ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Trader Announcements (https://www.scoobynet.com/trader-announcements-363/)
-   -   B&M Quickshift Revolution Special Offer!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/trader-announcements-363/660841-b-and-m-quickshift-revolution-special-offer.html)

REVOLUTION 17 January 2008 06:24 PM

B&M Quickshift Revolution Special Offer!!!

Hi All

First of all Happy New Year to all members.

To start the year off we have a special one off deal on the B&M quickshift for all 2004 onwards right hand drive 6 speed STi's.

This is a simple to install kit which comes complete with all fitting parts required including bushes and reduces the shift throw by approx 21% over the original.
This will take the original STi gearknob or aftermarket ones.
If required, fitting or delivery can be arranged at very reasonable rates.

RRP on this kit is £159.99
We have 10 kits @ only £69.99

PM me or give me a call on 0191 4619200 to take advantage of this fantastic January offer, and don't forget if there is anything your looking for please drop us a line.

Only valid while stocks last, so dont complain if we run out!!!

Keith
Revolution
Revolution Performance Motorstore :: Alloy Wheels, Tyres, Auto* Performance and Styling Parts

imf1 17 January 2008 07:55 PM

YHPM :)

These fit 04 blobeye?

chris-boris 18 January 2008 08:33 AM

If this was for the classic i would have called by now d'oh!

bigsmiffy 21 January 2008 09:11 AM

Super Service from Keith at Revolution

Ordered Fri Arrived 8.30 today, looks a nice piece of kit, plus comprehensive instructions for a change!!! Thanks Keith, there’s a video of how to fit a Cobb version but the same principle here HSPN TV - HD Videos on Demand - Powered by HSPN Networks, LLC

:luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello:

jiffthejiffmanjaffa 21 January 2008 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by chris-boris (Post 7573174)
If this was for the classic i would have called by now d'oh!

Same here

B0DSKI 21 January 2008 01:45 PM

Keith will this fit MY2003 STi Blobeye????

imf1 21 January 2008 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by B0DSKI (Post 7583089)
Keith will this fit MY2003 STi Blobeye????

I think so mate, I got one for my 04 which is same as yours, haven't fitted yet but instructions show pic of Blob.
It is a US company and I think the Sti blob 6spd must have been released as 04.

B0DSKI 21 January 2008 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by imf1 (Post 7583274)
I think so mate, I got one for my 04 which is same as yours, haven't fitted yet but instructions show pic of Blob.
It is a US company and I think the Sti blob 6spd must have been released as 04.

Cheers Frosty just what i thought, a Blobeyes a Blobeye afterall :thumb:

REVOLUTION 22 January 2008 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by bigsmiffy (Post 7582350)
Ordered Fri Arrived 8.30 today, looks a nice piece of kit, plus comprehensive instructions for a change!!! Thanks Keith, there’s a video of how to fit a Cobb version but the same principle here HSPN TV - HD Videos on Demand - Powered by HSPN Networks, LLC

:luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello:

Hi mate

No problem.
Glad you received it in time.

Keith

In answer to other people's questions, yes it will fit the blobeye and bugeye 6 speed STI's.

As someone has mentioned B&M are an American company and they only list it for their '04 on cars.
Sorry for the confusion in my original post.

Thanks

Keith

stevebt 27 January 2008 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by REVOLUTION (Post 7571765)

I only checked my receipt today and when I came in to buy one you have charged me £79.99 !!! I'll call in sometime for a nice refund ;)

B0DSKI 28 January 2008 11:40 AM

Ordered :thumb:

B0DSKI 29 January 2008 12:33 PM

Just arived :D Great service as ever :thumb: Thanks Keith

REVOLUTION 29 January 2008 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by B0DSKI (Post 7607414)
Just arived :D Great service as ever :thumb: Thanks Keith

No problem Boyd.

Glad to be of service.

Keith

mickaldo 05 February 2008 07:27 PM

how long would you say it should take a proffesional garage to fit one of these kits from start to finnish.

REVOLUTION 06 February 2008 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by mickaldo (Post 7628511)
how long would you say it should take a proffesional garage to fit one of these kits from start to finnish.

Hi

These should take about an hour to fit by a competent mechanic.
If you want one be quick as there aren't many left.

