ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   New Powerstation stage 4 tune! (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/574908-new-powerstation-stage-4-tune.html)

MrRA 16 January 2007 10:26 PM

New Powerstation stage 4 tune!

Anyone noticed this yet?

Check their site quite regularly and came across this earlier.

400BHP out of JDM STI :norty: :D

PowerStation

Neilo 16 January 2007 10:33 PM

3k extra for a turbo, injectors and an inlet hose??? your having a laugh!

WRX_Rich 16 January 2007 11:08 PM

nope but i do like that engine deal

has anyone tried and tested the cossy engine

Damocell 16 January 2007 11:20 PM

Isn't that the engine they use in the Type 25?

Damo

MrRA 17 January 2007 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Damocell (Post 6556719)
Isn't that the engine they use in the Type 25?

Damo

No. This is a power upgrade to the EJ20 used in the JDM cars.

Type 25 engine costs well over £10k and is a 2.5.

LitchfieldImports 17 January 2007 03:36 PM

Neilo, It's quite time consuming to get everything fitted correctly then tuned on the Dyno.

Iain

Damocell 17 January 2007 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by MrRA (Post 6558366)
No. This is a power upgrade to the EJ20 used in the JDM cars.

Type 25 engine costs well over £10k and is a 2.5.

On the site the cosworth engine is a 2.5 ltr. I'm not talking about the 400bhp upgrade but the section of the site that says "Cosworth" in relation to the has anyone tried the cossy engine comment!

Originally Posted by WRX_Rich (Post 6556669)
nope but i do like that engine deal

has anyone tried and tested the cossy engine

The engine on there is a 2.5 fully built and costs over 10k

Damo

scoobytyson 17 January 2007 06:59 PM

Powerstation

Originally Posted by MrRA (Post 6556456)
Anyone noticed this yet?

Check their site quite regularly and came across this earlier.

400BHP out of JDM STI :norty: :D

PowerStation

I am considering having there stage 3 soon, will see how that go's first, anyone on here had this?

MrRA 17 January 2007 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by scoobytyson (Post 6559599)
I am considering having there stage 3 soon, will see how that go's first, anyone on here had this?

I believe T5NYW has got the T20 package based on a JDM STI. He would be able fill you in first hand on how it is.

gussy 18 January 2007 03:30 PM

I was down at powerstation last week its a little bit more than a turbo/induction/injectors I did an overlay of the dyno results from the 400+ kit with my own it comes on boost about 200rpm later than my twinscroll but then the midrange top end just keeps climbing the other thing is I belive they provide a warrenty with it as well which must count for something....While I was down there Rich was just finishing a cossy/scoob engine for a customer just a little bit out of my leauge for now the lucky bugger.

AndrewC 18 January 2007 03:43 PM

Any specs on the "IHI Twin Scroll Garrett Core Hybrid Turbo" ?

gussy 18 January 2007 11:09 PM

Andrew they wouldn't tel me too much but I belive it is a couple off steps up from the one that shaun is running on his car at the moment.

subivoodoo 25 March 2007 10:09 PM

Now any specs on the "IHI Twin Scroll Garrett Core Hybrid Turbo" ?

gussy 25 March 2007 10:31 PM

I have just had one fitted to my car but do not have that info at hand yet,I will be getting in touch with turbo dynamics later this week they build the hybrid turbo's just to get the info for my records.

pugsleygti 25 March 2007 10:56 PM

just been on the web site and noticed there porsche brake kit now they look really nice, powerstation did my suspension so might get them to do my brakes any ideas how they compare to ap brakes or stop tech cause all about same sort money but it is a talking point to say u have huge porsche brakes on your scooby ...... slightly vain i guess chris

ex-webby 26 March 2007 06:58 PM

WRX_Rich,
Yes... and they are an awesome bit of kit. :)

ScoobyTyson,
The ScoobyNet Spec C had the PowerStation Stage 3 conversion. See the articles section in the main header of each page to see the results. :)

Iain,
Ignore Neil..... if he can't buy something 14th hand off ebay he aint interested! :D :D

scoobboy 26 March 2007 09:08 PM

Iain,
Ignore Neil..... if he can't buy something 14th hand off ebay he aint interested! :D :D

haha :lol1:

Neilo 26 March 2007 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 6783624)
Iain,

Thats ok, the 14th hand ebay machine will still take yours apart :)

I thank you ;)

ex-webby 26 March 2007 11:16 PM

:D :cry:

Roll on ScoobyLive then. I might let you touch the trophy for 1 second this time. :D

Neilo 26 March 2007 11:23 PM

well by the rules you wont be touching it at all if your not driving the car....:p

if you are then ill be a lot closer to it than youll ever be!!

enjoy ;)

subivoodoo 28 May 2007 08:43 AM

And now, any specs or pics of this "IHI Twin Scroll Garrett Core Hybrid Turbo"?

Thanks
Adrian

MrRA 28 May 2007 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by subivoodoo (Post 6962906)
And now, any specs or pics of this "IHI Twin Scroll Garrett Core Hybrid Turbo"?

Thanks
Adrian

You may be better off giving Powerstation or Turbo Dynamics a ring mate. Essentially, I am assuming, the changes will relate to the compressor wheel in its size and design, with it being designed to maintain the excellent low down response of the twin scroll unit but at the same time providing a better mid-range and top end punch. I would guess that a VF42 (as found on the S203, S204 and RA-R) is very much similar.

Pics wise, it would look the same with modifications being inside and thus hidden from sight.

GazTheHat 28 May 2007 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Neilo (Post 6556482)
3k extra for a turbo, injectors and an inlet hose??? your having a laugh!

Exactly what i thought when i read it.

But who got the trophy? :)

ex-webby 28 May 2007 12:59 PM

Reliability and a quality job is worth paying for. I always drive to and from an event and have not suffered any issues in 2yrs. ;)

MrRA 28 May 2007 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 6963497)
Reliability and a quality job is worth paying for. I always drive to and from an event and have not suffered any issues in 2yrs. ;)

Shaun, what spec engine are you now running? Can we assume that you have had the Cosworth transplant?

ex-webby 28 May 2007 07:18 PM

MrRa,
Running a Cosworth engine now. :) Full details in the up and coming Stage 3 Engine Modification Article.

Regards,
Shaun

MrRA 28 May 2007 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 6964488)
MrRa,
Running a Cosworth engine now. :) Full details in the up and coming Stage 3 Engine Modification Article.

Regards,
Shaun

Thought so. Looking forward to the write up.:thumb:

Oh, and out of curiosity did you consider going along the 2.2/2.33 route also. I'm assuming you'll answer this in the Stage 3 article but just thought I'd get a heads up now.;)

Henrik 29 May 2007 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 6963497)

meeooow!!

Saucer of milk for webmaster, please! ;)

LitchfieldImports 29 May 2007 09:50 AM

This Kit is on the new GP Edition Spec C (with a slightly smaller version of the turbo) and it was superb at Scooby shootout. Spools quicker than standard and enough power to take 4th place in the dry behind some seriously powerful cars! and ahead of a few as well ;)

I'd say money well spent :)

ex-webby 29 May 2007 12:32 PM

MrRA,
Yes I had considered, but felt the 2.5 solution from Cosworth was the way to go after seeing how well the Type25 Race Car did last year in Time Attack. :)

Henrik,
It is one of the KEY facts that so many others seem to gloss over. I wonder why? lol

Iain,
It does not do you any good commercially, to have a more expensive car that you are involved in coming behind you. :cry: :D Well done mate.... you deserve, what in my view was one of the biggest acheivements of the day.

I must find a better driver next year! :D

Regards,
Shaun.