ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   6 days to go untill all new A4 launches (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/628635-6-days-to-go-untill-all-new-a4-launches.html)

AudiLover 18 August 2007 04:20 PM

6 days to go untill all new A4 launches

:D

Run 3 series, go hide :norty:

Photoshops

https://i174.photobucket.com/albums/..._2656liten.jpg
https://i174.photobucket.com/albums/..._2680liten.jpg

AudiLover 18 August 2007 04:29 PM

oh and the new RS6. Going by my sources it looks like it will launch with a optional DSG transmission

john banks 18 August 2007 05:40 PM

Do we know if the RS6 will be turbocharged or not?

What is the fruitiest turbocharged engine the new A4 will launch with?

AudiLover 18 August 2007 07:52 PM

RS6 will be turbocharged 5 liter V10 with 579hp/PS.

As for the A4 that is a good question. I will find out and report back.

Petem95 19 August 2007 12:54 PM

6 days until its unveiled you mean?

I dont think the all new A4 is out on sale until 2008 sometime is it?

Looks very nice however!

TonyBurns 19 August 2007 12:57 PM

Shame it wont be as good as the new mondeo :lol1:

Tony:D

dazc2 19 August 2007 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns (Post 7194103)

LOL!!! :D

The Trooper 1815 19 August 2007 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns (Post 7194103)

:thumb: Same chassis as the A5 I believe. So much for being individual. Another rep mobile hit's the streets.

AudiLover 19 August 2007 05:44 PM

fix or repair dailys are constantly overated b the british public/press.

gazza-uk 19 August 2007 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by AudiLover (Post 7192599)

Very Nice :thumb: , looks like a serious contender for my new company car.

Skittles 20 August 2007 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon (Post 7194581)
:thumb: Same chassis as the A5 I believe. So much for being individual. Another rep mobile hit's the streets.

Yep, this was the new non-dull non-understeer chassis design from Audi which, ummmm, understeers and is a bit dull to drive.

AudiLover 20 August 2007 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Skittles (Post 7196096)
Yep, this was the new non-dull non-understeer chassis design from Audi which, ummmm, understeers and is a bit dull to drive.

:Whatever_

doesnt explain why the A5 keeps beating the 3 series :lol1:

logiclee 20 August 2007 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by AudiLover (Post 7196746)
:Whatever_

doesnt explain why the A5 keeps beating the 3 series :lol1:

Not in this months What Car.

Skittles 20 August 2007 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by logiclee (Post 7197184)
Not in this months What Car.

Nor in Evo

AudiLover 20 August 2007 07:53 PM

2 magazines oh no :lol:

logiclee 20 August 2007 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by AudiLover (Post 7197250)

Probably the two most respected magazines in the UK.

rob878 20 August 2007 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by AudiLover (Post 7194591)
fix or repair dailys are constantly overated b the british public/press.

As opposed to A Uniformly Dull Item being constantly over rated by a single simpleton.

Matteeboy 20 August 2007 09:58 PM

Audi drivers ARE the new BMW drivers.

Indicators optional, tailgating obligatory.

andys 20 August 2007 10:01 PM

Well what amazed me was in a car as big at the A5 is why you can not fit normal sized adults in the back. I mean what is the ponit of that?

Skittles 21 August 2007 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by AudiLover (Post 7197250)

Sunday Times (3-star rating):

"But what I cannot see it doing is persuading those to whom driving pleasure matters very much to forsake their BMWs for it. A 335i coupé is perhaps a little slower, but only a fool presumes that speed and fun are always the same."

Some great quotes from Car Magazine:

"Audi’s target customer is ‘masculine and wealthy’, according to the marketing bumf, but the A5 feels like it was designed for the more deadly of the species. The steering, gearbox and clutch move about with very little effort and unless you’re driving spiritedly it feels little different from an A3. The BMW on the other hand has a heavy clutch, weighty steering and a notchy gearbox, and feels not only like a car designed for a man, but a proper driver’s car as well."

I could carry on but I think you get the drift

The Trooper 1815 21 August 2007 07:26 PM

Only AnaLover won't!!!

LordOfTheRings 21 August 2007 08:42 PM

why would you want a car with a heavy clutch? That becomes tiring on long drives!

Skittles 22 August 2007 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by LordOfTheRings (Post 7199625)
why would you want a car with a heavy clutch? That becomes tiring on long drives!

"Heavy" here is a relative term. It is used positively: having more "feel". Kind of like when the article refers to "weighty steering".

The Trooper 1815 22 August 2007 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by LordOfTheRings (Post 7199625)

:lol:
Don't spend all my time on long journeys with my foot on the clutch. I would not go very far with the drive disengaged:brickwall

LordOfTheRings 22 August 2007 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon (Post 7200581)
:lol:
Don't spend all my time on long journeys with my foot on the clutch. I would not go very far with the drive disengaged:brickwall

City driving in a car with a light clutch and steering is easy. Those that arent get tiring.

Matteeboy 22 August 2007 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by LordOfTheRings (Post 7201258)
City driving in a car with a light clutch and steering is easy. Those that arent get tiring.

Suggest you never try and drive a true classic sports car then in case your poor little legs get tired.

Over assisted steering, brakes and clutches were invented for non drivers like YOU :lol1: :lol1:

LordOfTheRings 22 August 2007 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 7201339)
Suggest you never try and drive a true classic sports car then in case your poor little legs get tired.

Over assisted steering, brakes and clutches were invented for non drivers like YOU :lol1: :lol1:

So why did mercedes become the worlds most famous and respected manufacturer in the world?

Look at this guy thinking hes special. Heres a wakeup call for you. Only about 10% of the population if that are car enthusiasts. For the rest of us its marely a way of getting from point A to point B, and if two cars are near enough the same but one is a more relaxing drive, I think 90% of the population will go just for that.

Going by your way of thinking we should all be driving TVRs, foofing damon hill wannabe :lol1:

What a moron:lol:

Matteeboy 22 August 2007 03:31 PM

Here's the issue >>> . <<<

And here's LotR dodging it

>>> . <<<

You spend hours trying to convince us how great Audis are as drivers cars, then change the subject to "90% of the driving population aren't car enthusiasts"

Maybe THAT'S why Audis are so popular?

Skittles 22 August 2007 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by LordOfTheRings (Post 7201353)
Look at this guy thinking hes special. Heres a wakeup call for you. Only about 10% of the population if that are car enthusiasts. For the rest of us its marely a way of getting from point A to point B, and if two cars are near enough the same but one is a more relaxing drive, I think 90% of the population will go just for that.

If your outlook on motoring is "marely a way of getting from point A to point B" there is probably not much point posting on a car enthusiasts board, even if we do only make up 10% of the population according to you.

And for the record: the cars are not "near enough the same but one is a more relaxing drive"... that's kind of the whole point. If you drive to get from A to B then they probably appear the same (as long as they are the same colour ;))

Tobisausage 22 August 2007 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by LordOfTheRings (Post 7201353)
So why did mercedes become the worlds most famous and respected manufacturer in the world?

Going by your way of thinking we should all be driving TVRs, foofing damon hill wannabe :lol1:

What a moron:lol:

So let me get this right, the 90% of the population (you included) marely (lol) use cars as a way of getting from point A to B. So why the **** do you keep going on about the performance Audi range? I mean 500bhp is utterly useless to someone marely (lol) going from A to B. Or do you need it to get away from those 'Unemployed gays' you keep seeing on the streets?