ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Apexi Power FC on a 1997 Type R (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/673006-apexi-power-fc-on-a-1997-type-r.html)

Knighty99 08 March 2008 05:48 PM

Apexi Power FC on a 1997 Type R

As above is this the right way to go in regards to start tuning and are they good value for money or is there another option ?
Where to get one fitted around the hertfordshire area?
Cheers Dan

andy97 10 March 2008 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Knighty99 (Post 7716269)
As above is this the right way to go in regards to start tuning and are they good value for money or is there another option ?
Cheers Dan

Dan i'll have one for sale very soon, next 14 days pm me if you are interested

Andy

ESH 10 March 2008 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Knighty99 (Post 7716269)
Cheers Dan

I have one on my 97 v4 Type R, fitted and mapped by API. I'd not fit and run an ECU mapped for another car. VFM is down to you really. It would depend on what mods you have now and what you may plan for later. I had mine fitted as I've had my car mildly tuned and to also take advantage of UK fuel.

Not sure of current prices but mine cost about £850.00 plus £250ish to map.

Call API if you want more info & you can pm me if you want anymore info.

PS I'm in London if you want to have a look

STI Pretender 11 March 2008 11:40 AM

Try Apexi, Blitz, HKS, Nismo, Greddy and other JDM Parts direct from Japan - Nengun Performance got my V3/4 Apexi Power FC & Commander for £446 delivered and will be mapped for £280 by Andy Forrest Performance.

Sorry meant to add £24 for importing (VAT & fee)

andy97 11 March 2008 11:50 AM

Everyone seems to forget vat so 552.25 and then 280 + vat from Andy

Jam Performance 11 March 2008 12:34 PM

Or £500 delivered inc VAT:

Apexi Power FC Ecu With Commander Subaru Impreza on eBay, also Engine Tuning Parts, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 12-Mar-08 09:18:15 GMT)

Plus mapping so £750-800 all in. :norty:

banny sti 11 March 2008 12:40 PM

Defo recommend Vision Performance, awesome customer service and Jolly Green Monster for the remap at £250.

I have had 4 remaps from Simon and the car has got better each time, got a 5th one booked for next monday on the new spec (view my scooby) and a friends 2.5 classic that should crack 500bhp!

Banny

Jam Performance 11 March 2008 12:45 PM

Yup JGM is a top guy and mapper!

Knighty99 11 March 2008 08:12 PM

Cheers 4 the advice guys, think i will look into gettin 1 in the near future.
Do u recomend getting it de catted and fmic b4 having the apexi fitted? Also n e other mods worth doin b4 the apexi being fitted?

jaytc2003 11 March 2008 10:18 PM

no real need for a fmic unless going for mega power, decat is a wise move but think about your mot. Could go for a sports cat which should keep you legal unless you know a friendly station.

would uprate the fuel pump and also maybe get an adjustable fuel regulator so you can have a bit of headroom when having it mapped.
Also maybe think about upgrading the brakes as they will make the car faster as well (and give confidence with fast driving :D )

Knighty99 12 March 2008 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by jaytc2003 (Post 7724418)
no real need for a fmic unless going for mega power, decat is a wise move but think about your mot. Could go for a sports cat which should keep you legal unless you know a friendly station.

would uprate the fuel pump and also maybe get an adjustable fuel regulator so you can have a bit of headroom when having it mapped.
Also maybe think about upgrading the brakes as they will make the car faster as well (and give confidence with fast driving :D )

Yes i know a friendly mot station:D yea good idea for the fuel pump n regulator, as for the FMIC they just look cool and if i do ever think about goin mad with power its good to have it there already i suppose?
And the brakes are a definate upgrade job!!:thumb: