ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Fog now,Snow later. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/568009-fog-now-snow-later.html)

speye91 21 December 2006 06:43 PM

Fog now,Snow later.

A little bit of mist and the country grinds to a halt.:wonder:

What next?A few flakes of snow in the south,and the country will break down.:lol1:

I blame new Labour.:lol1:

Or An al Quida(sp) Weather machine.:wonder:

J4CKO 21 December 2006 09:01 PM

Feeel sorry for those having their hols cocked up, but not as sorry as I feel for myself being at home with no trip to New York or Skiing, only joking, its great fun .....

There wont be any snow worth having, but you are right, half an inch and thats it.

milo9783 21 December 2006 09:04 PM

every year we go through the same thing...its sometimes embarrassing to say im british when we shutdown due to weather and its not even a tornado, hurrican or tidal wave.
its like its the football world cup again...oh the shame lol

Baby Scuff 21 December 2006 09:17 PM

I'm dreaming of a white chritsmas......

Snow Snow Snow Snow Snow Snow :)

I have fog light on my car, I can deal with that ok, my car is also rear wheel drive meaning snow will be fun

I like snow

Jaydee5 21 December 2006 09:46 PM

Errrmmm............ :freak3: Nope

speedymonkey 21 December 2006 10:36 PM

Bloody hope it does snow soon, im dying to do a few cheeky drifts in the massive car park at work (yes it is private land, and is shut down till January, and i know all the security lads), every morning i spring out of bed and look out the window and then have a face like a slapped crab for half an hour as its not even icy:mad: , come on jack frost where you hiding:razz:

Bubba po 21 December 2006 10:41 PM

There's no rime or reason to it. :razz:

unclebuck 21 December 2006 11:02 PM

If we all paid a little more in green taxes all this fog would go away.

:Whatever_

Bubba po 21 December 2006 11:05 PM

How much tax would I need to pay to make YOU go away. :mad:

Baby Scuff 21 December 2006 11:10 PM

Its the Brussel Sprouts, made my toilet foggy I think its spreading

unclebuck 21 December 2006 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba po
How much tax would I need to pay to make YOU go away. :mad:

That depends on who you make the cheque out to.... :norty:

If you want a figure, please feel free to mail me. :)

Shark Man 21 December 2006 11:12 PM

I think it would be cheaper to employ Dai to do away with him :)

Bubba po 21 December 2006 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by unclebuck
That depends on who you make the cheque out to.... :norty:

If you want a figure, please feel free to mail me. :)

I see. Even the idealists are corrupt in this God-forsaken society. :(

Never mind, gatty might get run over by an effnic in one of my stolen motors tomorrow. :D:D

unclebuck 21 December 2006 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba po
I see. Even the idealists are corrupt in this God-forsaken society. :(

<quote Terry from Fawlty Towers> Ah, no Mr Fawlty, that's the free market... </quote>

;)

ethanrob 22 December 2006 11:58 AM

im sorry but!

Whenever winter comes aroundwhy is it everyone who lives below say,nottingham starts running around,screaming,flapping there arms"were all going to diiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" sort of state :rolleyes:

Up north,we just get on with it,Just take last years "heavy snow and ice" farse in cornwall,kids stranded at school,people sleeping in there cars on the A30!

please,give me strength

This morning i left for work at 3am,took my usual route down some very steep country lanes,all covered in untreated frost and ice.

Did i panic,run around the garden naked screaming holding five loafs of bread above my head a-la panic buying ?

no,i just drove,with caution as i usually do

FFS get a live down there you utter muppets :rolleyes:

KiwiGTI 22 December 2006 12:06 PM

Someone that starts work at 3am telling others to get a life????

ethanrob 22 December 2006 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
Someone that starts work at 3am telling others to get a life????

and finish at 11am :D

Simon C 22 December 2006 12:25 PM

Actually Ethanrob, not everyone down here runs around screaming.

I for 1, actually look forward tot he snow and laugh at everyone else panicing!!

I enjoy drving in the white stuff :norty:

Ok I'm a shropshire lad, and took my test in the snow which might explain it, but still, bring on the white stuff, I want a fun filled drive into work :D

Julz1983 22 December 2006 12:26 PM

nowt wrong with starting work at 3am if its shift work, my hubby does it

KiwiGTI 22 December 2006 12:36 PM

I worked shift before and that is about the worst hours I can think of. My favourite shift time was from 2pm until 10pm

Julz1983 22 December 2006 12:37 PM

Yeah my hubby does rotating throughout the week so 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm and 11pm -7am, the night shift is the worst he hates it.

Leslie 22 December 2006 02:59 PM

spey91,

Have you actually tried to land an airliner in the fog? Only the major airports have got autoland provisions on their runways so that is why the domestic flights have been cancelled. Worth thinking about that before you start carping on about the problems.

Les

speye91 23 December 2006 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Leslie
spey91,

Have you actually tried to land an airliner in the fog? Only the major airports have got autoland provisions on their runways so that is why the domestic flights have been cancelled. Worth thinking about that before you start carping on about the problems.

Les

Yes i have,but i was not driving the fecker.:D

i used to be able to land my German bomber in the fog...Now what was that SNES game called.That was WW1 without this fancy cruse control for hairyplanes.:D

Are you Deadrie Rashids Ex partner by any chance.:wonder: ;)

BTW,there is fog in Newcastle tonight,has NCLE INT,ground to a hault..............................NO.;)