ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Ireland & Northern Ireland (https://www.scoobynet.com/ireland-and-northern-ireland-27/)
-   -   theft (https://www.scoobynet.com/ireland-and-northern-ireland-27/660019-theft.html)

wills 78 14 January 2008 06:15 PM

theft

i became another member of the comon theif in da early hrs of saturday morning, parked the car up outside flat inside culdasac at 12a.m and looked out the window on way to bed at 2a.m and all was good not being very alert as i had a half days wrk on the farm as well as my fulltime job i slept right away looked back out the window at 9a.m and no subaru.. phoned the police and gave them the situation and had a call back 45mins later that they had found her abondened 10mins up the rd.. this has been the 3rd attempt on my car in 6weeks, i was able to deter them twice before nearly endangering myself in the process 2nd time.. im in no doubt this been the same scum and dad is anxious for me to let her go.. police let myself recover the car which i found uncommen and i have readilly got parts back into her in last 24hrs a friend was very good to me with a second hand model same as my own and ive been able to transfer parts over i had her part set up for the mot this friday night im that scundered im in to mines about keeping her they nicked off with my steering wheel, had 2 re wire her at steering collum replace the 2 front windows replace wheel and drivers door lock, and a second hand key barrell.. the immobalizer impressed me a small bit my mechanic says it had kicked in and shes jst shut down pity it couldent of wrked a bit sooner, the cb and stereo system was untouched for some unknown reason.. as of 2night the dogs will be sleeping inside her until i source a burglar alarm this weekend..:o :cry:

shea2k 14 January 2008 07:03 PM

F**KING Hell man!!!!! I dont envy you. You're obviously being targeted by some scum bags!!! I'd half imagine that no matter what car you replace it with, you're not going to have the same bother again! :( Jesus! I hate people that just can't let you be!

You're not allowed to work hard and have something nice for yourself in this friggin coutry!!!:mad:

Sorry for your troubles lad!

fifty 14 January 2008 07:09 PM

get a good alarm,an insurance approved one so then you get a few quid off your insurance,i have a real good alarm with built in imobliser i can hardly start it lol but i hate to hear that kid its terrible but for 2 or 3hundred quid fitted youll get peace of mind,they are the lowest of the low

BrocaghJohn 14 January 2008 07:14 PM

Sorry to hear that man, dont drop the chin.

John

c0lin 14 January 2008 07:15 PM

aww no way mate!! thats desperate! at least u got her back tho!!

were u in glengormley this evenin, around 5ish??

stevie_g2007 14 January 2008 07:23 PM

reallly sorry to hear that m8:(

bekee 14 January 2008 07:25 PM

thats wild. id kill the kunts

RB5 Boyo 14 January 2008 07:33 PM

Do like me, get a big alsation and leave him to watch the car!! Dirty b******s!!

Scobman 14 January 2008 08:10 PM

Sorry to hear about that. I think you really should be allowed to kick the livin s**t out of these wee scumbags.... they are of no fn use to anyone!

Dont let them get the better of ya. :thumb:

OLLIeRB5 14 January 2008 08:13 PM

i`m your man for an alarm if needed mate ;)

so many people being targetted atm. its insane!

i`m quite paranoid as mines in a garage and i`m on the other side of town!!!

petedotuk 14 January 2008 08:35 PM

Feck me m8,
I think some bumfluff moustache wearing west belfast person doesnt like u.

Have u thought about getting 1 of them discreet cctv cameras? at least if u caught these feckers on camera the police might be able 2 get a prosecution. R would the feckers say that was entrapment!!!!

We could even have a steakout near ur street and get the *******s!

Very sorry for ur hassles

daddyscoob 14 January 2008 08:38 PM

sorry to hear this..... also sorry the world has so many low life scumbag thieving ba****d c**ts who will steal what somone has worked hard for. Lets hope they die an early and very painful death

Rant over......

ulsterscooby 14 January 2008 09:35 PM

Glad you got her back mate it really seems that these scumbags have upped their game are are now targeting more high end performance cars usually 1990s motors.
Every day there is some where in county antrim with a car stolen or attempted theft.

A good aftermarket alarm and a few discarded syringes ( these can be found near the homes of the scum doing the stealing ) poking out of the back of the drivers seat.

