ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   looking to buy wrx estate (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/572061-looking-to-buy-wrx-estate.html)

ulickcox 07 January 2007 12:39 AM

looking to buy wrx estate

right on,
I'm looking to buy a wrx estate and id like to know a bit of backgroung info, 0-60 etc. could someone out there please help me out. cheers

GC8 07 January 2007 04:50 AM

About 5.5 seconds; and that answer isnt nearly as vague as your question.....

moveover 07 January 2007 07:20 AM

Subaru don't make WRX estates!!!!

GC8 07 January 2007 07:55 AM

Im sure that they do: I have one parked in my garage...

steve nic 07 January 2007 08:25 AM

so am i have one to :luxhello: only downsides are slightly less power than saloon:( and no rear bulkhead aparantly the boot is bigger but i not to sure about that:wonder:on the plus side they do look better

julesp600 07 January 2007 08:31 AM

I have one too. They "surprise" people sometimes who don't really look at it and just see an estate :norty: :lol1:

Good fun, I can recommend them.

rigga 07 January 2007 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by steve nic (Post 6518476)
only downsides are slightly less power than saloon:(

Easily sorted.....;)

well in so much as any other power upgrade for the engine :D

shepster 07 January 2007 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by steve nic (Post 6518476)
so am i have one to :luxhello: only downsides are slightly less power than saloon:( and no rear bulkhead aparantly the boot is bigger but i not to sure about that:wonder:on the plus side they do look better

Do they ? ? ?

Pro Boy 07 January 2007 12:02 PM

no estate wrx, but they do a sports wagon or saloon

Russ71 07 January 2007 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 6518465)
Im sure that they do: I have one parked in my garage...

Dont you mean a Wagon.:wonder: I have a WRX Wagon http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...cture098-1.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...cture105-1.jpg

moneys 07 January 2007 12:36 PM

the classics had less power if i remeber correctly!! although the new newage are the same. some people say the wagon handles better due to more weight over the rear as well.

B4D HK 07 January 2007 03:46 PM

get a wagon mate, more stealthy

moveover 07 January 2007 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Pro Boy (Post 6518913)
no estate wrx, but they do a sports wagon or saloon

Exactly.

GC8 07 January 2007 08:22 PM

You're being pedantic. It's an estate car irrespective of whether Subaru made up the name 'Sportswagon' or not!

superstar1 08 January 2007 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 6520679)
You're being pedantic. It's an estate car irrespective of whether Subaru made up the name 'Sportswagon' or not!

Wrong! that aint no estate, more a hatch back, thats why we call em wagons. Get with the lingo mate, Volvo make estates and they are about 40 foot long, our wagons are just saloons with a bit cobbled on the back.

harvey 08 January 2007 12:44 AM

Wagons / Estates are not necessarily slower than cars. From memory I think a Wagon won the first ever Scooby Shootout at Elvington.
Definately good stealth Wagons.

Janspeed 08 January 2007 12:47 AM

Have had one for a while now, MY05 version.

Best buy I have ever made!

Tons of fun! :D :D :D :D

GC8 08 January 2007 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by superstar1 (Post 6521959)
Wrong! that aint no estate, more a hatch back, thats why we call em wagons. Get with the lingo mate, Volvo make estates and they are about 40 foot long, our wagons are just saloons with a bit cobbled on the back.

Theyre called "'Wagons" because its short for Sportswagon and estate cars are called 'wagon' in Japan. Look on your V5 and youll see that the cars body type is clearly entered as estate.

Now be quiet, because youre showing yourself up.

superstar1 08 January 2007 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 6522033)
Theyre called "'Wagons" because its short for Sportswagon and estate cars are called 'wagon' in Japan. Look on your V5 and youll see that the cars body type is clearly entered as estate.

Now be quiet, because youre showing yourself up.

Oh dear we are in a bad mood, is it blob week and you've just ran out of tampons?

GC8 08 January 2007 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by superstar1 (Post 6522040)
Oh dear we are in a bad mood, is it blob week and you've just ran out of tampons?

http://www.popamericana.com/!/stfu-noob.jpg

Janspeed 08 January 2007 01:12 AM

LMAO!!!!

Janspeed 08 January 2007 01:13 AM

Listen guys, it sort of goes like this......

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...g_internet.jpg

superstar1 08 January 2007 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 6522044)

Oh i get it the chemist is closed!

daijones 08 January 2007 02:54 AM

As I understand it, the New Age wagon WRX and the saloon WRX have the same mechanicals except:
the saloon has a slightly wider track (about 10mm);
the wagon has slightly different rear springs and mounts, to potentially handle heavier loads;
the wagon's a little heavier, which adds a smidge (~ 0.1, 0.2 secs) to the 0-60;
the wagon has no rear bulkhead, so flexes a little more

On the upside, the wagon has more luggage room with the seats up, and lots more with the seats down. More to the point, it's much more acceptable to put a dog in the boot of the wagon than the boot of the saloon :) particularly with the Subaru dog guard, which fits in nicely - although the hole for the centre seat belt to pass through does allow your dog to chew the rear head rest :( The wagon does also have that stealth factor.

On the down side, the wagon is slightly less modifiable than the saloon, though only slightly. Main difference is that it has an ET53 offset requirement for the wheels, because it doesn't have the widened wheel arches, which means that most aftermarket 18" wheels don't fit without rubbing the arches if you have lowered springs (and perhaps without lowering too). The only ones I've found that fit are a naff 11 spoke gold wheel that Subaru do, and Prodrive's P-WRC1, which are IMHO a nice wheel but dear. You'll also find it more difficult to get body kits, if you want such, but a front splitter fits fine and Subaru do front & rear lower spoilers. Revolution do some nice front and rear lower splitters that should fit with a little modification. The other downside is that stealth factor - I've been cut up on roundaouts a few times by people expecting me to be less quick off the mark. Having said that, the idiots would probably have done the same if I'd had a saloon with the STi wing on, no accounting for some people's behaviour :brickwall

Re modification, using my wagon as an example, I've had Powerstation's stage 2 handling pack fitted, which is the same pack as would go on a saloon but needed a £50 set of camber bolts to go on the rear suspension. Good as gold. I've also had the Powerstation performance upgrade, good for 270+ BHP on a conservative rolling road (it's an 05 model year, 2.0l), and upgraded front disks and pads. Basically exactly the same as if I had a saloon, except for the camber bolts. I'm thinking about getting a rear strut brace to make up for the missing bulkhead, about £100, but it's not really needed.

The main downside of the wagon is that you can't get the New Age wagon in an STi model, though you could get classic wagon STis for a while. A pity that, but with appropriate mods you can make up for it a bit.

Re the estate vs wagon argument, technically I guess it's an estate. However, whereas estates often have a lengthened body over a saloon to create a larger load bay, the Impreza wagon is the same below the wasteline as the saloon, except for the flared wings on the WRX. The effect is that it's small for an estate car. It's debatable what the difference is between a "small estate" and a hatchback.

Dai

superstar1 08 January 2007 02:58 PM

Like i said, more of a hatchback than an estate deffo no Volvo, but say it quietly or the know-alls get uptight!

rabskyline 08 January 2007 03:12 PM

i have one Guys and have had 3 in total ....sportswagon/wagon/ whatever...its still a feckin' ESTATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT A HATCHBACK.

GC8 08 January 2007 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by superstar1 (Post 6523707)
Like i said, more of a hatchback than an estate deffo no Volvo, but say it quietly or the know-alls get uptight!

https://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...heinternet.jpg

The Trooper 1815 08 January 2007 03:46 PM

Re modification, using my wagon as an example, I've had Powerstation's stage 2 handling pack fitted, which is the same pack as would go on a saloon but needed a £50 set of camber bolts to go on the rear suspension. Good as gold. I've also had the Powerstation performance upgrade, good for 270+ BHP on a conservative rolling road (it's an 05 model year, 2.0l), and upgraded front disks and pads. Basically exactly the same as if I had a saloon, except for the camber bolts. I'm thinking about getting a rear strut brace to make up for the missing bulkhead, about £100, but it's not really needed.

I have one fitted Dai, and it feels much better:thumb: Made up some quick release bolts because of the B&Q trips and all that.

Bateman 08 January 2007 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 6523856)

I was pulled by the local law on friday, and just before I got in the car the low IQ cop'ah said " if you want to drive like that why dont you get a real impreza ". I just smiled, what a C#ck , they dont get the wagon thing

Jamo 08 January 2007 03:47 PM

:lol1: