ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Ireland & Northern Ireland (https://www.scoobynet.com/ireland-and-northern-ireland-27/)
-   -   Why don't people wave?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/ireland-and-northern-ireland-27/590557-why-dont-people-wave.html)

Rcomms 11 April 2007 09:32 AM

ok, i didn't wave... because i was in my crappy commuting Primera rather than the scooby.... but on the M1 this morning around 9am, passing the broken down lorry, I was following a rather clean white Scooby with a nurgurgring sticker on the back..... Gawley?

GAWLEY 11 April 2007 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Rcomms (Post 6826467)
ok, i didn't wave... because i was in my crappy commuting Primera rather than the scooby.... but on the M1 this morning around 9am, passing the broken down lorry, I was following a rather clean white Scooby with a nurgurgring sticker on the back..... Gawley?

Hows it going Rcomms, yeah that was me this morning on the M1, going to have to get a car for communiting like you have soon, im spending too much money on petrol driving the impreza down everyday.

Rcomms 11 April 2007 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by GAWLEY (Post 6826614)
Hows it going Rcomms, yeah that was me this morning on the M1, going to have to get a car for communiting like you have soon, im spending too much money on petrol driving the impreza down everyday.

thought it was! Didn't want to wave... in case you thought it was some random nutter in a nissan.... :cuckoo: . I come in from Portadown everyday..... the scooby would make be bankrupt!! Strictly a weekend toy :luxhello:

VERY neat scooby :)

GAWLEY 11 April 2007 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Rcomms (Post 6826695)
thought it was! Didn't want to wave... in case you thought it was some random nutter in a nissan.... :cuckoo: . I come in from Portadown everyday..... the scooby would make be bankrupt!! Strictly a weekend toy :luxhello:

Cheers Rcomms, was having a look at your impreza a few days ago on your profile and it looks brilliant. I was looking at a couple of RB5's before i got my white one and really loved the colour. Your one is the first STI in that colour that i have seen over here, they must be quite rare.

Even if you had waved this morning i might not have noticed as i think i just woke up about half an hour ago. I think i was on auto pilot the whole way to work this morning after the weekend:freak3:

What colour is your nissan and i will keep an eye out for you in the future

Rcomms 11 April 2007 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by GAWLEY (Post 6826872)
Cheers Rcomms, was having a look at your impreza a few days ago on your profile and it looks brilliant. I was looking at a couple of RB5's before i got my white one and really loved the colour. Your one is the first STI in that colour that i have seen over here, they must be quite rare.

Even if you had waved this morning i might not have noticed as i think i just woke up about half an hour ago. I think i was on auto pilot the whole way to work this morning after the weekend:freak3:

What colour is your nissan and i will keep an eye out for you in the future

'Cheery red' :thumb:.... although its kinda getting pinker by the day!

brocks 12 April 2007 03:48 PM

JJstiuk, Where did you get the splitter at ? And could I be really cheeky and ask what sort of money you are talking about for one?

Feel free to PM the answer if you dont want it on the boards, just got a MY05 STI PPP and it would seriously improve the front.

Photos look excellent by the way........

JJstiuk 13 April 2007 07:25 PM

Got it from these boys... Make sure your are seated before you open that link though...

STI Front Lip Spoiler '03-'05

GAWLEY 14 April 2007 09:03 PM

A group buy has been put up for these splitters, see link:

https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys...-part-2-a.html

teamheath2 15 April 2007 12:55 PM

Whey, I got another wave yesterday !!!!!!:luxhello:

The same junction I seen you at Gawley, an older guy in a Bugeye wagon, looked nice :thumb:

They are still few and far between !! Passed alot of people recently who just blank you :mad:

JJstiuk 15 April 2007 01:07 PM

I seen someone last night (think i seen the car on here) as i was headin into lisburn just up the road from lambeg, sti with gold wheels, you went by that quick i didnt even have the time to give ya a flash lol

Sounded well ;)

teamheath2 15 April 2007 03:11 PM

I seen a lovely sounding Classic at Sainsburys petrol station last night, guy didn't seem interested though!!

brocks 16 April 2007 03:32 AM

Gawley, cheers for the splitter link, just ordered one should be here as soon as they get a few more people to sign up.

Oh and not to go off topic.

WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE !!!!LOL

GAWLEY 16 April 2007 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by brocks (Post 6839642)
Gawley, cheers for the splitter link, just ordered one should be here as soon as they get a few more people to sign up.

Oh and not to go off topic.

WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE !!!!LOL

No problem brocks, should look great when fitted. :thumb:

teamheath2 16 April 2007 07:47 PM

Quote; 'Oh and not to go off topic.

WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE !!!!LOL'

:lol: Seen two more today in Lisburn area and . . . . .

nothing!!! Must of thought I was a wierdo :cuckoo:

And just when I thought ALL Impreza Owners in N.I had read my post !!!! :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

daz4065 16 April 2007 09:29 PM

I have had a few blanks from more recent sti drivers this week also. Maybe they are just not used to the secret club they have unwittingly joined.

:luxhello:
:luxhello:

GAWLEY 17 April 2007 10:34 AM

I have had the same daz, i seen another classic in belfast last week and waved but they looked at me like i was driving my car naked :wonder:

Also seen another green classic out near sainsburys in Lisburn last night, I initially thought it was teamheath but i was pushing it on and didnt really get a chance to wave or anything. Apologies if it was you teamheath

teamheath2 17 April 2007 07:29 PM

[QUOTE=GAWLEY;6843322]I have had the same daz, i seen another classic in belfast last week and waved but they looked at me like i was driving my car naked :wonder:

Also seen another green classic out near sainsburys in Lisburn last night, I initially thought it was teamheath but i was pushing it on and didnt really get a chance to wave or anything. Apologies if it was you teamheath[/QUOT

Think that was me mate, I was there quite late filling it up!!!

Where were you mate? I didn't clock anyone else there!

I'm always on the look out for other wavers !!:thumb:

GAWLEY 17 April 2007 10:41 PM

It wasnt actually at the petrol station teamheath, it was at the new roundabout infront of where David Prentices used to be, i was heading down towards the motorway going to moira and the green classic was going the other way

teamheath2 18 April 2007 10:31 PM

Oh ! Shame I didn't see ya mate, I will keep my eye out:Suspiciou :thumb:

mark12 20 April 2007 10:56 PM

i would see a scoob. probably once a week, usually the same one with a middle age woman driving it, i waved at her the first few times however now she's beginning to smile at me when she passes, do i keep waving and risk a beating from the other half and no dinner, or stick with the driving appreciation club?

daz4065 21 April 2007 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by mark12 (Post 6854816)
i would see a scoob. probably once a week, usually the same one with a middle age woman driving it, i waved at her the first few times however now she's beginning to smile at me when she passes, do i keep waving and risk a beating from the other half and no dinner, or stick with the driving appreciation club?

Depends what you want from your encounters!! :norty: Stick with the veneer of appreciating her car. will probably save you getting a :freak3: battering from your girl. lol

brocks 21 April 2007 11:15 AM

LOL @ mark12, my only advice would be to note the model and year of her car, and if its an upgrade from your own keep smiling. You know how fickle women can be, you may find yourself wanting " an upgrade " at some point.............!!!!!!

gojonnyjo 22 April 2007 10:43 AM

Portadown Rcomms

Originally Posted by Rcomms (Post 6826695)

:wonder:
when did ya move to portadown rcomms :nono:

ya kept that very quite, considering i live in portadown too :luxhello:

teamheath2 22 April 2007 01:02 PM

I waved three times today on the road to Intl airport from Lisburn and go 2 back !!! Not bad, even though it was me who initiated them !!

The one who didn't wave back was in a classic almost identical to mine :wonder:

daz4065 22 April 2007 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by teamheath2 (Post 6857757)
I waved three times today on the road to Intl airport from Lisburn and go 2 back !!! Not bad, even though it was me who initiated them !!

The one who didn't wave back was in a classic almost identical to mine :wonder:

he was just jealous!!

teamheath2 22 April 2007 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by daz4065 (Post 6858206)
he was just jealous!!

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Yeah right, his looked quite tidy !!! Mine is as standard as they come at the mo!!

Cheers anyway Daz!:thumb: