ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   ecu pin numbers (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/656546-ecu-pin-numbers.html)

thewhitewarrior 30 December 2007 06:52 PM

ecu pin numbers

i am trying to find the pin numbers on the ecu for the coil packs, i have only got a spark on the no4 plug, so i just want to check if there is a signal from the ecu to tell the engine to spark on the other plugs, does anyone know which pins they are, cheers phil.

N602 WRX 30 December 2007 07:38 PM

b44 plug (biggest one)
cylinder 1-pin 10
cylinder 2-pin 9
cylinder 3-pin 8
cylinder 4-pin 7

thewhitewarrior 30 December 2007 08:13 PM

thanks, ill take a look tomorrow, is there numbers on the ecu or on the plug, or is it just knowing where number 1 is and go from there, have you got any diagrams on all the pins, or is there somewhere i can look on the net, cheers phil.

N602 WRX 30 December 2007 10:04 PM

Tryed to upload the picture to no avail! If you do a search on here im sure youl find it! But if your looking at the ecu in the car, its the plug at the top. it will have 2 rows of 13. there numbered right to left, so '1' is in the top right corner of the plug

Jolly Green Monster 30 December 2007 10:34 PM

try here

Simon

thewhitewarrior 31 December 2007 08:47 AM

thanks for the help once again simon, you site is pretty helpfull, cheers phil.

thewhitewarrior 31 December 2007 10:27 AM

is there any way to wire up the coils from the ecu, or do the wires from the ecu go to somewhere before going to the coils, i think my loom has some brakes in it, cheers phil.

Jolly Green Monster 31 December 2007 10:40 AM

they go to the ignitor on the drivers inner wing.. however iirc you have just fitted the engine? I doubt it is related to wiring, although double check the plugs by the battery, unconnect and reconnect incase they are dirty etc..

problem sounds more like cam wheels or crank / cam sensor problem.

Simon

thewhitewarrior 31 December 2007 10:46 AM

i forgot to mension, the car has had some other work done and could have disturbed a few wires, where abouts in the drivers inner wing is the ignitor, and what does it look like, cheers phil.

Jolly Green Monster 31 December 2007 12:07 PM

on the back of the bracket the boost solenoid is on etc, flat and square about 2inches across

thewhitewarrior 31 December 2007 01:52 PM

i changed it for another, and it was that, yeeeeehoooo, BUT it turned off after about fifteen minutes and now wont start, when the ignition is turned on the check engine light isnt on any more, any ideas, thanks phil.

thewhitewarrior 31 December 2007 02:12 PM

oh and it doesnt click any relays or the fuel pump doesnt come on, is there a main fuse or something that have gone.

Jolly Green Monster 31 December 2007 02:32 PM

see other thread