ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Evo 6 Makinen OR Evo VII GSR (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/653068-evo-6-makinen-or-evo-vii-gsr.html)

BigAl024 11 December 2007 01:47 AM

Evo 6 Makinen OR Evo VII GSR

Whats the better car?

Any reliability issues with either car? much difference performance wise?

Differences in the drive/handling?

Anyone have any experience of either car - I know nothing about evo's.

Cheers, Al

scoobyDAZZA 11 December 2007 03:43 AM

try asking on MLR bud
although i'd much prefer the rawness on the TME

Daryl 11 December 2007 08:51 AM

TME definitely - had a VI for 4 years and it was as reliable as a Toyota Corolla.

The VII was a good car, but not as much fun. ;)

warrenm2 11 December 2007 10:58 AM

Another TME vote

ZIPPY 11 December 2007 11:18 AM

The TME version every time, it has some extra goodies over a standard car, l may be wrong but i think it has a Titanium Turbo.

It must be mint and as standard as possible though, the TME will always hold its value that little bit better too.

john banks 11 December 2007 02:14 PM

TME costs, but holds value.

AYC stronger on the 7-. More an issue for modification.

Conrods on both are reputedly weak for high torque. Again an issue for modification.

BigAl024 11 December 2007 07:40 PM

Thanks guys - Much difference in performance?

astraboy 11 December 2007 08:36 PM

Mak. Mak everytime. Awesome cars
astraboy.

RS Grant 12 December 2007 02:01 PM

Dont do it Al.... :lol1: :p

However, if it was my choice, I'd probably go for a minted 6.5 Mak over the 7 as they're a bit more like the P1 of Impreza world; an uprated final model & being a limited edition will secure reasonably strong residuals compared to 'normal' models. :thumb:

Cheers,
Grant

BigAl024 12 December 2007 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by RS Grant (Post 7479135)
Dont do it Al.... :lol1: :p

However, if it was my choice, I'd probably go for a minted 6.5 Mak over the 7 as they're a bit more like the P1 of Impreza world; an uprated final model & being a limited edition will secure reasonably strong residuals compared to 'normal' models. :thumb:

Cheers,
Grant

Just looking mate! Keeping all my options open at the moment until I get home.

Still very tempted to get a P1 though. If I can find a mint one that aint been blown up.;)

Always wanted to try an Evo as well.....:norty:

J4CKO 12 December 2007 06:07 PM

Lad at work has a TME, dont think he has had many issues, not cheap to run by any stretch.

Attu 12 December 2007 09:33 PM

I must be getting old as I prefer the looks of the VII, VIII and IX to the V and VI these days as they look more stealthy, guess im getting boring :)

Ciaran 20 December 2007 05:35 PM

My mate had a lovely blue GSR 7 witha few mods which ran 12.8 and had an indicated top end of 175. He found the parts rather expensive like 500 quid for all new disks and pads it drove like a dream and handled amazingly. If maintained it would be awesome but he forgot to keep the oil topped up and then bent a valve. I have never been in a TME 6 so cant comment but if i had the choice it would be a 7GSR

Ciaran 20 December 2007 06:01 PM

here is a wee vid of him playing and i know it's not big and it's not clever
YouTube - Jonny P going mad in his Mitsubushi Lancer Evo 7?