ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Another sad toddler story... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/627853-another-sad-toddler-story.html)

Trout 15 August 2007 10:05 AM

Another sad toddler story...

...from Hull. Sitting listening to local radio and there was a story appealing for witnesses.

A three year old girl was beaten and left crying, smeared in faeces whilst in a takeaway in some part of Hull.

It is so sad that whoever her carer was simply does not have the resources to look after a child in their care, and that at the time no-one intervened to help out.

:(

Bravo2zero_sps 15 August 2007 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Rannoch (Post 7183909)
A three year old girl was beaten and left crying, smeared in faeces whilst in a takeaway in some part of Hull.

It is so sad that whoever her carer was simply does not have the resources to look after a child in their care, and that at the time no-one intervened to help out.

:(

Does not have the resources? By that I hope you mean they don't even have the mental capacity of a slug? That they should be caught and locked up for a very long time for child abuse/assault of a minor? That they deserve a severe beating themselves? Its not sad about the 'carer', its a fcuking disgrace. Its sad for the little girl who has had such a terrible start in life.

Bodgit 15 August 2007 11:57 AM

i think if we are going the police state route which a few are stating we are. It's about time they put something in the water to stop people having kids and only when you prove you can provide for and look after them are you given the antidote.

Yes, it may seem extreme but I feel for the people who desperately want kids but cant. Strange how if you want to take on a rescue dog they often make checks on the home but anyone can have kids and treat them how they wish.

it's just very sad.

Leslie 15 August 2007 12:16 PM

What B2Zero said.

Les

PeteT 15 August 2007 07:13 PM

What Bodgit said

^Qwerty^ 15 August 2007 08:04 PM

I heard that report on the radio and on Look North yesterday or the day before.

They are holding back on some of the detail as the story doesn't stack up to me.

I'm not for a minute saying it didn't happen, and whoever did it should be hung at the side of the road, but the report is 'lacking' in detail.

J4CKO 15 August 2007 08:11 PM

Being able to beed is no guarantee of being suitable to breed, sad fact is many suitable couples cannot have kids yet the retarded scum seem to have no such problems.

D.K.1 15 August 2007 09:18 PM

If she was abandoned then things might look up for the poor little thing now if she's in god care as it looks like her parents / carers didn't have a clue and the poor mite has probably had an awful life up to now if this is h ow she was found :( It realy upsets me to think of children beng treated like that! :cry:

The Dogs B******s 15 August 2007 10:06 PM

The world/country we live in is a disgrace,if i saw something like that happen i would quite happily smash there kneecaps with a baseball bat and throw them in a river(and im not the violent type)

Aaquil 16 August 2007 01:12 AM

I hope that the poor girl gets out of her hopeless situation and I pray the scum who did it to her get what they deserve...how can you do that to a child!!!

hutton_d 16 August 2007 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s (Post 7185566)
The world/country we live in is a disgrace,if i saw something like that happen i would quite happily smash there kneecaps with a baseball bat and throw them in a river(and im not the violent type)

Some emailed (a woman) the Today program this morning (on article about intervening in anti-social/illegal behaviour by others). She saw a mother shouting at her toddler (in nappies) because he/she couldn't keep up then she was swinging it about by the arms. This woman intervenced whereupon she was set on physically by the mother. The police managed to turn up the next day and this woman got a b*llocking for trying to get involved!

Now THAT is a symptom of the problem with society that allows kids to get treated like this. I must say that I with 'the Dogs Danglies' in my own reaction. If anyone did anything to mine they'd be treated to hospital food for a while at the very least ....

Dave

Bravo2zero_sps 16 August 2007 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by hutton_d (Post 7186426)
Some emailed (a woman) the Today program this morning (on article about intervening in anti-social/illegal behaviour by others). She saw a mother shouting at her toddler (in nappies) because he/she couldn't keep up then she was swinging it about by the arms. This woman intervenced whereupon she was set on physically by the mother. The police managed to turn up the next day and this woman got a b*llocking for trying to get involved!

Now THAT is a symptom of the problem with society that allows kids to get treated like this. I must say that I with 'the Dogs Danglies' in my own reaction. If anyone did anything to mine they'd be treated to hospital food for a while at the very least ....