I personally think that since the cut backs the psni dont really have a snowballs hope in hell of catching all of them.

but hey they see the error of their ways in the end

Joyrider, 15, killed in Dublin

View Gallery
A teenage joyrider was killed when a stolen car collided with a tree. The 15-year-old boy was driving a Nissan Micra when the accident happened in north Dublin.
Investigating gardai said the vehicle hit a tree on the Greendale Road in Raheny. The boy was taken to Beaumont Hospital where he was pronounced dead shortly afterwards.

The scene has been technically examined by crash investigators, according to gardai.

fabiostar 14 January 2008 09:43 PM

dispose of the little feckers

sorry to hear the scum were round at the car.:mad: .looks like maybe they have moved on from stealing cars outa antrim and are gona start in another area now..

im sorry but if they visit me and i hear them ill not be out on any scooby runs for about 8 years or so.and the do gooders that pretect these scum deserve the same

fabio:mad:

bushiwarrior 14 January 2008 10:18 PM

so sorry to hear that mate can i ask in which area are they stealing from now, general area is fine?

c0lin 14 January 2008 10:32 PM

aye mate wich area are u in?? pm me if ya dnt wana publicise it ?

ulsterscooby 15 January 2008 12:47 AM

Think will is up larne way

Andy '00 15 January 2008 09:36 AM

Nightmmare mate, RB5 boyo has the right idea, 2 or 3 German Shepards in the yard and your spark plug leads by the bed side, hope all gets resolved.

wills 78 15 January 2008 06:24 PM

:wonder: thanks for the thots lads am still quite mistified about the whole goings on ive never heard of a subaru being left abondened so early into it being taken, she was discovered 10 mins up the the rd from were i flat in larne < top of criagyhill>.. minus a steering wheel which geoff confirmed with me is quite hard to get off.. cb unit and stereo system left in tact although shes quite difficult to lock and open today but im wrking on it lol and the temp gauge is rising olso im hopefull with a chance 2morr in daylight it might jst be a connection knocked off sumwere looks like i might decide on giving the track rollin day a miss the now, trying to get organized for my mot friday night fingers crossed lol...

ulsterscooby 15 January 2008 06:53 PM

Funny they took Normans steering wheel from his skyline although he did disturb them.

wills 78 15 January 2008 07:28 PM

:o their must be a thing for steering wheels going on the now a good leathering wouldent go amiss.. policeman asked me olso if i had her locked! at time of theft.. hello! i said to him 2 feckin broken windows!.. ah yes so ur right he replies doh!.

mad555 15 January 2008 08:17 PM

:mad:

Originally Posted by wills 78 (Post 7565144)
:o their must be a thing for steering wheels going on.

Are the wee w@nkers selling them on Ebay??,lets face it theyed be brassednecked enough for it.!! :mad:

ulsterscooby 15 January 2008 10:52 PM

im thinking they might need the wheels to steal other cars must be some reason for it

bekee 16 January 2008 08:10 AM

BOYS DONT GIVE OUT TOO MUCH INFO ONLINE ABOUT WHER UR SCOOB IS........U NEVER NOW WHO IS READING THIS

beefo 16 January 2008 10:08 AM

Sorry to hear about this mate. At least your not sittin watchin it being wrecked and burnt out on youtube!!
They are probably using the steering wheels as trophies. "I stole this one from a scoob!" etc.
Although is it not a design on some cars that too much force to break the steering lock will damage the wheel/column? i may be talking bull but when they tried to steal my 1600 turbo replica they ripped the steering wheel clean off trying to break the steering lock, well at least the f****rs never got it!!

petedotuk 16 January 2008 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by beefo (Post 7566669)
Sorry to hear about this mate. At least your not sittin watchin it being wrecked and burnt out on youtube!!
They are probably using the steering wheels as trophies. "I stole this one from a scoob!" etc.
Although is it not a design on some cars that too much force to break the steering lock will damage the wheel/column? i may be talking bull but when they tried to steal my 1600 turbo replica they ripped the steering wheel clean off trying to break the steering lock, well at least the f****rs never got it!!

around 100% of cars nowadays have a collapsable steering. When a tramp tries 2 break the steering lock they have to jerk the steering left 2 right usually with some sort of lever/bar this causes the coloum 2 collapse. Still driveable but not safe. Did ur coloum break making the wheel come off r did the wheel just come off?

beefo 16 January 2008 08:39 PM

yeah the column broke at the wheel so i had to replace the whole column. so they took the radio just as a kick in the balls as well!!bastids!