ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Orange problems.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/576490-orange-problems.html)

drb5 22 January 2007 05:46 PM

Orange problems....

Ok. Needing a bit of advice here in regards to trading standards with Orange.

Been trying to get an upgrade on my mobile phone contract with Orange for a while now.

At the moment i pay £30 a month on an N70. I'm wanting an SPV-M3100 but they would only give me at £150 plus a £35 a month contract. I was however told to wait till i was 30 days away from my contract finishing and they would see what they could do for me.

While i have been waiting, i searched the internet in search of better deals. I found on E2SAVE.COM the same phone with an 18 or 12 month contract, at £35 a month, but the handset was free. Ok i thought, it's a different company, i'll give them the benefit of the doubt and i'll go see Oranges website and check what deal it would be if i was a NEW customer and not a customer who has been with them for more than 5 years! Turns out, they offer the EXACT SAME HANDSET to NEW customers, for just £50 on the £35 a month contract!!

I obviously went on to complain but was again told to wait till the last month came up.

So, as today was the time to call, i phoned to today expecting to get the phone AT LEAST for £50, hopefully less, but was told It's £149.99"!!!

At that point i wentoff on one, but managed to keep the swear words from my mouth. I said i was going to Trading Standards and Citizens Advice Bureau, but i'm slightly unsure now if it's even worth it.

I've asked for the pac number? and once i have that, go to E2SAVE and get a deal from them.

Am i being silly, or should i let Trading Standards know that people are being blatantly ripped off by Orange and they don't even know??

talizman 22 January 2007 05:54 PM

3 words....

Cancellations department please ;)

The wife just phoned for an upgrade and they told her the upgrade would be free, but the handset £50! WTF :cuckoo:

Funny how the cancellations dept gave her what she wanted foc ;)

drb5 22 January 2007 05:56 PM

That's just it bud, they were still gonna charge me the 150 and that's even talking to the cancellations department!

Daylight robbery and they shouldn't get away with it.

:(

methodman 22 January 2007 06:34 PM

all networks are guilty of this to be honest.

heres what i`d do

phone up & cancel your contract BUT tell them to send you out a p.a.y.g sim card with your contract number on it.

go into a Orange shop or e2shave and tell then your on orange p.a.y.g and want to start a contract keeping your number.

its called an NT3 connection.

drb5 22 January 2007 06:39 PM

Cheers for that.

I've already asked for the pac number and figured i'd need this to go to e2save anyway?

Sti_Prodrive 22 January 2007 06:48 PM

naa, ur totaly right for what you've done so far.. get your PAC number & move on.. all these companys are just the a bunch of W*****S & all they want is your money...

Let us know what you do at the end of it..

drb5 22 January 2007 06:53 PM

Thanks for that. Makes me feel a bit better. :)

Trouble is, the SPV-M3100 is still on Orange and i feel a bit of an idiot for going on about them, if i end up staying with them....

I know there is different versions available, but the e2save deal is best for me with the price and calls/texts per month.

Spose i'll just need to grin and bear it. :D I'll phone e2save tomorrow and see what they suggest.

:cool:

Nat 22 January 2007 06:55 PM

This thread may interest you ;)

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...r-service.html

drb5 22 January 2007 07:04 PM

Just found this deal...
spv m3100 on Orange Dolphin £35 (18mths) at BuyMobilePhones.net
anyone got some spare time to see if anywhereelse does a better deal?

Sti_Prodrive 22 January 2007 07:05 PM

:norty: TOP STUFF !! :norty:

drb5 22 January 2007 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Nat21 (Post 6577107)

Thanks for that! :thumb:

Will give that a try.

drb5 22 January 2007 07:17 PM

Emails sent...