ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Virgin Media Issues (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/654590-virgin-media-issues.html)

pimmo2000 18 December 2007 10:29 PM

Virgin Media Issues

How many people felt the backlash or joined the que today ??

My internet is running a bit ****ty now.. all the UBRs in the country rebooted and a few didnt come back online !!

Rather a large issue !

BBC NEWS | Technology | Virgin users hit by online outage

myblackwrx 18 December 2007 11:07 PM

No problems for me (surfing the net or Xbox live)

albob 18 December 2007 11:20 PM

mine went off last night - but was back on this morning, and is running fine now :)

Sonic' 18 December 2007 11:56 PM

last night mine went off for an hour or so

The Chief 19 December 2007 01:02 AM

My box froze - when i tried re-booting it goes as far as saying 'Virgin Media' Powering up and just stays like that - no feckin' tv:mad:

Mogsi 19 December 2007 08:53 AM

Ahh I did wonder what the problem was, mine went off at around 9pm on Tuesday evening, was back on in the morning though....

JohnS 19 December 2007 10:10 AM

I've had awful problems with my Virgin media broadband connection (not cable) for a few months now.

For the past week or so it's been getting worse, and getting page cannot be displayed problems constantly. Even trying to get to google.co.uk can be difficult, which can take up to 30 seconds to display during the evenings and many refreshes.

Performance is fine at 6am and most of the day, but at about 4pm it slows down, and between 7pm and 10pm it's virtually unusable, being unable to connect to most websites, and when you do it's slow.

I'm guessing it's contention at my local exchange, but not sure if there's anything that can be done about it. I've not been able to find an email address for their support people, as I'm not keen on paying 50p a minute to go through all the basic and obvious checks like is there anything else plugged into the phone line, reboot the router, restart the PC etc.

Has anyone got any contact details @ Virgin Media that might be able to help ?

John

myblackwrx 19 December 2007 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by JohnS (Post 7494551)
I've had awful problems with my Virgin media broadband connection (not cable) for a few months now.

For the past week or so it's been getting worse, and getting page cannot be displayed problems constantly. Even trying to get to google.co.uk can be difficult, which can take up to 30 seconds to display during the evenings and many refreshes.

Performance is fine at 6am and most of the day, but at about 4pm it slows down, and between 7pm and 10pm it's virtually unusable, being unable to connect to most websites, and when you do it's slow.

I'm guessing it's contention at my local exchange, but not sure if there's anything that can be done about it. I've not been able to find an email address for their support people, as I'm not keen on paying 50p a minute to go through all the basic and obvious checks like is there anything else plugged into the phone line, reboot the router, restart the PC etc.

Has anyone got any contact details @ Virgin Media that might be able to help ?

John

Speak to pimmo2000 (the OP) he works for them.

JohnS 19 December 2007 03:10 PM

Oops, sorry didn't realise that!

Granby 19 December 2007 04:29 PM

Luckily i was one of the "re-connected within 10 minutes" :notworthy

pimmo2000 19 December 2007 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by myblackwrx (Post 7494834)
Speak to pimmo2000 (the OP) he works for them.

:Suspiciou I work for the Cable I.E NTL@Telewest.. ADSL is Virgin.. sorry dude I cant do anything but offer advise.

DrEvil 19 December 2007 05:59 PM

My cable bb died for around 2hours that night, being on-call this week I was less than amused!

Simon C 19 December 2007 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by DrEvil (Post 7495561)
My cable bb died for around 2hours that night, being on-call this week I was less than amused!

Mine that night too, thankfully restored by the time I got home the following night. As with Dr Evil, I'm on call backup, but had to arrange cover for myself just in case.

2 more months and I'm out of Virgins reach.

pimmo2000 19 December 2007 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by DrEvil (Post 7495561)

:Suspiciou You lose connection once and are not amused... I'm shocked to find a customer that doesnt lose connection daily !!

JackClark 19 December 2007 06:32 PM

My connection has dropped to 1meg tonight, very rare that it's anything but spot on.

pimmo2000 19 December 2007 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 7495649)
My connection has dropped to 1meg tonight, very rare that it's anything but spot on.

Traffic managment ?

ozzy 20 December 2007 11:41 AM

I'm continually having to reboot the modem at home. Went from 2Meg up to 20meg and very rarely get anything above 10meg. For £37 per month, it's a joke. I'll be going back to 2meg or moving elsewhere in the new year.

JackClark 20 December 2007 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 7495824)
Traffic managment ?

Wouldn't have thought so, I'm pretty far from having a parrot on my shoulder.

pimmo2000 20 December 2007 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 7497312)
Wouldn't have thought so, I'm pretty far from having a parrot on my shoulder.

:Suspiciou

davegtt 20 December 2007 02:33 PM

Mine died on Tuesday night, was running yesterday but it was awfully slow, like dial up speed :o

JackClark 20 December 2007 03:49 PM

Same, 1meg was the top speed I recorded. Back to normal today.

warrenm2 20 December 2007 04:33 PM

had outage for about 3 hours - happened twice in the last fortnight

Prasius 20 December 2007 06:19 PM

I didn't notice this before - mine went off the other night for a bit; it was all sorted by the morning though :)