ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   WHICH EXHAUST (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/602340-which-exhaust.html)

bagpipes 30 April 2007 11:05 AM

WHICH EXHAUST

Hi All,

I am thinking of changing my exhaust but don’t know if it would be of any benefit to me as I have the PPP fitted to my 05 STI which has the sports cat on the down pipe.
I would like to have a bit more of a burble as I think the STI exhaust is a bit quiet as I used to have the blitz nur spec r on my old RB5. I don’t want something as loud as the blitz.
What do you think I should go for? I have heard the Hayward and Scott Exhaust is meant to be good but I haven’t heard one on a STI yet.
What should I go for???

thanks

ed

funkyspider 30 April 2007 11:27 AM

I like my ScoobySport 3.5 inch exit back box. I believe the smaller exit (not the large Jap style) Hayward and Scott are pretty much the same. I've also heard good reports of the Revolution systems - do a search on here for some posts re the revolution exhaust.

bushiwarrior 30 April 2007 11:36 AM

try the afterburner vortex from scoobyworld they have media files to listen to their exhausts

Impreza Turbo 2006 on:Impreza Turbo 2006 on: Scoobyworld Afterburner Vortex [AFTERBURNERBB] - £279.99£249.99

finalzero 30 April 2007 11:41 AM

Mate has got Ninja exhaust on his 04 STi, really makes a difference over the Prodrive one, much more of a burble low down but not distracting at cruise missile speeds.

GazTheHat 30 April 2007 11:43 AM

Changing just the backbox, try the link above. If fully decatting use Scoobyworld above but lOOk to the Ninja. Nice and loud.

The WRX @ Dastek has the loudest exhaust i've heard, which inc the BNS R, that was H&S, but i think you can specify "loud-ness".

After having 3 now, i ended up with a custom Meercat (Kilbirnie). Very happy. Is as loud as the Ninja, but bass-ier, but with the bung in, is quieter than the Revolution exhaust.

moffett 30 April 2007 12:05 PM

i want to get a backbox for the standard sti im buying, purely to get the burble. Is it safe to just swap backboxes without remaping etc

funkyspider 30 April 2007 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by moffett (Post 6881937)
i want to get a backbox for the standard sti im buying, purely to get the burble. Is it safe to just swap backboxes without remaping etc

Yes, no problems

bagpipes 30 April 2007 12:28 PM

It doesn’t mater if I change the whole system, just thought as I have the pro-drive down pipe which has the sports cat I would not have to change the rest. Would I be better changing from the bottom of the down pipe back, would it free up any horses?

pippyrips 30 April 2007 12:48 PM

Milltek would be my 2 pennies worth. High quality, loud when you want it to be and not overpowering when you don't!

scooby,dlm. 30 April 2007 01:13 PM

vortex angled exit with striaght thru centre section get my vote,nice!!!:thumb:

kaa273 01 May 2007 12:12 PM

isnt the hayward one the same exhaust as the afterburner form scoobyworld

NeilT 01 May 2007 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by kaa273 (Post 6885308)
isnt the hayward one the same exhaust as the afterburner form scoobyworld

No, although H&S make the Afterburner Vortex for us, their H&S box is different. It uses a different rear silencer box and has no vortex spiralled baffle.

Neil
Scoobyworld

bagpipes 01 May 2007 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by NeilT (Post 6885487)
No, although H&S make the Afterburner Vortex for us, their H&S box is different. It uses a different rear silencer box and has no vortex spiralled baffle.

Neil
Scoobyworld

NeilT

What would you recommend? As I say above I have the PPP fitted with the sports cat on the down pipe. Would I be best to just go for a back box or from the down pipe back and keep the sports cat on the down pipe.

I don’t want anything as loud as the blitz nur spec r, I more or less just want to enhance the burble from the flat four as I think the STI exhaust is just that bit quiet.

kaa273 02 May 2007 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by NeilT (Post 6885487)

Neil
Scoobyworld

my apologies:o

B0DSKI 02 May 2007 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by scooby,dlm. (Post 6882165)
vortex angled exit with striaght thru centre section get my vote,nice!!!:thumb:

Exactly what i've got and it sounds :cool:

NeilT 02 May 2007 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by bagpipes (Post 6885954)
NeilT

What would you recommend? As I say above I have the PPP fitted with the sports cat on the down pipe. Would I be best to just go for a back box or from the down pipe back and keep the sports cat on the down pipe.

I don’t want anything as loud as the blitz nur spec r, I more or less just want to enhance the burble from the flat four as I think the STI exhaust is just that bit quiet.

If you're looking for specific product advice, then unfortunately I cant recommend anything, as we're not currently an authorised advertisers. However happy to offer some advice on our products if you want to give us a call

Neil
Scoobyworld

NeilT 02 May 2007 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by kaa273 (Post 6888318)
my apologies:o

no problem ;)

TimH 02 May 2007 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by pippyrips (Post 6882100)
Milltek would be my 2 pennies worth. High quality, loud when you want it to be and not overpowering when you don't!

Seconded! And I will shortly have a Milltek 2.75" centre pipe and the backbox for sale as I'm buying a complete s/h system from another enthusiast simply to get the downpipe...I don't really need 2 backboxes or centre sections!!

Big_Dan531 02 May 2007 01:17 PM

[QUOTE=funkyspider;6881846]I like my ScoobySport 3.5 inch exit back box. I believe the smaller exit (not the large Jap style) Hayward and Scott are pretty much the same. QUOTE]

i have a scooby sport back box with 3.5 inch exit for sale at the moment m8 pm for details

bagpipes 02 May 2007 03:32 PM

When I change my exhaust would I be best to get a remap or would it be okay as I have lost the centre cat already and have the pro-drive sports cat on the down pipe

B0DSKI 02 May 2007 04:12 PM

The PPP Map takes into account the fact that all you've got is the Prodrive sports cat in the down pipe. So by changing either the backbox or the backbox in conjunction with the unresonated centre will have no effect on the map.