ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scooby Sprint Championship / ScoobyLive (https://www.scoobynet.com/scooby-sprint-championship-scoobylive-421/)
-   -   Banter thread 2007 (https://www.scoobynet.com/scooby-sprint-championship-scoobylive-421/586395-banter-thread-2007-a.html)

Dill_typeR 25 February 2007 12:27 AM

Banter thread 2007

Thought I'd start one for this year so we can all slag each other off and spout crap........:norty:

mickywrx 25 February 2007 11:37 AM

:lol: :lol:

Neilo 25 February 2007 12:13 PM

ooh ooh can i play?

Your all crap.

if you disagree Dill your car gets it....

scubbay 25 February 2007 01:50 PM

Wheres my tag. Im sad

Dill_typeR 25 February 2007 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Neilo (Post 6694280)
ooh ooh can i play?

Your all crap.
if you disagree Dill your car gets it....

screw you smeg licker, you can walk next saturday:norty:

Neilo 25 February 2007 06:56 PM

you can walk from the airport then....:p

Dill_typeR 26 February 2007 11:55 AM

You purple topped engined ponce:hjtwofing

(threads coming along nicely:p )

wrxcraig 26 February 2007 02:49 PM

aw aw i think i might like this thread

Neilo 26 February 2007 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dill_typeR (Post 6697392)
You purple topped engined ponce:hjtwofing

(threads coming along nicely:p )

Enjoy your walk ;)

Dill_typeR 02 March 2007 01:18 AM

Watch it Neil, don't forget you're venturing North of the divide in May, bring some warm clothing, and a brollie:lol1:

ex-webby 06 March 2007 06:22 PM

Banter as much as you like..... my car is going to WALK the handling this year! ;)

Neilo 06 March 2007 06:43 PM

not if your hands are on the wheel shaun.....

ex-webby 06 March 2007 06:49 PM

:D

Regardless of who "Stig" will be this year (somebody that can REALLY drive will be piloting the car on the handling), I am arrogantly confident that car and driver will trounce all!

:D :cry:

This post will self destruct on May 26th! :D :D

Neilo 06 March 2007 07:19 PM

Captain cop out strikes again!!!! ;)

he he

ex-webby 06 March 2007 07:53 PM

You will have to wait until the day to see who "don's" the gloves!

flat4 06 March 2007 07:58 PM

Don't forget the rule that came in after last years event, no ex-professional drivers allowed :D

AudiLover 06 March 2007 08:38 PM

Am I allowed to come along in a heavily tuned MK2 audi S3, or is it scoobies only?

banny sti 06 March 2007 08:41 PM

When you say heavily tuned ,does it mean the car has underbody neons, neon washer jets and the best mod of all dump valves!

Banny

Neilo 06 March 2007 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 6723718)

You will have to wait until the day to see who "don's" the gloves!

It matters not, if its not you then its a cheat :p ;)

by the way did anyone take on board my idea for the overall best car? i.e. the fastest combination of 1/4 and handling? i.e. the positions attained in both disceplines to create an overall champ? seems like a no brainer to me!!!

ZEN Performance 06 March 2007 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Neilo (Post 6723906)
It matters not, if its not you then its a cheat :p ;)

by the way did anyone take on board my idea for the overall best car? i.e. the fastest combination of 1/4 and handling? i.e. the positions attained in both disceplines to create an overall champ? seems like a no brainer to me!!!

I totally agree that this should be done. Only spanner in the works being splitting off the tuner types from the privateers, which I think would have to be done to save the really quick privateer cars being lost down the overall placings. Classification could be tricky - after all both Andy and Paul (for example) have fully spec'd, built and tuned their own cars and their own blood, sweat and tears are in the car but we (and Andy) are happy to admit that we have more facilities and skills for R&D than most!

Having said all that, to be honest I think those that are considered to be tuner entries could easily be decided beforehand - we did this last year when we were offering the prize for fastest non-tuner lap of the handling circuit.

Have to be honest though and say right now that I would fully expect that any privateer entry would *have* to be driven in *all* disciplines by the owner. Sorry Shaun!

Just my 25p (women need to speak more ;))

Liz @ Zen

PS *If* I had my own Subaru I would whoooooop you all!

AudiLover 06 March 2007 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by banny sti (Post 6723900)
When you say heavily tuned ,does it mean the car has underbody neons, neon washer jets and the best mod of all dump valves!

Banny

I was more thinking along the lines of a flamer kit, and slammed on 12 inch rims.

Dill_typeR 06 March 2007 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 6723403)
Banter as much as you like..... my car is going to WALK the handling this year! ;)

Whilst you're walking I'll be sprinting:lol1:

I take it you're in the pro-class then sean, different driver to owner, let me check the rule book:norty: :confused:

evo north 07 March 2007 07:56 AM

handling

If the webmaster drives he will come no where, :lol: should be agood year this year on the handling, a few suprises i think:norty:

terryb 07 March 2007 01:01 PM

Whilst this is a banter thread, I have to make a serious comment as I agree whole-heartedly with what Liz has said.

I think it would be very unfair on the regular scooby enthusiast for non-tuner entrants to utilise the skills of a more professional/ talented driver. This could cause discontent in the community if that happened and a car won that was quite frankly not expected to.

From the tuners point of view, then it would definately work, as the event showcases their work and why not have a professional in the hot seat.

But for the general community and regular enthusiast, there should be rules that prevent this. Otherwise, what is to stop me or anyone else utilising the services of a professional race driver for £500 a day plus expenses, just to try and win an event. Where's the fun in that? This could be the downfall in a very popular event.

ex-webby 07 March 2007 05:46 PM

Evo North,
You sure about that.....there is more than one webmaster! ;)

And the other webmaster (me) beat one of your Evo colleagues at last years Tuner Grand Prix.... Hensteads Motorsports Yellow 550+bhp Track Prepared EVO. See practice makes all the difference! :p :D

Terry,
Please feel free to start a new thread about this if you wish..... would hate to pollute this thread with serious stuff! :D

Dill_typeR 07 March 2007 09:03 PM

Terry is right tho:thumb:

back on the banter.

You're all cocks, there

:hjtwofing :D

ex-webby 07 March 2007 09:09 PM

Dill,
Only one person around here is right...... and he is typing this! :p

Anyway... Terry is only coming out with all this, because even after all this modification work has been done, he will still get shown up by a better car and driver on the day! :D :D

Neilo 07 March 2007 09:17 PM

and then youll both be dicked on by me.....end of :D pro driver or not, bring it on :)

as you so correctly say shaun....practice makes perfect....

ex-webby 07 March 2007 09:25 PM

So whats been Terry's excuse then? :cry:

mickywrx 07 March 2007 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by terryb (Post 6725564)
£500 a day plus expenses

I'm your man. Won't win you anything, but I'll talk the talk :lol1: :lol1: