ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   PSP to PS3?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/660970-psp-to-ps3.html)

SteveJT 18 January 2008 05:42 AM

PSP to PS3??

Forgive me if this has already been asked but im stumped. I got a shiney new PS3 40GB for Crimbo and am struggling to set it up to play wireless with my beloved PSP. I have read the very vague and useless instructions, updated my PSP as requested but it keep saying I have to connect an ethernet cable?? I thought this was to play online with the PS3 not to link it to my PSP??? Anyone had the same trouble??

Also out of all the games I have Assassins Creed keeps locking the PS3 up at certain points, I have changed the game and still experience the same problem?? no other games do this and play fine any suggestions??

Boro 19 January 2008 04:58 PM

I did this a couple of weeks back. Complete waste of time.

Didnt need an ethernet cable though. I connected the PSP to the PS3 with the usb cable, did the update and then you could operate the PS3 using the PSP as a controller. All the PS3 menus appear on the PSP screen.

God knows why you would want to view the PS3 on your PSP screen though.

I tried playing a few demos and one game and it said they werent compatible,

Obviously the feature must be of some use, but i cant think of it.

lee-swindon 19 January 2008 07:00 PM

when playing formula 1 you can use the psp as a rear view mirror!!

jpor 20 January 2008 03:19 PM

Yep you you need to update the firmware on the PSP to the latest. The only game I saw previewed to use a PSP with the PS3 what Formula 1 on gamer.tv. And that's so you could use the PSP as a door mirror feature. I do also beleive you can use it to tranfer music from one another etc..

SteveJT 22 January 2008 07:31 AM

Thanks for that, guess its congratulations to Sony for making a useless connection between the two!:mad:

PeteBrant 22 January 2008 09:10 AM

Plus of course you can download Original PS games through PSN and download them to your PSP to play - You will also soon be able to stream bluray video to your PSP over the wireless network. ANd you can stream stuff the other way obviously.

You can remotely control the PS3 via your PSP from anywhere in the world (for when the PVR functions kick in)

There'll be loads more cool little things in the pipeline.

FX02 22 January 2008 04:29 PM

On the subject of psp's and without trying to go off topic, I have been thinking of getting one of these for my lad and I've seen some advertised on ebay with remarks such as "Custom firmware" or "version xxx firmware". Does this mean they have updated the firmware through Sony, or is there something better out there?

bob269 22 January 2008 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by FX02 (Post 7586742)
On the subject of psp's and without trying to go off topic, I have been thinking of getting one of these for my lad and I've seen some advertised on ebay with remarks such as "Custom firmware" or "version xxx firmware". Does this mean they have updated the firmware through Sony, or is there something better out there?

The older firmware's allowed the psp to be opened up to play pirate games amongst other things, Sony plugged the hole by upgrading the firmware, people still sell them advertising the older firmware as a selling feature.

PeteBrant 22 January 2008 04:58 PM

There is plenty of custom firmware out there that can let you play Emulators/pirated games

(Some of the emulators are absolutely fantastic)

Basically they fool your PSP into thinking it has the lastest version of the firmware (newer games will insist on newer firmware) so that you can still run emulators etc, whilst still being able to play the latest games.

This is easier to do with PSP with older firmware, because it takes a while for people to crack the lastest firmware.

However, it will always be managed, so regardless of what firmware you have, at some point it will get cracked.

FX02 22 January 2008 05:06 PM

Thanks for the quick answers chaps :)

ScoTTyB 22 January 2008 06:44 PM

1.50 is the original and easily upgraded firmware.

RB5-Black 22 January 2008 09:49 PM

every version of the firmware has been hacked

I just upped my psp to 3.80M33-5 ..... Dark_alex's custom hacked firmware. Streaming music to my kitchen stereo is the only thing I do with my PSP now and I wanted the internet radio functions of 3.80