ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   What is it with 'certain' women who have cats ?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/602602-what-is-it-with-certain-women-who-have-cats.html)

SiPie 01 May 2007 09:01 AM

What is it with 'certain' women who have cats ??

Just witnessed a conversation between two ladies at my work who were talking about brushing their cat's teeth. The (older lady) :cuckoo: hand feeds hers, then brushes it's teeth after every meal. She frequently phones checking if the vet has her stock of moggy toothpaste in ???

Fair enough treating them like surrogate children (oops, just spotted a potential common theme here ) but the older of the ladies never ever lets hers out...she stays in the country ffs.... :wonder: The poor cats must be drooling at the windows simply gagging on a field mouse to chase !!

The younger of the two coleagues was literally traumatised at work yesterday as her Felix or whatever brought in a live mouse to play with before she left for work .... the discussion between the two of them yesterday, you would have thought a murder had been committted in the village. It's a feckin cat, that's what they do.

Just don't get it

TelBoy 01 May 2007 09:05 AM

Tell you what else i noticed recently, an advert for Cesar small dog food. One of the most lifestlye-orientated contrived adverts i've seen for a long time. Directed firmly and squarely at the single young professional woman with small yappy dog for company.

lightning101 01 May 2007 09:29 AM

People with small dogs normally have deep seated emotional issues and very often are clinically depressed and mentally unstable. You only have to look at the stars on TV and in magazines to see this. It's a cry for help, an attention seeking accessory. These people often starve themselves just for fame as even bad attention is still attention. :(

Wish 01 May 2007 09:30 AM

Hand feeds it you say :norty:
You sure shes not spreading it on and letting the little fella lick it off :lol:

STi wanna Subaru 01 May 2007 09:31 AM

Women who have cats are just plain odd. Avoid as more mental than the rest.

SJ_Skyline 01 May 2007 09:38 AM

I've always wondered why they don't do bird & mouse flavoured cat foods :confused:

SiPie 01 May 2007 09:41 AM

You sure shes not spreading it on and letting the little fella lick it off
If you knew my 'aesthetically unpalletable colleague' then that visualisation would make you feels as sick as I do now :eek:

Thanks for that ;)

what would scooby do 01 May 2007 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 6884856)
Tell you what else i noticed recently, an advert for Cesar small dog food. One of the most lifestlye-orientated contrived adverts i've seen for a long time. Directed firmly and squarely at the single young professional woman with small yappy dog for company.

Oh the irony of "gourmet" (and I hate that word) cat and dog food. Oh yes we all know cats and dogs will eat their own shít so obviously have no sense of taste. They would even eat another animals shít, sick it up and then east it all again :cuckoo:

Jay m A 01 May 2007 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 6884915)

Agree. Back in the day I'd always treat relationships with cat owning women as short term. At first it was becase I hate cats but liked getting my leg over, but looking back and summising my exit polls - its true, cat owning females are more mental :D

Leslie 01 May 2007 12:15 PM

Our old cat is a real personality. He is 23 years old, which is extremly old in the human equivalent.

He has never had his teeth brushed, and just soldiers on living a full life in the fields around here. Doesn't chase birds anymore, just lies in the garden while they walk around him:)

It is difficult to think of life without him.

Les

SiPie 01 May 2007 12:21 PM

Doesn't chase birds anymore, just lies in the garden while they walk around him
He's enjoying his retirement Les :thumb:

Quite right too

pimmo2000 01 May 2007 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 6885327)
Our old cat is a real personality. He is 23 years old, which is extremly old in the human equivalent.

He has never had his teeth brushed, and just soldiers on living a full life in the fields around here. Doesn't chase birds anymore, just lies in the garden while they walk around him:)

Les

23 in cat years or Human years ??

Thats actually really impressive even for cat:thumb:

andythejock01wrx 01 May 2007 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 6884915)

Ahhhhh, so there are variations in women's "mentalness" ?

Wish I'd known that years ago ! :lol1:

andythejock01wrx 01 May 2007 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 6885327)

Les

C'mon Les, show us some pics of the old lad ! :)

Andy

STi wanna Subaru 01 May 2007 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx (Post 6885402)
C'mon Les, show us some pics of the old lad ! :)

Andy

He means the Cat Les!! Just to be clear! :eek::D

STi wanna Subaru 01 May 2007 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx (Post 6885398)
Ahhhhh, so there are variations in women's "mentalness" ?

