ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Average speed cameras on every road!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/712569-average-speed-cameras-on-every-road.html)

The Chief 16 September 2008 08:39 AM

Average speed cameras on every road!!!

PistonHeads Headlines

Oh dear:(

myblackwrx 16 September 2008 08:48 AM

Expect to see more of this then Speed Cameras

The Chief 16 September 2008 08:49 AM

Or this!!!!

Car and bike flip down number plate used to hide your plate from radar detectors, gatsos, speed camaras and is un-detectable when fitted:thumb:

myblackwrx 16 September 2008 08:52 AM

Problem is with those is that you still have to pay attention to the surroundings so you can flip the switch still may be worth a punt.

PeteBrant 16 September 2008 08:55 AM

I;m going to invent a flip down plate covering device, that is linked to a GPS system. It flips down when it knows the camera is there, and then flips back up after.

THe deluxe version will also have a laser detector.

And then I'm going to go on dragons den.

The Chief 16 September 2008 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 8135061)
I;m going to invent a flip down plate covering device, that is linked to a GPS system. It flips down when it knows the camera is there, and then flips back up after.

Good idea mate, fancy taking anyone on board who can can get it made in China?:D

myblackwrx 16 September 2008 09:02 AM

Well you better get on with it then:)

PeteBrant 16 September 2008 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by The Chief (Post 8135079)
Good idea mate, fancy taking anyone on board who can can get it made in China?:D

Thats the manufacturing director position gone, then.

All we need now is a market manager, you know, someone that can spout bollocks. And a P.A, who is a woman and has enourmous breasticles.

s1lko 16 September 2008 09:17 AM

I'm a copywriter for a marketing and PR firm, so I can talk bollocks until the cows come home. Possibly even longer...

boxst 16 September 2008 09:20 AM

And you need a company lawyer who can argue that your device isn't trying to pervert the course of justice ...

Steve

Scoobychick 16 September 2008 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 8135095)
Thats the manufacturing director position gone, then.

All we need now is a market manager, you know, someone that can spout bollocks. And a P.A, who is a woman and has enourmous breasticles.

Can I bagsie one of those two positions? :luxhello:

s1lko 16 September 2008 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by boxst (Post 8135121)
And you need a company lawyer who can argue that your device isn't trying to pervert the course of justice ...

...and I've got a friend who's a corporate lawyer[/I]

PeteBrant 16 September 2008 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Scoobychick (Post 8135128)
Can I bagsie one of those two positions? :luxhello:

Of course you can Sal. What are your qualifications? :D

Puff The Magic Wagon! 16 September 2008 10:42 AM

They calculate the average speed of vehicles and eliminate the possibility of slowing down to pass a camera.
You try telling that to the numbskills who slam their brakes on when they see them :rolleyes:

Scoobychick 16 September 2008 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 8135326)
Of course you can Sal. What are your qualifications? :D

I talk bollocks and have large breasticles :thumb:

Actually, save yourself a few quid and I'll do both jobs as one :D

corradoboy 16 September 2008 11:00 AM

They measure between points up to six miles apart, so I can go mental for 5 3/4 miles, then pull up, pick my nose briefly and then fly past the next one and on for another 5 3/4 miles in readiness for another bogey. Their use will probably mean even less traffic cops out there so intelligent abuse of the systems limitations will be commonplace :D

corradoboy 16 September 2008 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Scoobychick (Post 8135358)

We are well aware you can talk bollocks, but I'm afraid I need to see touch proof of the other qualification :norty:

PeteBrant 16 September 2008 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Scoobychick (Post 8135358)

Excellent.

You can be on a performance related pay scheme - The larger your norks get and the more ****e you spout, the bigger your bonus.

Nat 16 September 2008 11:58 AM

I think speed camera are a good thing.

I've thought about it and realised that they just mean that all the dense, clueless people will be forced off the roads as it's only this type of driver they catch. This will leave all the decent drivers on the road which will make it a better place to drive :)

Puff The Magic Wagon! 16 September 2008 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Nat21 (Post 8135467)
I think speed camera are a good thing.

I've thought about it and realised that they just mean that all the dense, clueless people will be forced off the roads as it's only this type of driver they catch. This will leave all the decent drivers on the road which will make it a better place to drive :)

I was hoping the price of fuel would do that but all we seem to get now is slower dense cluseless people :rolleyes: :freak3:

TelBoy 16 September 2008 12:33 PM

Steve

Count me out :mad:

Leslie 16 September 2008 12:38 PM

The "Stasi" will come and get you at 3 in the morning if you do that!

Les :)

The Chief 16 September 2008 12:41 PM

Steve

A company used to sell these in Manchester for bikes donkeys years ago, they said it was for cleaning under the number plate:)

SJ_Skyline 16 September 2008 12:52 PM

Don't worry, if you've done nothing wrong then you will have nothing to hide. :thumb: