t mess up the fuelling giving a much smoother throttle response I removed my VTA and will never use on again like driving a different car.

rich08 21 November 2008 04:30 PM

but i do like 'the stupid sound' any body know where i can get one that will definately fit my scoob..... not baileys
cheers

TelBoy 21 November 2008 04:33 PM

Fekkinell :D

Definitely is the spelling mate :)

EddScott 21 November 2008 04:33 PM

OK,

Does you dashboard have a little cubby hole in the centre above the air vents?

Does your passenger side dashboard have an air bag?

Do you have an arm rest?

If you have these things your car is probably V4 onwards. If so its unlikely this DV will fit because IIRC your version intercooler has a pipe welded in place that feeds the OE DV.

If you car does not have any of these things on the dash then it has the old style dash and is therefore a V3. If this is the case, again that DV will not fit.

The DV on the ebay advert is for MY99/00 and might fit newage WRX

rich08 21 November 2008 04:39 PM

right, cheers for the replys. i should of researched it first. ive just rang up scoobyparts and they have a forge dumpvalve in stock which WILL fit mine!
are these any good??

BLU 21 November 2008 04:41 PM

Post a pic of your engine bay and I'm sure your question will be answered. I must admit its unlikely to fit :( . I have a Bailey on mine and have no trouble at all with it :D

**waits for barrage of abuse :fight:**

Mines an MY97 uk turbo (v3 equivalent, black dials, no cubbyhole etc) BTW

rich08 21 November 2008 04:48 PM

well to be honest mate i thought my baileys was all good up until earlier when they told me i have a leak in my boost, so i think its my dump valve but will find out tomorrow morning after i have picked my forge one up!