Cheers

Keith

0191 4619200

bonzee 06 February 2008 12:38 PM

just ordered this min:luxhello: should be here tommorow.
top man keith:thumb:
cheers
bonzee

REVOLUTION 07 February 2008 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by bonzee (Post 7630255)
just ordered this min:luxhello: should be here tommorow.
top man keith:thumb:
cheers
bonzee

Not a problem mate.

Cheers

Keith

bonzee 07 February 2008 02:29 PM

quickshift just came this min:luxhello: so be putting this on later:norty:
once again cheers keith :thumb:
super fast delivery

Elmer Fudpucker 08 February 2008 01:12 PM

Fitted mine this morning:thumb:

The new shifter sits perhaps 3/4 inch taller than stock,but the throw is miles shorter,took me a bit by surprise at first!

It takes a little more effort to change gear now,maybe that will ease up in time but does seem to give a more precise feel,if still a little notchy.All in all very pleased:)

nb.the instructions are slighty different for an 07.The plate that they tell you to reverse will infact need cutting as per the Cobb fitting video,or at least the spot welded tabs will need twatting off:D

B0DSKI 09 February 2008 08:44 AM

:lol1: Twatting off :thumb:

bonzee 09 February 2008 02:51 PM

Fitted mine,nice tight gear changes feels more solid as said before bit more effort to change gear but should ease up with use.Very straight forward to fit, hour tops(and put every thing back in the garage)03 sti no cutting needed just (twatting off):lol1: of the 2 tabs and spin round:thumb:
cheers
bonzee

mickaldo 09 February 2008 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Elmer Fudpucker (Post 7636273)
Fitted mine this morning:thumb:

The new shifter sits perhaps 3/4 inch taller than stock,but the throw is miles shorter,took me a bit by surprise at first!

It takes a little more effort to change gear now,maybe that will ease up in time but does seem to give a more precise feel,if still a little notchy.All in all very pleased:)

nb.the instructions are slighty different for an 07.The plate that they tell you to reverse will infact need cutting as per the Cobb fitting video,or at least the spot welded tabs will need twatting off:D

do you find there is a little play in the shift as in 1st to 2nd and 3rd to 4th also do you get more transmission noise coming through it?

bonzee 09 February 2008 04:59 PM

i've just come back from a good blast gearchanges all nice and tight no throw that i've noticed :thumb:

Elmer Fudpucker 09 February 2008 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by mickaldo (Post 7639218)
do you find there is a little play in the shift as in 1st to 2nd and 3rd to 4th also do you get more transmission noise coming through it?

Well no,none at all.If anything any slop/play in the gearchange has been improved and certainly no extra transmission noise.

imf1 10 February 2008 10:47 AM

I fitted all the parts, inc bushes and mine was too stiff and a whine from transmission was quite loud, left it for a week and didn't improve, in fact started to get some vibration on the gearstick occasionally:(

Changed the front bush back to original and sooooooo much better, no noise or rattles and still a good shift, stiffer than standard but ok and very positive.

Only took 30mins to change back, all work under car.
:D

magicgreg 10 February 2008 11:53 AM

Is this stiffer change and notchyness worth getting this fitted then?

Do the improvements in reduced throw outweigh the downsides?

Cheers

G

mickaldo 10 February 2008 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by imf1 (Post 7641017)
I fitted all the parts, inc bushes and mine was too stiff and a whine from transmission was quite loud, left it for a week and didn't improve, in fact started to get some vibration on the gearstick occasionally:(

Changed the front bush back to original and sooooooo much better, no noise or rattles and still a good shift, stiffer than standard but ok and very positive.

Only took 30mins to change back, all work under car.
:D

the front bush is that the one under the car, i also get vibration and whining. i ask this because i had mine fitted while the car was having a service and rear ap,s fitted. I think the mechanic must of been a bit of a knob because he didnt put the metal sleave in the bush near the leaver that is the reason i was having movement backwards and forwards. to top it all the robing *******s charged me 2 hours labour at £47.50 per hour. i know who ill be phoning in the morning.

imf1 10 February 2008 03:56 PM

Both bushes are under car, one is forward of the gearstick which has the metal sleeve which connects the gear change to the gearbox selector, and the other is to the rear and has two mounting bolts to hold it in place.

imf1 10 February 2008 03:57 PM

I think its wortwhile, better IMHO.

dunx 19 February 2008 07:55 PM

Hi imf1,
How hard a job is this, did you have access to "proper" garage gear, or is it a "driveway" friendly task ?

Thanks

DunxC