ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   360 launch machine (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/624858-360-launch-machine.html)

wah 31 July 2007 12:38 PM

360 launch machine

Well just put the 360 on for a blast on GOW had to update as soon as it came on so did, joined a game from an invite to be met with a frozen screen with fuzz all over it, turned the machine off to then be greeted with 3 red lights and the top right one out, looks like a hardware failure !!!

PeteBrant 31 July 2007 12:43 PM

Unlucky :( But, you'll get it repaired for free. By the way, It might start working again in the short term, for a week or so, then it will properly die and youll have to send it off anyway.

Call MS and they will sort you out.

wah 31 July 2007 01:00 PM

Just rang MS cheeky fcukers don't even provide a box to send it back in now !!! will have to find on suitable :wonder:

PeteBrant 31 July 2007 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by wah (Post 7151615)
Just rang MS cheeky fcukers don't even provide a box to send it back in now !!! will have to find on suitable :wonder:

Correct - But , on the plus side, they you it back in a purpose made plain white box ready for when you have to send it back again :D

wah 31 July 2007 02:22 PM

I hope not !! first problems I have had, how the hell does updating screw your console up ??

bioforger 31 July 2007 07:50 PM

Prolly just coincedence, and I guess it was ready to fail at any point. When you powered it up that's probably what caused it :)

wah 31 July 2007 07:52 PM

B@stard thing I Have done the towel trick now I can play Forza etc but as for GOW it has none of it !! oh well off to MS it goes and so the game begins of referb machines !!

Swen6 01 August 2007 07:02 PM

Remember to remove your HD

wah 01 August 2007 11:00 PM

Yeah don't worry, it was removed even before they told me on the phone that I don't need to send it :lol1:

wah 11 August 2007 03:10 PM

Well it was picked up on Thursday afternoon by UPS, the guy told me he alone had picked up 5 that morning just in his area that had been away already once for repair and were going back again :(.

Well heres to the wait now until it's return :cry:

gatecrasher3 11 August 2007 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by wah (Post 7152585)
I Have done the towel trick

What's the towel trick?

wah 11 August 2007 03:56 PM

Lol was waiting for someone to ask me that

YouTube - Ring of Death Fix

This still didn't allow me to play GOW as soon as thta booted up it froze up just as it did before !!

wah 17 August 2007 10:39 AM

Well got it back this morning, 8 days after sending it away !!

Now's time to give it some hammering and see if it lasts out, it also seems quieter than before when playing games ??

Neanderthal 17 August 2007 10:59 AM

8 days is not a bad turn around!
I've only had the rings of death once on my Launch day machine. Was expecting the worst but it's been pretty reliable since!
Just hoping that if it does go wrong, it goes wrong before the 3 years is up!

A'K 17 August 2007 11:17 AM

8 days nice :) I've just rung xbox support to get mine sorted as I think my DVD drive is on its way out. Moving house soon as well so don't want to move and still not have the 360 back, and I doubt they'll let me change the return address :(

bob269 17 August 2007 11:20 AM

If you log in to xbox.com they now offer a tracking system for your repairs. (Not sure if its US only tho)

A'K 17 August 2007 11:25 AM

asked that on the phone and yeah its US only :(

wah 17 August 2007 12:09 PM

Only problem is now I can't get onto live !! I have entered my IP manually but still no joy :cry:

messiah 17 August 2007 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by A'K (Post 7189440)
8 days nice :) I've just rung xbox support to get mine sorted as I think my DVD drive is on its way out. Moving house soon as well so don't want to move and still not have the 360 back, and I doubt they'll let me change the return address :(

IIRC the extended warranty only cover the RROD and not any other problem. I also think my DVD drive is about to go bye-bye, so I'm planning on using the towel trick to trigger the RROD before ringing MS to replace it.

A'K 17 August 2007 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by messiah (Post 7189713)
IIRC the extended warranty only cover the RROD and not any other problem. I also think my DVD drive is about to go bye-bye, so I'm planning on using the towel trick to trigger the RROD before ringing MS to replace it.

Well mine is over 1 year old now by 5 days but that's when I bought it from the shop, I rang xbox support from work thinking they'll give me troubleshooting stuff to do, but I told them I'd done the cache clear and a few other thing, so they got my xbox details up and said its still in warranty so I'll send you the shipping labels to return it for a repair :) but yeah I did think the same it only covers RROD but hay I'm not to argue..