Dave

Thats pathetic by the police. I've intervened before when I saw a 'dad' physically hurting one of his kids and being abusive to it in the middle of a supermarket because this kid had hit one of its siblings, it was then screaming with fright and pain having been shoved against a wall very violently by its dad. Everyone was standing watching, staff were thinking of intervening but seemed too scared so because no one else had the guts to do anything I went and told him if he treated his kids with a bit more respect and stopped hurting them then perhaps they may just learn thats not the way to behave and not hurt each other. At least he stopped hurting the kid there and then, although the kid was already hurt enough by then and thought better of taking a swipe at me and just told me don't start but I imagine the kid just got a walloping when it got home :mad: Incidentally his wife seemed too scared to get involved too and was embarrassed, I wouldn't be surprised if he hit her about too! Fcuking scum bag.

The Zohan 16 August 2007 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 7186447)
Thats pathetic by the police. I've intervened before when I saw a 'dad' physically hurting one of his kids and being abusive to it in the middle of a supermarket because this kid had hit one of its siblings, it was then screaming with fright and pain having been shoved against a wall very violently by its dad. Everyone was standing watching, staff were thinking of intervening but seemed too scared so because no one else had the guts to do anything I went and told him if he treated his kids with a bit more respect and stopped hurting them then perhaps they may just learn thats not the way to behave and not hurt each other. At least he stopped hurting the kid there and then, although the kid was already hurt enough by then and thought better of taking a swipe at me and just told me don't start but I imagine the kid just got a walloping when it got home :mad: Incidentally his wife seemed too scared to get involved too and was embarrassed, I wouldn't be surprised if he hit her about too! Fcuking scum bag.

There is an inderliying pattren emerging in the UK, a lack of respect (this word now hijacked, used and abused by NL) for anything and anyone.

More examples along with people being murdered for having the audacity to complain when someone makes too much noise or throws litter in their car.

Everyone has a part to play - parents, schools, government, Police but first this major problem should be recognised and people who transgress the laws and decent moral behaviour, punished swiftly and firmly with robust prison terms/fitting punishments.

Zero tollerance and a bit less of the PC 'oh it is not their fault' culture will help the UK!

Some of skys news stories for today
Elderly 'Mistreated And Abused' In Care Homes |Sky News|UK News
Top Cop Condemns Parents Over Yob Kids |Sky News|UK News
Driver Killed After Chocolate Bar Clash |Sky News|UK News
Teens Remanded Over Hero Father's Death |Sky News|UK News
Missing Paedophiles Pose Risk To Kids |Sky News|UK News

Leslie 16 August 2007 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 7186493)
There is an inderliying pattren emerging in the UK, a lack of respect (this word now hijacked, used and abused by NL) for anything and anyone.

More examples along with people being murdered for having the audacity to complain when someone makes too much noise or throws litter in their car.

Everyone has a part to play - parents, schools, government, Police but first this major problem should be recognised and people who transgress the laws and decent moral behaviour, punished swiftly and firmly with robust prison terms/fitting punishments.

Zero tollerance and a bit less of the PC 'oh it is not their fault' culture will help the UK!

Some of skys news stories for today
Elderly 'Mistreated And Abused' In Care Homes |Sky News|UK News
Top Cop Condemns Parents Over Yob Kids |Sky News|UK News
Driver Killed After Chocolate Bar Clash |Sky News|UK News
Teens Remanded Over Hero Father's Death |Sky News|UK News
Missing Paedophiles Pose Risk To Kids |Sky News|UK News

Been saying this for a long time now. If we actually want to live in an ordered and safe society, then people have to be taught the meaning of discipline and respect for others from an early age. Discipline means that children have to learn to behave themselves or there will be a significant penalty for misbehaviour which is not enjoyable. A sharp smack on the backside is perfectly acceptable in my eyes as long as it is clear what it is for and that the child concerned is not mistreated due to bad temper etc. Shouting is a waste of time too. All that does is to teach the child even worse habits for the future. There are of course other ways to punish a child such as witholding a treat or whatever.

Carrying this on, those who break the law and do harm to others should also be punished in such a way that they think twice before doing it again. Hefty prison sentences with hard labour used to work very well. These modern ideas of treating the criminal as though his rights are above those of the victim are just incredible. Some MP the other day was suggesting abolishing prisons and giving all criminals rehabilitation instead! Can you honestly see that working?

About time we found a strong leader with a party of honest people to turn this country around before it is too late!

Les

kingofturds 16 August 2007 12:56 PM

Unfortunately while the state continues to pay for these low lifes to have Kids this will only become more common:( You want a car or house you have to work for it and maintain it. You want a child its a quick knee trembler, then the state will pick up the tab for the next 20+ years

hutton_d 16 August 2007 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 7186749)
About time we found a strong leader with a party of honest people to turn this country around before it is too late!

Les

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
......... sorry Les, but wher the h3ll are we going to dig them up??????

Dave