ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Audi RS5 (yes I do mean 5, not the 4) (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/605210-audi-rs5-yes-i-do-mean-5-not-the-4-a.html)

^Qwerty^ 16 May 2007 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by The Chief (Post 6930884)
They reckon the new wave of Audi's are a lot better i.e the RS4 and new S3, Tiff raved about the R8 which surprised me.

My old A6 2.8 handled like a bloody barge it was horrendus

You only know what my A3 is doing by looking out of the window ;)

Unless they have changed many parts, I'm not sure the new S3 would be much better than my 3.2, but I'd be happy to be told different.

Matteeboy 17 May 2007 10:57 AM

So has Audilover been banned?
He was the main reason I went away!

AudiLover 17 May 2007 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 6933944)
So has Audilover been banned?
He was the main reason I went away!

:lol:

The Trooper 1815 18 May 2007 09:55 AM

The Lover of Ring is still about .................................just like Audi's poor Customer Survey Results:lol1:

Janspeed 18 May 2007 09:21 PM

Audi proganda for the weak minded!!!

SVVG 21 May 2007 03:14 PM

Think I've missed something here (I did in fairness skim read the article rather than study it, so maybe the answer is therein) - But I don't understand why Audi have produced the RS5/S5 - when they already have an RS4? Not being self righteous/making bold statements "just for the crack" - but have I missed something???? Car looks about the same size, is aimed at the same market etc??

- Aren't they pretty much the same thing as the RS4?

stilover 21 May 2007 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by SVVG (Post 6945627)
Think I've missed something here (I did in fairness skim read the article rather than study it, so maybe the answer is therein) - But I don't understand why Audi have produced the RS5/S5 - when they already have an RS4? Not being self righteous/making bold statements "just for the crack" - but have I missed something???? Car looks about the same size, is aimed at the same market etc??

- Aren't they pretty much the same thing as the RS4?

Ones a 4 door saloon / Avant / Family car. The other is a 3 door coupe.

One is aimed at Dad with a family and wanting to go fast, the other is aimed at Single bloke/female who happily don't have kids. And want to go fast.

Both will sell as many as Audi can make.

If you want 4/5 doors, buy the RS4.
If you want 3 doors, buy the RS5

SVVG 21 May 2007 03:44 PM

Had noticed the coupe configurement - honest! Surely must be more to it than that though? I take it they're not ceasing production of the RS4 - so this isn't a direct replacement (albeit with 4 door options to follow!).

Cheers!

stilover 21 May 2007 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by SVVG (Post 6945712)
Had noticed the coupe configurement - honest! Surely must be more to it than that though? I take it they're not ceasing production of the RS4 - so this isn't a direct replacement (albeit with 4 door options to follow!).

Cheers!

Size wise it's in between the A4 and A6. So it's not replacing the RS4.

Just another car to sell and make money.

Jeff Wiltshire 22 May 2007 06:17 PM

The A5/S5/RS5 is the first of the 'engine behind the front wheels' Audis and as such is a major change for Audi. The car is the basis for the next A4 (B8).

LordOfTheRings 23 May 2007 10:12 PM

Autocar (on the S5)

"on the tight, Alpine passes north of Verona, the S5 comprehensively blitzes the 335i on A-to-B pace. We’re talking of a difference that would equate to several seconds a stage mile here."

:D

rob878 23 May 2007 10:24 PM

to use one of your favourite smileys :sleep:

You're more tedious than a Lands End to John O`Groats trip in a transit connect.

Wonder Wagon 23 May 2007 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by stilover (Post 6945693)
Ones a 4 door saloon / Avant / Family car. The other is a 3 door coupe.

One is aimed at Dad with a family and wanting to go fast, the other is aimed at Single bloke/female who happily don't have kids. And want to go fast.

Both will sell as many as Audi can make.

If you want 4/5 doors, buy the RS4.
If you want 3 doors, buy the RS5

You mean 2 door coupe ;)

gillyz20let 28 May 2007 01:30 PM

that vid is funny when he falls asleep behind the wheel and goes off the track.