ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Security (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/)
-   -   Just bought a Clifford Concept 600 (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/584095-just-bought-a-clifford-concept-600-a.html)

teamheath2 17 February 2007 02:41 PM

Just bought a Clifford Concept 600

As the title says, I bought it off Ebay for £45 with valet code and everthing needed. :thumb:

I thought it was an absolute bargain!! These alarms are a couple hundred £ from anywhere else!!!!

Anybody got one and had any problems????

I was after a Toad Ai606 but this was too good to pass up!!

jbrayley 18 February 2007 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by teamheath2 (Post 6667865)
As the title says, I bought it off Ebay for £45 with valet code and everthing needed. :thumb:

I thought it was an absolute bargain!! These alarms are a couple hundred £ from anywhere else!!!!

Anybody got one and had any problems????

I was after a Toad Ai606 but this was too good to pass up!!

A lot of the cost of these, however, is in the installation. A GOOD installation should take a few days, and thats when the alarm is new and everything correctly labelled and fresh loom. Was the alarm new or used?

haroldhettaturbo 18 February 2007 12:45 PM

Had 1 fitted my calibra turbo, never had any problems with it.

The standard vauxhall alarm was left active also, so i could use either.

Used the vaux one when i wanted to leave the sunroof open.

Siren wasnt very loud though, my only gripe.

Scoobyclinic fit alarms!!

RUDDY 18 February 2007 12:50 PM

Your need a wiring loom though wont ya mate? their over a hundred quid and then installation on top! still should be half the price of a new one!

RUDDY 18 February 2007 12:50 PM

in fact i have one here that needs a wiring loom lol!

teamheath2 18 February 2007 02:31 PM

I got a new wiring loom with it, the guy bought it and never fitted it, the loom was £88 brand new.
The rest of the alarm is second hand but everything is there!!

The new loom has all black wires that are labelled to start but once it is fitted the labels are removed so thieves don't know what wires to cut!!!

MotorG Raf 19 February 2007 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by jbrayley (Post 6669995)
A lot of the cost of these, however, is in the installation. A GOOD installation should take a few days, and thats when the alarm is new and everything correctly labelled and fresh loom. Was the alarm new or used?

It only takes a few days to install if your a bad fitter. If you go to an authorised dealer then it will take approx 5 hours to install. Look on Clifford.com and find a local dealer.

RUDDY 19 February 2007 04:41 PM

I got a new wiring loom with it,
sorted :thumb: you got a bargain there :freak3:

teamheath2 19 February 2007 04:59 PM

Any idea how much fitting costs from a Clifford installer?

Does it need to be a Clifford installer, do they give me a certificate for the insurance?

Cheers fellas!! :)

RUDDY 19 February 2007 05:02 PM

dont know, but gap security will know give um a ring!

jbrayley 20 February 2007 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by MotorG Raf (Post 6673677)
It only takes a few days to install if your a bad fitter. If you go to an authorised dealer then it will take approx 5 hours to install. Look on Clifford.com and find a local dealer.

I couldnt disagree more. I have always asked for the best installation possible, often this involves removing most of the dash to find a good place to hide the unit, and all wiring run as neat and concelaled as possible. If you are fitting the unit in a similar place each time, like maybe you do with Subaru's, then maybe you could do it in that time. But how neat is the wiring, how well hidden is the unit, and how far apart are the cuts?

teamheath2 20 February 2007 11:26 AM

Is it definatley worth getting a Clifford fitter to do it? Would you all advise against getting someone else to do it? Do the insurance companies usually ask who the installer was??

jbrayley 20 February 2007 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by teamheath2 (Post 6676126)
Is it definatley worth getting a Clifford fitter to do it? Would you all advise against getting someone else to do it? Do the insurance companies usually ask who the installer was??

Always get a clifford fitter to fit it, thats never in question. Just tell them you want a top job, with the unit as hidden as possible and to take their time. Even if it costs you a little more. A good option is to ask them to take the cuts from one side of the car to the other, makes life far more difficult for the Pikeys :luxhello: Also think about having one of the cuts to the ECU power rather than starter (unless you plan on having Intellistart of course)

MotorG Raf 20 February 2007 12:46 PM

Well Directed/VSIB approved dealer are well trained and even taking the dash apart to do the fit should not take two days to install.

jbrayley 20 February 2007 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by MotorG Raf (Post 6676410)
Well Directed/VSIB approved dealer are well trained and even taking the dash apart to do the fit should not take two days to install.

Again this is dependant on the quailty of install. Maybe two days was a bit of an exageration I am sure a good/competent install could be achieved within a day, but if you really want a top job it can take longer with more thought going into the wiring. I have always asked for custom things, and lets face it the Subaru needs the best installation possible, as they are well targetted. I am sure you would take longer on your own car :)

p.s. I once had a chap from Gap (first and last time I would ever use them) installed a 600 and intellistart in my Cosworth in three hours. Everything seemed fine, never falsed seemed a good installation. Until my mate who is an autoelectrician looked over the wiring and it was disgraceful, and the immobilisation circuits were cut an inch apart. I am sure you do a MUCH better job without question though. You have a great rep and ovbiously know the Scooby inside out

teamheath2 21 February 2007 06:43 PM

The alarm arrived today! I had a look and it all seems there, the only thing was, I plugged all the sensors and that up to see what was left, and there was a few connectors free! Are these for the optional extras? i.e; intellistart, boot popper etc?

Just want to make sure there are no bits missing,

Cheers

MotorG Raf 22 February 2007 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by jbrayley (Post 6677320)
Again this is dependant on the quailty of install. Maybe two days was a bit of an exageration I am sure a good/competent install could be achieved within a day, but if you really want a top job it can take longer with more thought going into the wiring. I have always asked for custom things, and lets face it the Subaru needs the best installation possible, as they are well targetted. I am sure you would take longer on your own car :)

p.s. I once had a chap from Gap (first and last time I would ever use them) installed a 600 and intellistart in my Cosworth in three hours. Everything seemed fine, never falsed seemed a good installation. Until my mate who is an autoelectrician looked over the wiring and it was disgraceful, and the immobilisation circuits were cut an inch apart. I am sure you do a MUCH better job without question though. You have a great rep and ovbiously know the Scooby inside out

Fully agree with you that when fitting an alarm on imprezas you have to ensure it is a good fit.

teamheath2 22 February 2007 07:46 PM

Does anyone know where I can get intallation intructions from for this alarm? I have downloaded some but I think they are for the US model and not the UK!!

teamheath2 23 February 2007 04:43 PM

I have been lookin round and the US ones are the only ones I can find. Does anyone know if there is a different UK one or if this is the only one????

MotorG Raf 01 March 2007 10:28 AM

PM me and i will get you a fitting manual

Jesus H 01 March 2007 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by MotorG Raf (Post 6708030)
PM me and i will get you a fitting manual

You do realise that by giving out installation manuals you run the risk of having your DEI account shut down ?

MotorG Raf 02 March 2007 10:56 AM

Its a discontinued model. Im sure the person installing knows that they will not get Thatcham approval on the system.

Jesus H 02 March 2007 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by MotorG Raf (Post 6710942)
Its a discontinued model. Im sure the person installing knows that they will not get Thatcham approval on the system.

Doesn't matter if its discontinued or not. You can also have your VSIB and MESF approvals removed if you start handing out installation manuals of Thatcham products.

teamheath2 02 March 2007 08:19 PM

Don't worry about it mate, I only wanted to check all the connections to make sure nothing is missing!! I'll have to go off the one I got, thanks alot for the offer mate :notworthy but if it's that big a deal don't worry!!!!! The installer wont need one!! :wonder: