ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Do You All Tell Your .... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/651709-do-you-all-tell-your.html)

pslewis 04 December 2007 01:47 PM

Do You All Tell Your ....

Insurance Companies if you just change the BackBox?

My company is aware, but when going for quotations I am greeted by salesmen and women telling me that I don't need to declare a stainless steel exhaust which happens not to be a standard Subaru one!

Tidgy 04 December 2007 01:48 PM

everysingle thing on mine is delcared, even down to the mudflaps, prodrive interior, ppg gearbox, autronics, different turbo etc etc

GC8WRX 04 December 2007 01:50 PM

I would phone them, tell them and get the name, date and time of who you spoke to, and ask them to confirm in writing!

l1verp00l 04 December 2007 01:54 PM

Always

GazTheHat 04 December 2007 03:40 PM

I'm a good boy, everything is declared.

Why not mention it? I can't see it costing more than £20 if anything at all. As a backbox is hardly a significant performance increase.

exvaux 04 December 2007 03:52 PM

depends on who you are with and a few places i tried wanted % poweer increases it would give etc before quoting

Mike Murphy 04 December 2007 04:01 PM

Always declare it!! If there's anything been altered from manufacturer's standard spec, it MUST be declared, even if its a subaru supplied and fitted accessory. I've seen claims rejected for the tiniest of mods not being declared!!!!

Moley 04 December 2007 04:03 PM

My insurers (and broker of course) know about every mod on mine :thumb:

billsandhu 04 December 2007 04:05 PM

Always best to declare everything, no matter how minor it may seem.

Arbiter 04 December 2007 04:06 PM

Do you have to declare different carpet mats or 'go faster' stickers?

Tidgy 04 December 2007 04:08 PM

i'm always anoying gary asking about what if i do this and this and this, then a week or two later, i have done this and this and this.

think my record is what, 2 hours gap between mods gary? lol

GazTheHat 04 December 2007 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX (Post 7459304)
My insurers (and broker of course) know about every mod on mine :thumb:

It's getting that time of year. Can you PM me your number. :)

pslewis 04 December 2007 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by GazTheHat (Post 7459262)
Why not mention it? I can't see it costing more than £20 if anything at all. As a backbox is hardly a significant performance increase.

Well, mentioning a slight mod changes things a lot! More than £20 is added on and there are fewer companies who will quote in the first place!

I am really thinking of swapping the backbox back to standard - save myself all the hassle!! :(

dpb 04 December 2007 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 7459724)
Well, mentioning a slight mod changes things a lot! More than £20 is added on and there are fewer companies who will quote in the first place!

I am really thinking of swapping the backbox back to standard - save myself all the hassle!! :(

yeh right ;)

What sort of drongo actaully ASKS for things to taken into consideration - and please rape me now .....:lol1:

dpb 04 December 2007 06:33 PM

I bet you work for Insurance co. Lewis , right ;)

it would make a lot of sense

pslewis 04 December 2007 06:35 PM

Nah, I don't work for an Insurance Co. ...... I do work IN Insurance, however, insuring that you can sleep safely in your bed at night :thumb:

dunx 04 December 2007 06:36 PM

Cosmetic changes i.e. stainless exhaust, not a "performance" system shouldn't affect cost.
Subaru accessories don't need to be declared, but should be fully covered as standard manufacturers parts.... anyone know ?

Dunx

P.S. All the blue ones are charged extra 'cos they are all rally cars LOL

pslewis 04 December 2007 06:38 PM

Well, all I can say is that on these compare.com websites they ask for the Mod. and the nearest thing is to tick the 'Exhaust/Manifold' box ........ and 90% of the Insurance Companies who quoted without the mod. now disappear and refuse to quote with the mod!! :(