Wish I'd known that years ago ! :lol1:

I thought it was a well known fact all women are mental.... it's just finding one less mental than the rest you have to concern yourself with :thumb:

andythejock01wrx 01 May 2007 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 6885411)
He means the Cat Les!! Just to be clear! :eek::D

:lol1:

CrisPDuk 01 May 2007 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 6885412)
I thought it was a well known fact all women are mental.... it's just finding one less mental than the rest you have to concern yourself with :thumb:

That was my impression too:wonder: Which is why I've advised my stepson just to make sure he gets one with decent t!ts, because underneath they're all the same:D

cookstar 01 May 2007 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline (Post 6884932)
I've always wondered why they don't do bird & mouse flavoured cat foods :confused:

chicken?:wonder:

SiPie 01 May 2007 04:48 PM

chicken?
seen one fly recently ? :D

cookstar 01 May 2007 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by SiPie (Post 6886123)
seen one fly recently ? :D

still counts :D http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/film/chicken2.jpg

///\oo/\\\ 01 May 2007 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk (Post 6886046)
That was my impression too:wonder: Which is why I've advised my stepson just to make sure he gets one with decent t!ts, because underneath they're all the same:D

:lol1: :thumb:

J4CKO 01 May 2007 08:56 PM

1 cat is ok, two acceptable but any more than that and my theory that the oddness of any given woman rises proportionately and by an order of magnitude for each additional feline, the degeneration really goes out of control when the woman is single, when single having more than four cats qualifies you to be known by local children as 'The Cat Woman', eight cats and above gets you a guest appearance on either 'Life of Grime' or 'How clean is your house', you have cat turds on your worktop, wear the same smelly cardigan day in day out, smoke roll ups and spend all your money on Cat food.

My reasearch in this area allows me to predict with 97% accuracy based on a questionairre how many cats a woman owns, the numbers suggest that certain ladies on here own at least 5.

brumdaisy 01 May 2007 09:45 PM

I have three :o and if anyone wants one or all of them just drop me a pm :thumb:

Maz 01 May 2007 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by brumdaisy (Post 6887135)
I have three :o and if anyone wants one or all of them just drop me a pm :thumb:

Your cats have caused you some cataclysmic mishaps:D and how could you just give them away like that?:(

brumdaisy 01 May 2007 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 6887159)
Your cats have caused you some cataclysmic mishaps:D and how could you just give them away like that?:(

cost
number of dead frogs scattered across my lounge, kitchen, bathroom and even bedroom
fur piles on my bed
being woken up at 6am on a saturday
damage to plants and flowers
eating my dinner if i turn my back for a second
trying to sit on the keyboard whilst I type
doing an andrex with the loo roll

red_dog104 01 May 2007 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by lightning101 (Post 6884907)
People with small dogs normally have deep seated emotional issues and very often are clinically depressed and mentally unstable. You only have to look at the stars on TV and in magazines to see this. It's a cry for help, an attention seeking accessory. These people often starve themselves just for fame as even bad attention is still attention. :(

OMG! You have me so right, apart from the starving myself.......... I really like me food!! Buying my 2 miniature Dachshunds must mean I have a underlying desire to be famous! :wonder::cuckoo::rolleyes:

Diesel 01 May 2007 10:09 PM

First cat's a cat. Second cat's a boyfriend. Third cat is a girlfriend. Fourth cat is....steer well clear! D

Maz 01 May 2007 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by brumdaisy (Post 6887178)
cost
number of dead frogs scattered across my lounge, kitchen, bathroom and even bedroom
fur piles on my bed
being woken up at 6am on a saturday
damage to plants and flowers
eating my dinner if i turn my back for a second
trying to sit on the keyboard whilst I type
doing an andrex with the loo roll

Well when you put it like that.......:D

Lee247 01 May 2007 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel (Post 6887208)
First cat's a cat. Second cat's a boyfriend.

I've got two cats and a husband, so how does ^^ work then :D