ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   LMAO Clarkson's Bumper Dumper (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/623679-lmao-clarksons-bumper-dumper.html)

Luminous 25 July 2007 08:22 PM

LMAO Clarkson's Bumper Dumper

BBC 2 now, polar explorers.

Trust him to come up with that idea. That has to be one of only a few reasons to fit a tow bar :lol1:

Odds on 25 July 2007 08:36 PM

http://boortz.com/images/funny/redne...le_pooper1.jpg

:lol1:

bootsy 25 July 2007 08:36 PM

watching it :lol1:

Simon C 25 July 2007 08:38 PM

Sod showing the arsing about. They are in 1 of the most beautifull if baron places on earth.

Show the bloody scenery!

mrtheedge2u2 25 July 2007 09:00 PM

Next time I get a flat............ :norty:

Luminous 25 July 2007 09:01 PM

oh yes, how to fix a flat tyre pronto style :D

supernick 25 July 2007 09:07 PM

Now they are just gonna have to drive all the way back home now :cuckoo:

unclebuck 25 July 2007 09:16 PM

All that tyre stuff is old hat. As is the towbar toilet.

I though the dogs were the real stars in that - amazing!!

Agree about the scenery. Every time I have flown the route that takes you over Bathurst Island I have sat saucer eyed, gazing at that incredible wilderness landscape and wondering what it must be like to be at ground level. :eek:

wrxjay03 25 July 2007 09:18 PM

might be nice scenery but you wouldnt want to be there for long :lol1:

jonc 25 July 2007 09:24 PM

A great programme, had me captivated and was on the edge of my seat when they were driving over the thin ice! Best comedy moment was when Clarkson had a bolt frozen to his lips!

Bubba po 25 July 2007 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by supernick (Post 7137777)
Now they are just gonna have to drive all the way back home now :cuckoo:

Don't you reckon they left it there? Or got a helicopter transport to pick it up?

I wouldn't have gone through that again. :nono:

NotoriousREV 25 July 2007 09:53 PM

I thought it was brilliant. It was funny, awe inspiring and great entertainment. Of course, I await the backlash from the greens and animal protection bunch with trepidation :rolleyes:

Prasius 25 July 2007 10:49 PM

I'm surprised that the BBC let him get away with his closing line ;)

oobster 25 July 2007 10:51 PM

The end credits were good - everyone was 'Sir Ranulph.....'

davegtt 25 July 2007 11:10 PM

Great program, if only TV was that interesting and funny at the same time all the time Id be hooked :thumb:

unclebuck 25 July 2007 11:31 PM

Never mind.. now you can rely on 'Heroes' to fill in that awkward gap in your TV watching schedule...

:thumb: ;)

davegtt 25 July 2007 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by unclebuck (Post 7138203)
Never mind.. now you can rely on 'Heroes' to fill in that awkward gap in your TV watching schedule...

:thumb: ;)

Seen it all already, shows how much you read through the threads doesnt it? ;)

boxst 25 July 2007 11:51 PM

This is already on UKNOVA for those who like all things torrent (like me as I missed it!).

Steve

unclebuck 26 July 2007 12:28 AM

cheers Dave..... :p

Steve - it's worth a watch even though it's mostly staged.

My fav moment is where Clarkson shows his burned fingers to the camera, after he picked up a boiled tin of sommething from the primus... :lol1: I'll bet that wasn't in the script....

haroldhettaturbo 26 July 2007 08:06 AM

Best topgear for a long while.

Dr Hu 26 July 2007 09:20 AM

enjoyed it - though JC was a bit of a twit driving it the way he did - it was so plainly gonna get broke within minutes.

I bet the mechanics were cringing.....

Paul3446 26 July 2007 09:24 AM

Am I the only one who thought it a bit strange that they didn't show Hammond arriving at the North Pole? :wonder:

Surely after an hour long program about a race to the pole, that's a fairly important moment?

davegtt 26 July 2007 09:27 AM

What made me laugh was Clarkson belting through the deep snow and knackering the car, then May turns round and say we told you that there was imoveable ice in the snow and that would happen looking really cheesed off. Then when they fixed the car and set off Clarkson narrated we set off again wishing we took the experts advice :lol1:

Daft Lad 26 July 2007 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Paul3446 (Post 7138580)
Am I the only one who thought it a bit strange that they didn't show Hammond arriving at the North Pole? :wonder:

Surely after an hour long program about a race to the pole, that's a fairly important moment?

I agree, seemed to end rather abruptly I thought and would have been nice to see Hamster arrive at the Pole too. Very funny on the whole though :lol1:

stilover 26 July 2007 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Paul3446 (Post 7138580)

After the other 2 won, he probably didn't carry on. Too Knackered.

Best Tog Gear Challenge by far.

Best Bits:
Clarkson getting pushed into the sea.
Clarkson getting a Bolt frozen to his lips (and looking very worried)
Drinking G & T all the way to the North Pole.
Crossing the Ford on very thin ice. ( I wouldn't have done that)

fivetide 26 July 2007 09:37 AM

Toyota must love them. First the pick up that they couldn't destroy and now a Hi-Lux as the first car to the North Pole.

5t.

davegtt 26 July 2007 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by stilover (Post 7138597)
After the other 2 won, he probably didn't carry on. Too Knackered.

Are you sh!tting me? Would you have quit getting so close to the pole? I dont think so, its a major achievment for anybody so after being put through all that off course you'd finish. especially as they probably got a chopper back knowing that lot.

TopBanana 26 July 2007 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Daft Lad (Post 7138593)
I agree, seemed to end rather abruptly I thought and would have been nice to see Hamster arrive at the Pole too. Very funny on the whole though :lol1:

Yeah I thought they were going to meet up. Hammond clearly wasn't enjoying himself

Matteeboy 26 July 2007 10:06 AM

My nerdy question - the HiLux seemed to be a 3.0D but it sounded like some kind of NASCAR V8! What was in that thing?!

Assume that has been made since Hammond had his crash - seems a bit daft to put him through all that so soon after it.

Luminous 26 July 2007 10:34 AM

I would like to see the making of that Top Gear show, that much is certain. Loads of questions arise from what I saw. Most importantly, did Hammond make it, and how did they all get back?