ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   power loss turbo 2000 (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/664999-power-loss-turbo-2000-a.html)

sssssteeeee 04 February 2008 12:13 AM

power loss turbo 2000

hello there ok so i have a question im hoping is common,i drive the car moderately gently changing gears at around 1500-2000 rpm 1,2,3,4 to av 40 mph as dictated by the laws of the queens hi way! :lol1: im finding that any other car on rd is leavin me behind quite fast unless i turbo it and then im leaving them behind,i had my scoob four years are they bit slow and dumpy in low revs??? than the average car?? the power output when giving it some is still very good prob 0-60 in 5 or so seconds,but hey i dont want to b driving about like that. my car is uk spec t 2000. had 2 timming belts fitted,160,000 on clock shes an old girl bless her!still looks awsome .:luvlove: hope someone will reply to my above question.:thumb:

snowyEJ20 04 February 2008 12:34 AM

Maybe all the other cars around you are diesels :lol1: :lol1: My car is the same mate. The age of her wouldn't help nor would lag but at that low RPM, lag wouldn't be a huge factor. I think its just the nature of the old girls :thumb: At least you know there's power there when you need it...

rs250gpracer 04 February 2008 01:22 AM

40 mph zone... 1st WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
2nd WAAAAAAA 40mph
3rd WA
4th (i cant hear it).......
2nd WAAAAAAAAAA ahh i love it!!!!!

ollyit 04 February 2008 10:36 AM

I think I know what youre saying, I think generally you just get used to the car and its pontential power to be honest, I dont hoon it around and drive sensibly, and just the odd blast now and again - I was questioning myself only the other day about a similar thing, when you want it to be using the gears it'll pIss on most cars for sure and can easily be a calmly driven sleeper - I wasted a rather annoying very much asking for it saxo driver yesterday it was pretty much on too wheels, bloomin waste of space all noise and no go - they still keep trying tho dont they, muppets -

back to the topic I wonder what potential bhp loss from the standard 215bhp setups we have (although mine is slightly modded) we are dealing with any ideas, mines a 1999 T reg, well maintained with 103k - any ideas? thanks boys

New_scooby_04 04 February 2008 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by sssssteeeee (Post 7623850)
hello there ok so i have a question im hoping is common,i drive the car moderately gently changing gears at around 1500-2000 rpm 1,2,3,4 to av 40 mph as dictated by the laws of the queens hi way! :lol1: im finding that any other car on rd is leavin me behind quite fast unless i turbo it and then im leaving them behind,i had my scoob four years are they bit slow and dumpy in low revs??? than the average car?? the power output when giving it some is still very good prob 0-60 in 5 or so seconds,but hey i dont want to b driving about like that. my car is uk spec t 2000. had 2 timming belts fitted,160,000 on clock shes an old girl bless her!still looks awsome .:luvlove: hope someone will reply to my above question.:thumb:

If you're changing up at 1500-2000rpm, what do you expect?? :) You'll most likely find that the others cars are leaving it somewhat later than that. Get in a 1.6 Astra and try doing what you do in your scooby and see what happens! ;)

projectsubaru 04 February 2008 01:49 PM

1.5- 2k when changing gear you must be at idle when the next ratio kicks in. I rev my to 3kish whilst its warming up and then a bit more once its up to temp. I find the same thig tho unless i have 3.5k revs or more other cars will fly by this is annoying when approaching slow roandabouts where low speed response is very bad, even in 1st or 2nd. What year turbo 2000? as if its a classic non facelift saloon then you have a fairly big turbo td05 16g and thats where the lag comes from.

Jolly Green Monster 04 February 2008 03:14 PM

lol @ the WAAAAAA