ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   LOSS OF BOOST ???????????????? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/578098-loss-of-boost.html)

SNAP-ON 27 January 2007 09:11 PM

LOSS OF BOOST ????????????????

:wonder: My 94uk wagon has lost some boost , gone from 14psi down to 10psi max ! all vacumn pipes are now silicon still using the restrictor , the plugs are new and gapped to 0.7 done them today (did have 6s now fitted 7s) , all coils are perfect with no cracks , cleaned maf , cleaned solenoid , checked for split induction pipes as i have an hks induction kit fitted , done a code check and nothing ! done all of the above today and no different ! also have chipped ecu . i have a dawes device fitted so can rule out faulty boost solenoid ! have checked the tiny pin hole is clear in the dawes which it is ! also had an arc dump valve fitted and put standard recirc on and made no difference either ! whats left ??? the actuator ????????? you can feel the car not pulling as hard . tried winding the dawes up a bit for more boost and made a small difference (1 psi !) anyone???????????????????????????:wonder:

Lee D T 27 January 2007 09:39 PM

Maybe a leak from the turbo to intercooler - intercooler to throttle body?

Originally Posted by SNAP-ON (Post 6597167)
:wonder: My 94uk wagon has lost some boost , gone from 14psi down to 10psi max ! all vacumn pipes are now silicon still using the restrictor , the plugs are new and gapped to 0.7 done them today (did have 6s now fitted 7s) , all coils are perfect with no cracks , cleaned maf , cleaned solenoid , checked for split induction pipes as i have an hks induction kit fitted , done a code check and nothing ! done all of the above today and no different ! also have chipped ecu . i have a dawes device fitted so can rule out faulty boost solenoid ! have checked the tiny pin hole is clear in the dawes which it is ! also had an arc dump valve fitted and put standard recirc on and made no difference either ! whats left ??? the actuator ????????? you can feel the car not pulling as hard . tried winding the dawes up a bit for more boost and made a small difference (1 psi !) anyone???????????????????????????:wonder:

SNAP-ON 27 January 2007 11:34 PM

bttt

dan83590 28 January 2007 09:30 AM

Just wondering. Did the problem start when you fitted the silicone pipe and restrictor to the bottom of the boost control solenoid?

SNAP-ON 29 January 2007 08:58 PM

problem was before that ! also the tick over has gone from 75o to 1000 rpm but its been like that for a couple of months now , not sure if thats linked to anything ?? could it be my maf ? or actuator faulty ? want my 14psi back !

Jolly Green Monster 29 January 2007 09:22 PM

either you have a boost leak.. ie. pipe between intercooller and throttle body, or a vac line is split loose connection, are they all clamped?..

If it was running 14psi on the dawes and now running less then you might need to adjust it as the spring may have weakened.. but you need to ensure there is no leaks first etc..

Simon

sarnyboy 29 January 2007 09:24 PM

my 93 wrx recently did the same thing

after 3 months of troubles, finally cured it

i gapped the spark plugs from 0.7 down to 0.6, boost s fine now

someone suggested this is signs of my coil packs going down hill

spark plug gaps definately worth a try mate

:thumb:

SNAP-ON 29 January 2007 09:49 PM

cheers jgm was hoping to get answer from you ! will check intercooler piping etc , all pipes are clamped , also the hks induction kit seems to be making loads more sucking/hissing noise even at low boost coming of throttle it dumps so loud , even with standard valve !

Jolly Green Monster 29 January 2007 10:30 PM

what sarnyboy says is also worth looking into but you would normally feel a hessitation.. I am assuming it boosts like normal just lower number?

Simon

SNAP-ON 29 January 2007 10:34 PM

yeh boost is fine/normal just lack of high boost . did have 6s before with 0.6 gap and changed to 7s on saturday with 0.7 gap must smoother revs now but the 6s were well used ! will check dawes spring aswell

Jolly Green Monster 29 January 2007 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by SNAP-ON (Post 6605027)
yeh boost is fine/normal just lack of high boost . did have 6s before with 0.6 gap and changed to 7s on saturday with 0.7 gap must smoother revs now but the 6s were well used ! will check dawes spring aswell

you might need to go smaller on the 7s..

Simon

sarnyboy 30 January 2007 03:50 PM

yeah, i gapped my 7's to 0.6...

SNAP-ON 30 January 2007 08:54 PM

Sorted !! done what jgm said and undid the dawes and extended the spring inside , put it back together and 14psi !!!!!!!! as he said the spring may of become weak which it must have , but now sorted , cheers people