ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Ian Wright calls trafic warden a monkey (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/645171-ian-wright-calls-trafic-warden-a-monkey.html)

Jonno_johnson 02 November 2007 10:54 PM

Ian Wright calls trafic warden a monkey

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/a...80_382601a.jpg

BLACK footie hero Ian Wright is to be quizzed by police over an allegation of RACISM.

An African traffic warden says Wright called him a “monkey” and told him to “f*** off back to your own country”.

The warden said the ex-Arsenal and England striker let rip with a foul tirade of racist abuse when he issued him with a parking ticket.

But last night Wright, 43, dismissed the claims. He said: “He’s a liar. He called me a white man who lives in a white man’s road.

“I said to him, ‘I’m sure your parents are happy that you’ve come to England and been a traffic warden instead of a lawyer or something.’”

Soccer legend denies abusing | Ian Wright | traffic warden | The Sun |HomePage|News

Lol thats just crazy if you ask me.

STi wanna Subaru 02 November 2007 10:55 PM

Love his trainers. Nike Air Infra Blues :cool:

16vmarc 02 November 2007 11:05 PM

The Sun

:lol:

jjones 02 November 2007 11:16 PM

jeez look at the fat *******s gut :o (the traffic warden!)

Nate 02 November 2007 11:21 PM

Black on Black violence !!!!

New_scooby_04 03 November 2007 12:03 AM

T-Shirt Hell :: Shirts :: WHAT THE **** DID YOU CALL ME? (POT AND KETTLE)

;) :D

Abdabz 03 November 2007 10:06 AM

As long as the gobby tosser gets a proper hearing in court and the appropriate punishment for racial abuse (if he is gulty) then all is well. Hopefully it means I wont need to endure his mush on the tele for a while...
I recall his racist attack on Schmeical on the pitch... I despised him from that day forward. Sub Human predator lookalike :D

Luminous 03 November 2007 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04 (Post 7381057)

I like their organic T-Shirt. Now I just need to find the courage to wear that to a tree huggers meeting :lol1:

Snazy 03 November 2007 11:18 AM

Naaa wrighty is lovely, as are his family :D
Given how arrogant a lot of these traffic warden type people are (LA ones not Met) its hardly suprising that they get so much stick.

I know the job is a "neccesary" one, but im sure some of them take arrogance classes before taking the job.

Trout 03 November 2007 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Luminous (Post 7381579)
I like their organic T-Shirt. Now I just need to find the courage to wear that to a tree huggers meeting :lol1:

I am sure my tree hugging friends would merely have a wry smile to themselves ;)

Leslie 03 November 2007 01:37 PM

Somehow I fully understand Wright's reaction!

Les

moses 04 November 2007 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 7381969)
Somehow I fully understand Wright's reaction!

Les

its common even among lets say a british born asian fae pakistani or indian origin, if he has an arguement wae an immigrant or a new immigrant fae pakistan or india and coz of the culture clash and brought up in a society where its common tae attack them as different , its common , very sad actually

i will gie u an example, i had a person once came tae my shop and coz i deal wae my fellow asians all the time, it pi55es me aff wae constant haggling and arguements, i sometimes wish they would f off and i need tae remind them sorry u r in scotland, prices r fixed and we dont fecking haggle in this country

or sometimes u get people saying, u r too expensive its only 25 rupee's in pakistan or india

i say well which country r u in, u r in scotland, i think u took the plane ticket tae the wrong country, maybe u should fly over and buy the item back home
i think its the culture we r brought up in, it can be intolerant at times but the same time tolerant as well, good and bad everywhere aint it, u tae saudi, if u r white they will lick yer arse and pay u a good wage, if u r an indian, pakistani or a sri lankan, they will treat u like a slave and pay u 150 dollars and not even in time and enslave u and force u tae commit suicide

its time the persecuted stand up and smash these arrogant tw@ts in all lands

Dieseldog 04 November 2007 08:45 AM

I know where you're coming from. When I read about Ian Wright having an altercation with a traffic warden the first thing I thought was "Down with the Saudi plutocracy!" too...

Ms Gooner 1 04 November 2007 08:59 AM

I happen to like Ian Wright :thumb: :D

And whether its acceptable or not - this kind of thing goes on every minute of every day - but because he's famous and in the public eye people jump on the bandwagon and it makes "good reading" in the nationals! :(

That traffic warden will probably now get 3 months off work for "stress", a nice new home and a hefty settlement for "damages"! makes me f***ing sick! How can you "proove" or "disprove" what was said - surely its one word against the other! So therefore, to avoid further dis-repute in the nationals - Wrighty will end up parting with some cash in a "settlement".

We as a country are too much like America now - we sue and claim for ANYTHING then moan when rules are brought in to avoid such claims! makes me :mad: :mad: :mad:

sti-04!! 04 November 2007 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by moses (Post 7383492)
its common even among lets say a british born asian fae pakistani or indian origin, if he has an arguement wae an immigrant or a new immigrant fae pakistan or india and coz of the culture clash and brought up in a society where its common tae attack them as different , its common , very sad actually

i will gie u an example, i had a person once came tae my shop and coz i deal wae my fellow asians all the time, it pi55es me aff wae constant haggling and arguements, i sometimes wish they would f off and i need tae remind them sorry u r in scotland, prices r fixed and we dont fecking haggle in this country

or sometimes u get people saying, u r too expensive its only 25 rupee's in pakistan or india

i say well which country r u in, u r in scotland, i think u took the plane ticket tae the wrong country, maybe u should fly over and buy the item back home
i think its the culture we r brought up in, it can be intolerant at times but the same time tolerant as well, good and bad everywhere aint it, u tae saudi, if u r white they will lick yer arse and pay u a good wage, if u r an indian, pakistani or a sri lankan, they will treat u like a slave and pay u 150 dollars and not even in time and enslave u and force u tae commit suicide

Well said Moses :thumb:

Leslie 04 November 2007 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by moses (Post 7383492)

You are quite right Moses, and my only point was anyone's reaction to a traffic warden who has just booked them, not for any other reason.

Les

mrtheedge2u2 04 November 2007 06:45 PM

First time I have ever agreed with Moses!

gazza-uk 04 November 2007 06:48 PM

Just because they are both classed as "black" does not mean it's not Racism..

Only a Racist would think it is? (not that i'm calling aybody a racist)

Legal definition

According to UN International Conventions, "the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, color, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life." [2] This definition does not make any difference between prosecutions based on ethnicity and race, in part because the distinction between the ethnicity and race remains debatable among anthropologists [3] According to British law, racial group means "any group of people who are defined by reference to their race, colour, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origin" [8].

gazza-uk 04 November 2007 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by jjones (Post 7380931)
jeez look at the fat *******s gut :o (the traffic warden!)

:cuckoo: