ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Selling your car excuses. (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/571076-selling-your-car-excuses.html)

noobscoob 03 January 2007 04:32 PM

Selling your car excuses.

Once again im hunting for a car. its a pain in the bloody arse and everyone here knows the trails and tribulations over trying not to buy a lemon. but over the past weeks after reading hundreds of ads one thing is apparent.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LYING BUGGERS AND MAKE CRAP EXCUSES FOR SELLING!

top of the lot is excuse 101..''im getting a company car''. all well and good then you see that they would happily swap or take a part ex on a ''cossie'' or evo.

''my g/f is preggers so i have to sell''..again will part ex for an mr2!!! doh!

''im moving abroad''....yeah..for 2 weeks to spain!!

for once id like to read ''only selling because i hate the damn car,it guzzles petrol and it's been thrashed to buggery'' :)

Matt_taylor 03 January 2007 04:35 PM

mine normally is

" im bored!" lol

Multijfj 03 January 2007 04:36 PM

lol here here:notworthy

When I have sold every one of my cars, my excuse has always been "Insurance is too much for me" - Which works everytime because im only small :D

1168 03 January 2007 04:37 PM

im not selling mine but it guzzles petrol and i thrash f**k out of it .so if i ever sell it you no now:thumb:

EmEm 03 January 2007 04:48 PM

When I sold my 4x4 my reason (not excuse!) was because I had no need for a 4x4, which is true!!
The only reason I would sell the Scooby would be to upgrade....ummmmm.....EVO 6 :luvlove:

scoobydoo4u 03 January 2007 05:02 PM

thought u said upgrade?? :Suspiciou :cuckoo:

donnas roo 03 January 2007 05:03 PM

Not all are ragged to hell, some people do actually treat their Subaru's with more respect than that....

Yes before you all have a go at me i have never ragged him, i think too much of the car to do that.

AndyC_772 03 January 2007 05:06 PM

I feel for you, buying a used car sucks. Here is the rant I had to get off my chest last time, hope it makes you feel a bit better.

scoobydoo4u 03 January 2007 05:08 PM

whats ure definition of "ragged" ? .......... mine doesnt come on boost until 3500rpm so i have no choice but to use the "power band" as i like to call it , some people would call it raggin

donnas roo 03 January 2007 05:27 PM

No i mean when you see the tos***s flying in 3rd gear and the car screeming it's ar*e off, i know the cars can withstand more than most cars, but these it is those who are going to be buying the car once you have partially killed it who i feel sorry for.
I paid £16,500 for my STi 18 months ago, and wouldn't have been able to afford to start replacing parts on him because of some-one taking him too far.

But in all fairness, the car would probably run better if i did do the speed the car is built for....

icarus1859 03 January 2007 06:57 PM

I'm looking at adverts now and there are some on this forum with the excuses about selling to buy a house, needing the money to move etc - then a couple of posts later offering to straight swap for something else:wonder:
Do they realise they just shot themselves in the foot and now the seed is sown that they might be getting rid of it for possibly dubious reasons.

I sold my Imprezza because it used too much fuel and running costs were too high to justify what I used it for. I told the buyer that at the first opportunity.

Honesty goes a long way - unless the car is fcuked and then the excuses come out.:rolleyes:

rossi_classicwrx 03 January 2007 07:16 PM

mines in there for sale at the moment. My "excuse" isn't really an excuse either. The impreza isn't economical to use for long journeys every day and so i got a car that was better suited. Seeing as i can't afford to have them both the impreza has to go!

Shark Man 03 January 2007 07:20 PM

My car is NOT for sale because of all of the arsey timewasters.

It's a good excuse imo. ;)

If someone waved enough notes undermy nose I'd whip the v5 out quicker than a ex-monk undoing his robe at an orgy :D

scoobyboy1 03 January 2007 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by noobscoob
SOME PEOPLE ARE LYING BUGGERS AND MAKE CRAP EXCUSES FOR SELLING!

top of the lot is excuse 101..''im getting a company car''. all well and good then you see that they would happily swap or take a part ex on a ''cossie'' or evo.

)

Seen a advert like that on a couple of forums I go on that goes something like this:

"Very Reluctant sale, I really dont want to part with my pride and joy, but I've now got a company car, and have no time to enjoy it anymore".

Would swap/px for a Evo, scooby, M3, M5 etc etc!!!!!!
Or there is this excuse which I used when I sold my Evo VII:

"Need to sell so I can buy my first house and get on the property ladder"
Thing is I did sell the Evo VII and I did buy my first house, but not with the money I sold the car for, That bought me a Focus RS to help me cut high fuel bills and sky high insurance.:p

icarus1859 03 January 2007 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Shark Man
My car is NOT for sale because of all of the arsey timewasters.

That works both ways though, you'd be surprised how many sellers mess you about when you are standing with cash in your hand.
I've been trying to buy a particular motorcycle recently and have given up because I got messed about by sellers so much.

Prasius 03 January 2007 08:36 PM

The guy who owned my Impreza before me just wanted a change and bought an RS4..

Can't argue with that much really!